Nerf Mine

Does one exist

4 replies to this topic

#1 Spark Plug

Spark Plug

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 08:59 PM

Does anyone have working plans on a nerf mine. My friends really want to make one.

#2 SniperWolf

SniperWolf

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 02:30 PM

just give up while you're ahead.
My children...They beat me...

...with sticks and buckets.

My wife...she is hairy...

...like sasquatch.

#3 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 04:39 PM

I'm in the process of making one. It's still in design stages, but I know it can be done. It's basically a homemade gun with a solenoid set up like a land mine. It is set off when the circuit is completed, so you can set it off by step-pad, trip wire, or wireless remote control. If you aren't looking for something that complicated, I've made mines that are set off with trip wire from film canisters. These things are really easy to make. Grab a film canister, save the lid. Fill the bottom of it with a layer of lead sinker weights, then put hot glue over that. If you don't have sinker weights, you can use BB's, but you'll need a few layers of them. Make sure you secure them with a layer of hot glue under and above the weights, whatever you use. I cut a peice of plastic the size of the inner diameter of the canister. I then attatched a spring to it, with another disk of plastic on the other side. Then glue the disk-spring-disk on top of the weight. You now have a basic grenade. I made a pin of a wire clothes hanger, and poked two holes opposite each other near the top of the canister. Push the spring down, put the pin in, then fill it with ammo. Airsoft BB's are reccomended, but if those aren't allowed you can use cut up peices of small hot glue sticks. You can use this as a grenade as is, or modify it slightly to make it a land mine. Attach fishing wire to the cap, then duct tape the grenade to a tree or wall, cap pointing towards desired direction. Tie the trip wire on something accross from the grenade, like a tree or bench. When someone walks by, and trips the wire, it will pull the cap off, spraying ammo towards enemy. These work great as grenades and land mines, and are pretty cheap. The ammo shoots up about 15-20 feet in the air, with a 2 foot spread, then falls back down, creating a 15 foot diameter which they fall back down.
"Do not question that which is. Question that which will never be."

#4 Spark Plug

Spark Plug

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:10 PM

Me and my friend are finished with the designing stage and are on to the development/beta stage

#5 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 03:44 AM

I've drawn up plans for a trip wire nerf bomb, but not a landmine, I'd think the wieght of your body would crush it if it worked like a normal landmine. Once again, I still think this stuff has little place in a nerf war unless your running a scenerio that fits it. It seems to me once again that you could rig up twenty of these things and there's still no garentee that the bitch will work, or that it will even get a chance to, but either way, if you pull it off, post the plans.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users