Photo

We Need A Longshot Write-up

8 replies to this topic

#1 Capt Spaceface

Capt Spaceface

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:39 PM

:( I know that I may be a noob, but I think that all of us on the NIC (with longshots atleast) would benifit from a good longshot write-up (including barrel replacement, spring replacements, etc.). So, would anyone with the time and skills capable enough of making a longshot write-up please make one?

#2 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:50 PM

After much back breaking labor, I present to you this.
Come on man, look around.

#3 Capt Spaceface

Capt Spaceface

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:03 PM

After much back breaking labor, I present to you this.
Come on man, look around.

I did search for "Long" "Shot", Longshot" and "LS" in modifications before I posted this. That isn't a very good *complete* write-up. Yes, it says how to replace the spring and take out the AR, but Carrtoon (no offense to him) didn't say anything on how he replaced to barrel, what the barrel is, or anything else besides the spring and AR.

#4 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:28 PM

Well, you didn't need to search, you needed to look at the front page of the Mods section.
Here look at this page, specifically post #80 and #90. It does a fairly good job of telling you how to do a barrel mod.

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:48 PM

Actually Carrtoon explained that that barrel was a type of plastic made for packaging a bit he bought. That's basically PETG.

He also explained where to put it with pictures of the internal assembly with the barrel in place, and explained clearly how to replace the spring and remove the restrictor. What more do you want?
SexD Warves

#6 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:52 PM

I think he means a writeup un the modding section. I Also agree that there are no new mod writeups in this section. I know there is a mod directory, but most dont know how to find it.
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:10 PM

Everything that's finished is in the Modification Directory: http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7150
No need to search or make a new thread. Just quit ignoring the stickies.
My response in Carrtoon's thread shows the internals and how they work as well as an image labelling all of the parts.
http://nerfhaven.com...ic=7002&st=150#

Edited by CaptainSlug, 09 September 2006 - 03:22 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:10 PM

If it's hard for someone to find a pinned thread and to read the code of conduct and front-page announcements, they shouldn't be here in the first place. There are also not many new mods in the Mod section because cx has been very busy and I believe he's the only one who can add new mods, being the webmaster.

For anyone that hasn't seen it: the Mod Writeup Directory. (EDIT: CaptainSlug's link is the same, he posted a minute before me.)

There will probably be even more clear, step-by-step writeups in the future, and I can understand your apprehension about trying to mod a $30 gun, but for right now Carrtoon's LS mod is the only source for a clear writeup. If you open the gun and compare the internals to the pictures, you should have no trouble following the mod. I didn't. So, I say open it, and DEFINITELY take some pictures of the internals before you start tearing anything out, and just get to it! Open the plunger tube, drill out the + and take out the restrictor. And if you want to fire Stefans, take out the post at the back of the barrel. The pictures should help in case you screw anything up putting it back or can't figure it out. I took some pictures when I modded it. All I did was Carrtoon's mod, but I also took out the post to fire Stefans and cut the 3B spring down a little bit so it's easier to cock (and so that the catch mech can actually work and hopefully won't blow out).

Good luck!

Edited by NerfMonkey, 09 September 2006 - 03:11 PM.

SexD Warves

#9 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:28 PM

I've opened mine up more than any other gun I own. I now know the internals of the LS better then the back of my hand.

And Captain Slug's labeled diagram was of great assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users