Nf Problems

please help

6 replies to this topic

#1 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:55 AM

My nite findr has been acting weird latly. I'll cock it and then pull the trigger and nothing will happen. But then it just goes off for no reason sometimes. Does anyone know what my problem is or how to fix it? Thanks.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

Behold. Helping Bunny on his way, one signiture at a time.

#2 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:36 AM

My nite findr has been acting weird latly. I'll cock it and then pull the trigger and nothing will happen. But then it just goes off for no reason sometimes. Does anyone know what my problem is or how to fix it? Thanks.

Try opining it and seeing what’s wrong with it and if your not shore take pictures and show us so that we can help.

#3 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:25 AM

Sounds like your trigger/catch mechanism is broken or missing a piece. Open it up and take a picture, and I might be able to help you.
"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

#4 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:50 AM

I've already opened it. It seems like the thing that catches on the plunger itself is rounded so it slips off. I left the screws out of the back part right by the cock. It works fine now. ....Wow that didn't sound right.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

#5 forest sharpshooter

forest sharpshooter

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:19 PM

Ok,well,I saw that in a differnt thread you wanted to put a silencer on this gun.Did you drill holes in your barrel too far down?Because if you did you could be losing all your air flow.If not then you should open it up and check out the trigger system and make sure anything isnt broke.
"One who knows nothing,can understand nothing"

><~NERF~><

#6 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:35 PM

I havn't even made the silencer yet. I fixed the problem by not screwing in the back screws. No idea how this fixed it.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

#7 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:12 PM

I'm assuming by not screwing it, you allowed the catch mechanism to function somehow.

If the problem persists, fool around with the catch for a while. If it's rounded, see what you can do with it to make it stay.

Edited by LordoftheRing434, 11 September 2006 - 02:12 PM.

And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users