Photo

Longhot Front Gun Mod

16 replies to this topic

#1 maverick x

maverick x

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:59 PM

Some one needs to make a mod for the LS front gun. You know air restricter removal, spring replacement.
If you know how to do this please post a tutorial on how to do it.

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:15 PM

Why don't you try it yourself instead of asking other people to do it? It's not that hard since you seem to already know you need to take out the restrictor and replace the spring, so do it. People won't always take the time to do a writeup just because someone asked for it.
SexD Warves

#3 maverick x

maverick x

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:24 PM

i have tryed and have no idea how to do it

Edited by maverick x, 10 September 2006 - 08:25 PM.

#4 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:40 PM

"Attention veiwers! The Longshot front gun is the same plunger and barrel set-up as the crossfire!"
Cmon people, learn to actually pay attention. Just do as you would to a scout or a crossfire. Ok?

#5 hokiefan0705

hokiefan0705

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:36 PM

Comon hes new, give him a break. When I was New, I had no idea what I was doing, I bet all of you didnt. Maverick x, what I would do first if you have never modded a gun, would be to go out buy a couple Crossfires and mess around with them until you perfect your mod. Then when your ready, just do that exact thing to the Longshot. I was so bad at modding in the beggining, so dont worry about it. Just keep working, and if you brake a gun, don't worry about it, its not like a Sm5000 or a Crossbow.

Edited by hokiefan0705, 10 September 2006 - 09:42 PM.

Cubs in 2012

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:53 PM

Just keep working, and if you brake a gun, don't worry about it, its not like a Sm5000 or a Crossbow.

Yeah, it's only $30 compared to $50 right? ;)

Yeah, I was a total dumbass when I was new so it's excusable if you've never opened a gun before. I just assumed since you knew the terminology that you could figure out what to do. Basically search for "Scout mod" and do what ompa did to his, pretty much exactly. I did these exact mods to my LS pistol in fact, and it's getting a respectable 40' flat. So just find ompa's mod, open the gun and dig in!
SexD Warves

#7 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:06 PM

I do believe Carrtoon devised one a while back.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#8 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:35 PM

Honestly, in my experiences, taking the ARs out of an EB (Extension Blaster is what I call the front gun) or the xfire (crossfire, I'm trying to eat pizza here and come up with new acronyms while typing with 3 fingers because the other 2 are greasy) is kinda hard. I have no needle-nose pliars or leathermans, so i had to carfully cut the 3 prong thing into multiple pieces while it was still in the stock barrel. What a pain it was.

(Ah, finished the pizza and washed my hands, time for 69 WPM)

Then I found out that 1/2" cpvc fit perfectly into there. Duh, it's a xfire clone, right?

;) Life sucks when you find an easier way to do something AFTER you did it the hard way.

Lesson, get something that'll fit into the female plunger and wrap clear tape over it until it will move in and out of the female part smoothly (if you are over 13, which you should be, you have to understand the deeper meaning of my words if you want to do this mod correctly ;) ) but will not fall out of the female part unless you pull it out.

1) open gun

2) get barrel, wrap tape, blah blah

3) place barrel in female plunger and make sure it moves in and out nice and smooth and that it will tolerate repeated action until the barrel explodes ;)

4) be sure that you knew step 3 is not absolutely necessary

5) fit all innards into the case

6) glue the barrel into place and make sure it can't move anymore because from now on, the female part will do all the work ;)

7) close case and put more glue around the barrel to make it stable, trust me when I say "Don't let it move!"

8) load dart and hope it fires

If it doesn't fire, your barrel might be too tight. This gun is so weak, it's not funny. Especially if it's the only thing you have at the moment and you're in you friend's basement having a little skirmish.

The information I just gave you is not complete. I will not baby you through the entire process. I like getting noobs on the right track. I hate when noobs don't take my help and decide to put garbage on this great site. Not that I want to play moderator, but the place is my haven (yes, yes, the pun is intended) and I love this place. I don't like when things I love are full of garbage. Yes, that means hookers too. I will do whatever I can to make this place better (better for mature people) because this is home for my greatest and most time consuming hobby.

So good luck and try to fill in the blanks without asking for more help. It'll make you feel better than if you asked for someone to hold your hand.

PM me if you need a question answered, but make sure it's worth my time, and I'll probably make you find the answer for yourself.

And so in the words of the Family Guy universe Spiderman...

Everybody gets one...

Have a nice day :D
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#9 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:26 PM

I agree with Hokiefan, Nerfmonkey, chill man. Maverick x is new so give him a break. He probably is very new and unexperienced to modding. Maverick x, dont listen to guys like Nerfmonkey, hes just likes to pick on people on internet forums. Hey, just get some nitefinders and practice, then move on.
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#10 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:54 PM

I agree with Hokiefan, Nerfmonkey, chill man. Maverick x is new so give him a break. He probably is very new and unexperienced to modding. Maverick x, dont listen to guys like Nerfmonkey, hes just likes to pick on people on internet forums. Hey, just get some nitefinders and practice, then move on.

Your picking on someone right now, douche. I wasn't remotely good at modding. But I searched the forums, tried many different types of mods, thought of new ideas. My first mods weren't good. So I was able to salvage and do another one. After that mod I found something better I would do that.

In response to the topic I know many people have said it, but try a mod on some cheaper guns. Maybe make a diagram of the guns internals, case sizes, and sizes of possible moding materials I.E crayolla, CPVC, brass PETG, etc. Then draw out different ideas you have. When you find the one thats sure to work. Try it out. If you mess up try again. If you hurt the gun then try to find a way so salvage it and try it again or another mod. Kinda like a trial and error type deal.
Been a while.
#bro

#11 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:14 PM

Here is a picture of the gun's internals when I modded it. I took the picture to add to my nerf website... coming soon.

http://img110.images...ngshotf3vw1.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by six-five-two, 11 September 2006 - 07:15 PM.

#12 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:19 PM

squigs, now your picking on someone by calling me a douche! Do you know what that is? Everyone stop picking on eachother! If you don't have something appreciatable to say about this topic, don't say it.
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#13 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:33 PM

Next person who posts something remotely similar to a flame gets to sit in the corner for a month.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#14 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:33 AM

Here is a picture of the gun's internals when I modded it. I took the picture to add to my nerf website... coming soon.

http://img110.images...ngshotf3vw1.jpg

Enjoy!

Whoa, how did I not notice this thread? I asked for some internal pics of the front gun a few weeks back, with no response. Thanks for that.

#15 Whiplord

Whiplord

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:43 PM

I just modified this by drilling out the peg from the rear, just like I did my xfire/scout. That was fine, nothing broken, etc. Go to put it back together, get it back together only to find that the catch no longer works. I pull back the plunger, the piece slides past the catch like it's supposed to, but then slides right back, without locking. As far as I can tell, everything inside is in perfect condition, the catch is in place, the catch on the plunger is completely intact....

What's going on?

#16 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:49 PM

Yeah. I took out the restrictors and put everything back in, but, just like yours, it's not catching. If you come up with a solution could you post it or notify me? I worked with it for a while, and I got it to catch, but the trigger doesn't work and it fires off randomly.

#17 Whiplord

Whiplord

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:01 PM

A few things I did notice while struggling to put it together were several places that you had to get the case to catch.

1. The pluger tube has two raised grooves on it. These slide along plastic walls on either side of the case. make sure that those match up.

2. The hinge pin for the trigger catch. make sure that goes into it's resptove spot on the opposite side of the case.

If number two is not followed, the trigger won't pull. Maybe that's your problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users