Broken Pull-back Lever

How To Fix It?

4 replies to this topic

#1 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:47 PM

Today, I got a Mustang Six. It got great range stock and it was good until I just broke the pull-back lever thing. Epoxy isn't strong enough to hold it together. What wuold you suggest I do? Would glueing a board of wood on the platform where the lever is help? I'll get pics of the broken lever later.
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#2 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:28 PM

Epoxy isn't strong enough? I think there's something wrong with your epoxy. What kind of Epoxy is it? As long as you let it completely cure, it should be plenty strong. You could try PVC cement. Or you could always melt it together. :(

#3 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:31 PM

I think I solved my problem. I epoxied it and put a thick layer of hot glue over it and then put some wood to reinforce it. My only problem: its too thick. It can't pull back now! Oh well... I'll try later. Im kinda frustrated with this at the moment.

Edit- My epoxy is 5 min. epoxy... If it takes 2 days to dry its got something wrong with it.

Edited by NiteWalker, 09 September 2006 - 08:49 PM.

Click here

#4 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:39 PM

There are two suggestions I have. The first is: wait for the epoxy to cure completely. I know you think you're doing this anyways but you're not. Wait at least 24 hours. I'm not kidding. And don't come back here and say you've waited 24 when you've only waited 10 or 12. You might even want to consider waiting 48. Whatever it says on the bottle +1 or 2. Don't lie to yourself, either. You can't get out of waiting. It's a part of life.

The second suggestion I have is going and buying an aluminum rod. Then, drill holes in either end of your pull-back lever and stick the AL rod inside. That will definitely work.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 09 September 2006 - 08:40 PM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#5 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:12 PM

Meh... epoxy didn't work. Instead, I had to resort to making a new pull-back lever. It made it a bit more difficult to cock, but it's fine. I just have to be careful not to cock it the wrong way or it could break my new lever. Here are pics:
Posted Image
Click here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users