Attaching Guns

to other guns........

21 replies to this topic

#1 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:18 AM

So yesterday I was nerfing and I was useing my breech modded LBB. My friend rushed me after I missed the shot. I didn't have a sidearm because I don't like to carry guns in my pocket as they always fall out. So yesterday I decided to attach another gun to my LBB so that I had some defence when being rushed. I also wanted to use the gun seperate if I didn't want to carry the LBB around. And then I had an idea...

Posted Image

First thing I did was cut a coupler in half and stuck it onto my main gun. I put lots of glue on so it wouldn't come of when I pullet the other gun out. You'll see in a minute what I'm talking about. You don't have to cut the coupler in half if your feeling lazy.

Posted Image

Then I took the gun I wanted to attach (I chose my cut down NF) and glued on about 1 1/2 or 2 inches of cpvc to the top of it. If your using a PVC coupler you need PVC on the top of your gun.

Now I can attach my NF to my LBB and I can take it off if i want to soemwhat duel weild them. So I have two shots on this gun now. THe NF has a faster ROF than the LBB so GEtting rushed shouldn't be to hard to overcome. You can do this with any gun that you want. Some of you will probably ask why I didn't clip mod my LBB. I didn't do that because I'm a terrable modder and I don't have the right tools for it. Pobably gonna get burned for this post but oh well. Sorry about some of the spelling mistakes...tired. So it's basicly like how different guns can attach to the Titan.

Posted Image

Side of it

Posted Image

Top of it

Edited by Nerfnewbie, 04 September 2006 - 09:23 AM.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

Behold. Helping Bunny on his way, one signiture at a time.

#2 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:39 AM

So -- this doesn't really pertain to your mod -- but why did you cut the handle off your NF? Do you have really small hands or something?

Otherwise... Iono. It's a good concept, but at the same time a brutal way of completion. You never mentioned why you cut the coupler in half.

If you want, I'm sure I or anybody else around here could make you a holster -- because you're right, pockets tend to suck.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#3 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:53 AM

Don't like holsters. Tried them. I'm usualy fine with one gun, just this one took a few extra seconds to prime so I did this. I cut the coupler in half so the NF wouldn't be sticking out so far. I wanted to keep it as close to the gun as I could so the aim wouldn't be too far off of the LBB's aim. The handles gone because it wouldnt shoot and I had it as a duel NF with that being the bottom gun and I just decided to do this with it after I fixed it. But ys I do have hery small hands. I can handle it just fine like that. Hope I answerd all your questions, and thanks for the compliment.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

#4 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:12 PM

How can you not like holsters? I can understand if you didn't like a certain kind or one that wasn't well-made -- but honestly, there's drop-thigh, crossdraw, backbelt, under shoulder, over shoulder... have you tried them all? I'm not dissing your idea, I'm just saying that with extensive use, the coupler could lose its grip or fall off, the NF might start getting in the way... etcetera, etcetera. Curiously, what don't you like about holsters?

A suggestion: if the NF is too far out, then you can always cut the CPVC sticking out of it instead of the coupler.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 04 September 2006 - 12:13 PM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:15 PM

If you were able to cut down the length of the PVC ypu are using it would make the overall appearance smaller. Try and cut the PVC down so that when the gun is in the coupler there is barely any PVC showing. just hot glue.

Then see if you can relocate the pvc on the nitefinder from the top to the side. This will make it closer to the gun.
It will also make it upright. Also make it more streamline with the gun. And now you would be able to use the top rail of the NF if you see fit to throw a crossfire on top there as well.

My two cents.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#6 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:06 PM

I like the idea of a removable integration, especially for a bigger gun like a LBB...but I'm not sure about your attachment method. It looks like you used hot glue to get your coupler on there - and considering the lever action of your NF sticking off to the side - I wouldn't place good odds on it staying put in a run.

