Photo

New Mexico Nerf War

If you don't look God will kill a Kitten!

23 replies to this topic

#1 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:34 PM

First off to everyone from Geddon 06 that stayed until a round or two after the lunch break I am that red headed kid with the suitcases of guns. I am good for my word and there will be plenty of talent here next summer.

The war will be at Pioneer Park. It a good park, like the Yano 04 area, but more trees. And we will have more tables and trash cans for extra cover. It has two playplaces and a gondola in the center.

If you can come post here, there are a good amount of people locally, 18-20, and if we don't get rained out it will be an all day affair with some MIL-SIM games (I have some ideas) a dueling round with NH shirts and NFs as prizes.

AUGUST 4, 10:00am
Pioneer Park near Coas Used Bookstore
317 North Main, Las Cruces New Mexico, 88005

That is what I have so far. And no the war will not be in the bookstore, that is just a good meeting place. We will carpool once everyone is over there to the war location. I really would like to see some of the older members here. Anyone welcome, please bring as many working guns as you can, I am providing 18 or so primaries already. They will be taken care of. We can also move to the other location at lunch. They will both be good for any style of game I have thought of. I am also bringing some extra cover, but the trees and jungle gym should be good enough. Any questions would be good. I can't get pictures of the site because I am moving and have packed my camera. Please all are welcome. If you can come please do. I already have some from HQ comin, not just [ lol! im cumin! dis iz sooo 1337!], but phone conversations.

Edited by General Cole, 31 July 2007 - 07:14 PM.

We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#2 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:15 PM

Well, I'm thinking about traveling out to a nerf war next year, either Armageddon, or this one if it turns out to be huge. So i'm interested, and assuming I'm not too busy with college stuff, I'll see what I can do.

#3 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:54 PM

Heya Sam, if your car isn't too full I wouldn't complain about a carpool (nothing official, just throwing it out there).

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 11 September 2006 - 08:55 PM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#4 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:14 PM

Damn this will probably be the closet war to texas drive wise, but el paso from austin is still a hell of a drive.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#5 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:56 PM

As I said before, people are coming from Califronia, and I have no clue where AnyaSeijin is from, so who knows?
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#6 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:11 AM

Did Seijin say he was coming?

Who here from So Cal has said they're coming?

I'd be possibly interested, but I don't really know if I could or not. I'm on a pretty tight budget right now, and I'd have to either hop in the trunk of someone else from around here who'd be going, or I'd have to hop on a train (which I don't know if I could afford...lol).
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#7 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:07 PM

AnyaSeijin, cxwq, and Toj from so cal so far. Groove couldn't make or, or renegade. (darn groove).
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#8 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:50 PM

Any reason there is a sorry next to my name? I am considering going if it gets big enough. I am most likely going to the West Coast for a war this year so this might be it or Armaggedon.. Put me in as a maybe. Chances would go up if I could drive with someone else. That would be one hell of a lonely drive.

#9 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:36 PM

Ryan, he put the sorry there because he didn't know how to spell your name.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#10 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:28 PM

Ryan, he put the sorry there because he didn't know how to spell your name.

Oh, Haha.

#11 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:40 AM

Seijin, Cx, and Toj are all going out there? Wow...

And you can't really be mad at Groove. He flew from Virginia to be at Armageddon. You did know that, right?

I'm still a bit indefinite. It's a long time away, and I'm saving away money to fly to Apoc. next summer, so I'll have to get back to you on this one. I mean, next summer's still a LONG ways away. I don't know how anyone can really commit to something that far in advance.

Edited by Falcon, 13 September 2006 - 12:41 AM.

----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#12 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:03 AM

Thanks Ryan, Falcon, please come! It will be hotter than at Geddon, but 0% humidity. Some of my darts melted in their bag at geddon. CPVC is the best material for smaller stefans, and PEX 1/2 in is the best thing for lager darts.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#13 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:02 PM

Sorry for DP, but this needs to get onto the the new post section. Everyone, I am trying to pick a local because I just learned that my Backup location is practially the same as the primary. How does everyone that might come fight, long range, short range, medium range? I need to know so I can start scouting out a new location for the war incase the first area kind of blows.

90th post! :D

Edited by General Cole, 13 September 2006 - 07:13 PM.

-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#14 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:04 PM

Don't wory so much about the ranges people play at, because most people play a little of all three. Just try to find a place that has lots of varied terrain.

Variety is key to a successful location. You need enough cover close enough together to avoid long-range standoffs, and if the cover is varied (not the same all the time) so much the better.

