At2k Problem

Not pumping right

6 replies to this topic

#1 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:07 PM

When I pump my 2K it pressurizes, but it bleeds off slowly. It also seems like there is solid opening (visualize) between the pump shaft all the wy up to the ballvalve. If I pull the trigger it fires, but if I try pulling the pump shaft out it loses all pressure. The pressure also makes the pump want to fly back out.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#2 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:30 PM

Here is how the pump works... When you pump the air it goes through a rubber valve at the end of the shaft. Because the gun is one giant tank that valve is the thing that holds all the air in the tank in. The other valve connects to the trigger. But you said it fires so that valve is not the problem which leaves two possibilities..

A. There is a crack in the tank.

B. The pump valve it screwed up.

I do not think it is A. because if there was a crack the plunger would not shoot out like it does, it would all go out through the crack. This leads me to beleive that the plunger valve is the culprit. I honestly do not know a way for you to fix it without breaking the pump off of the main tank. PM me if someone else cannot help you.

Meiser--
Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#3 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:35 PM

Should I replace said pump? If so that is not a problem. I just want to know what is wrong. Could it be the check valve? I really don't know what that is, but I think I know what it does, it stops seals the air into the tank. It happend after I tried the gun after geddon. I had plugged the pmp, and then removed it after my friend wanted to use it and I know that if it is plugged, he will pop it.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:43 PM

I'm almost positive, given what you are describing, that it is a check valve issue. Replacing the pump involving the check valve should solve the problem.

~ompa

#5 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:44 PM

Is it possible to replace/repair the check valve without changing the pump, I like the way it is.

150th post!

Edited by General Cole, 16 September 2006 - 03:45 PM.

-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#6 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:49 PM

It's a good thing CX likes you. If I was him you would be gone. STOP posting so much. You shouldn't even HAVE 150 posts in the little time you've been here. This is why people get banned. You might be the only person in NH history to be banned twice.

STOP POSTING SO GOD DAMN MUCH.
I hate you.

#7 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 09:38 PM

Sorry for the DP, but OMC is right, I have been here for almost a year posting every other day and I still only have like 129 posts. Slow down dude... Or you might be banned if CX gets aggitated.

Meiser--- :)
Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users