this worked wonders for me

6 replies to this topic

#1 Arcanum

Arcanum

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:02 PM

Posted Image

This should eliminate all magazine problems without having to cut down the spring.

Hence, you will have a stronger weapon (granted it will be harder to cock) and your clip will slide in and out as smooth as ever.
Universtiy of Illinois Fighting Illini

#2 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:25 PM

If you put enverything back together right you should not need to do that to your clip, but that is a great idea to fall back on if your gun still won't take the clip... Good job.

Meiser :ph34r:
Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#3 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:36 PM

What did you use to make the cut, a dremel? I might do this because my magazines are refusing to fit in the gun...

#4 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:40 PM

I had to do something similar to mine. The Maxshot spring pushed the plunger too far forward and was hitting the clip.
I hate you.

#5 Arcanum

Arcanum

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:42 PM

Don't own a dremel :ph34r:

So I just hack sawed it very carefully.

Dremel should work fine.
Universtiy of Illinois Fighting Illini

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:53 PM

If you put enverything back together right you should not need to do that to your clip, but that is a great idea to fall back on if your gun still won't take the clip... Good job.

Meiser :ph34r:

I have this problem right now and everything's back in just as it was stock, minus the restrictor. The new spring fucks up the loading somehow and you have to shove the clip in hard at the right angle so it will fit in. I can post a video if you want.
SexD Warves

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:12 PM

I only had to sand down the rear of a clip a tiny bit, but then again I did choose a spring that has a compressed length similar to the stock spring.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users