A mix of trees and buildings is good (especially because around buildings you tend to not lose darts as easily as, say, in a forested area). Also, keep in mind that people will (considering the heat you're saying will be there that day) want some shaded areas throughout the war location to keep from dying of heatstroke.

Lastly, make sure it's big enough to support the size group you think will be attending.

Good luck!
----------||||||||)

#15 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:31 PM

Here is the Park, the color coding is on the picture. As you can see it is pretty open, but there are hills like at the back of Cullen, only bigger, not mongo hills, but big enough to not see someone in the next dip (where there are hills). There is one set of bathrooms, and a food mart nearby. It is a public park, so we will have to flag off a section or something. I'll talk to the mayor, or his daugher or whatever. I think it will be okay though. I also might be able to make it out to next years geddon! Off topic, okay back on, the place is absolutely mongo huge. I had a super soaker war there and it was absolutely great. (not heavy modded super soakers, but what the heck). It was really fun and we used like the whole park without getting anyone tagged that wasn't in the game. I'll have a trailer to go along with it soon. I think the idea of a war out here is better because it is more centerally located. I saw a Nerfer in Arizona, does anyone know who it is? I would like them to come. The nearest airpost is in Texas, but live right on the border, so it doesn't really matter, my mom and an older friend can shuttle people who arrive at the airport. Here is the pic, I have been typing while Photobucket has been uploading. Here she is-
Posted Image
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#16 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:53 PM

Mongo huge... I wants one, precious, I does...

If it's next summer, there's a chance I may be able to go, provided College scheduling won't screw me over.

I'll definately check up on this for when things get more solidified, and hopefully be able to come down as well, but as of now, no guarentees.
Holder of the original Split-Tech 2k

"Headband" - as so named by OMC
"That One Guy in the Pineapple Shirt" -So aptly named by Baghead

#17 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:12 PM

The entire war will actually be based on collage schedules, I have to schedule the date starting with Toj's open days.

100th post!

EDIT- The place is very big, I think that we may have too much open space. Those picnic tables in the yellow boxes are 6 man tables. I think that we can flag off a section and use that as our play area, I would very much like it to involve the bridge in the upper right hand corner. You can walk around the bridge, or thorough it, tactically if that was a mid sections that would be really awsome to have.

Edited by General Cole, 14 September 2006 - 05:53 PM.

-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#18 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:05 AM

I hope it is okay to bump this after all it is my topic and all. I found another locatin, more trees, really nice, but the current attendance without people from the NIC is around 25-30. I am not counting anyone that I PMd earlier, but there are more details now.

AUGUST 4, 10:00am
Coas Used Bookstore
317 North Main, Las Cruces New Mexico, 88005

That is what I have so far. And no the war will not be in the bookstore, that is just a good meeting place. We will carpool once everyone is over there to the war location. I really would like to see some of the older members here. Anyone welcome, please bring as many working guns as you can, I am providing 18 or so primaries already. They will be taken care of. We can also move to the other location at lunch. They will both be good for any style of game I have thought of. I am also bringing some extra cover, but the trees and jungle gym should be good enough. Any questions would be good. I can't get pictures of the site because I am moving and have packed my camera. Please all are welcome.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#19 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:51 PM

Umm, hate to be the bringer of bad news, but that's the weekend of Apocalypse. The DAY of Apoc, actually. Not many of us'll be available.
----------||||||||)

#20 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:52 PM

Yeah, but those are east coasties, right? I don't keep up with many wars now.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#21 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:48 AM

Yeah, but a few of us here are going out too, and there aren't many others in your area. All the same, 25~ish locals sounds like a good group! Have fun!
----------||||||||)

#22 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:50 AM

No Falcon . NOOOOO! I wanted to settle the score where I shot you in the foot. I will probably have some wars during breaks of school. It still looks to be a good number. But no ridiculus amount of turrets on guns that day will make me cry... Oh well. See you at LCANO 2.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#23 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 11:50 AM

Okay, one last bump. I NEED to know if anyone from here is coming. Just PM me if you are. Becaue then I will need to alter the place and such. And I am NOT able to pick up anyone that is flying in. If you want to ship your guns I may be able to recieve and hold them for you.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#24 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:07 PM

Last Bump, we got 18 people comin including some people from the HQ. Which is now down, but I'm not complaining. And I NEED to know if anyone is coming. Because I would need to break out the second half of my arsenal if anyone else is coming. Thanks.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users