Anyway, that's just my take on it. Let us know if it gets battle tested.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#7 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:25 PM

The only holster I've honestly tried was a duct tape made one. So I was wrong to say I don't like holsyers. And I didn't cut the PVC because I did that on my last atempt of this and the gun fell of the PVC while it was attached onto the coupler (it wasn't attached very well.) and I couldn't get it back out. So half a coupler gone. I made it longer so that I could get it out if that happened again. I glued the gun on the way I did Forsaken_angel24, so that when I ran witht he gun, I could hold the handle in so that the gun wouldn't fall off when I was running. Okay, any more questions, comments?
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

#8 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:36 PM

I would use an L-shaped coupler on the gun so to remove the NF you pull toward you. I would also lay the PVC ontop of the accessory railwith a dowl holding the PVC up off the rail. Then you would have a horrible sight too. :blink:
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#9 Yakuza

Yakuza

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:36 PM

Now all you need to do is put a BF on it (or any other semiauto) and you'll have a
ghetto N-strike. :blink:

Edited by Yakuza, 04 September 2006 - 04:37 PM.

QUOTE(Pineapple @ Oct 21 2006, 12:16 PM) View Post

When you really think about it, this forum is still pretty darn tootin' good. It's like any family; we have a mix of brains, 'tards, jocks, geeks, hos, burners, waistoids, dickheads.

-Piney-

#10 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:44 PM

General Cole, I explained why I didn't want to put the gun on verticaly. I never liked the N-strike. No good came out from the guns that were in that set for me.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

#11 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:46 PM

Posted Image - That is what I am talking about.
Green- Dowel
Red- Handle
Black- Gun
Yellow- Coupler
Blue- PVC

Looking at it from underneath.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#12 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:49 PM

Oh, okay. I'm sorry. But I dont have any dowl.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

#13 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:56 PM

Look at Wal-mart, near the foam craft sheets.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#14 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:14 PM

I like Cole's idea.

Nerfnewbie- I'd cut down the PVC a bit and then your idea is good too.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#15 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:42 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I much prefer having a gun seperate. What if you just want to take your NF somewhere? I would rather have a holster.

But that's just me.

#16 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:26 PM

God also made Velcro for a reason.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#17 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:28 PM

Well, I find it kind of ironic that you glued the attachment system on OVER the built in attachment rail.

The best option in general would be to take the green part out of a CF slide (rail clip), and attach that to your LBB.

Given that you already hacked off the bottom of the NF handle so as to attach it to the bottom of another handle, though, I think you should definitely just integrate it into your LBB in the same way. That is, glue it to the bottom of the LBB handle so you can fire with your pinky.

While you're at it, you might as well put on another removeable NF where you have yours now. It's a good location too.

If you want another shot, carry another NF in a holster.

About your current system:

1) What's keeping the NF from getting tilted up or down?

2) If you do stay with this system, I'd recommend keeping the cpvc coupling, but using 1/2" PEX instead of 1/2" CPVC. It's a hair thinner, and a bit less grippy. It would still be a firm, strong fit, but much easier to pull out.

And, finally, a question:

Wouldn't it be better to have an even higher-ROF blaster on there? I'm thinking maybe a Mustang Six with a pivot mount on the cocking handle, so you could speed-fire with one hand.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#18 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:32 PM

You could also just put a Quadded 2K on there, that would give you range and speed.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#19 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:49 PM

Posted Image

Added at2k.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

#20 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:10 PM

Hmmmm.... that looks extremely bulky and uncomfortable. Maybe you could've put it on the bottomm like the Hornet to decrease a bit of bulkiness. Oh, and why do you have duct tape on your NF? I would just put hotglue. I will put up pics of my TTG attached to my BBB later. I made the cpvc on the gun short, so you can see why it adds much less bulk to the gun.
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#21 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:47 PM

Wow. . .

That can't be easy to carry around.

Or practical, for that matter.

#22 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:27 AM

I removed the AT2K. To hard to get off. The NF is no problem on it though. I have duct tape on it just to reinforce the glue from all the use of it.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users