Streamline Dart Refills Are On Their Way

I got an email from hasbro that Streamline darts are shipping

15 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Nathaniel

Sir Nathaniel

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:12 PM

I emailed hasbro about streamline dart refills and cartriges for the LS and MS and they replied, here is what I got:

"Recently you submitted a question to our Consumer Affairs team. Below is a summary of your question and our response.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

If your issue remains unresolved, please update this question here.

Subject
Cartriges for Longshot and Magstrike, Streamline dart refills

Discussion Thread
Response (Veronica) 09/06/2006 03:33 PM

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. We appreciate your interest in our company and products!

The Streamline Darts have just recently begun shipping to retail stores. Please keep in mind that depending on time of year, retailer distribution systems, store inventory and sales patterns, it may take from several weeks up to several months for some products to show up on store shelves!

Many Hasbro products can be purchased online at www.hasbrotoyshop.com. All current Hasbro products are also carried by Toys R Us (http://www.toysrus.com). Our products can also be found at your local Wal-Mart (http://www.wal-mart.com), Kmart (http://www.kmart.com), Target (http://www.target.com), Kay-Bee (http://www.kbtoys.com), as well as other toy and mass merchandise retailers. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee product availability at any one store.

Unfortunately, the darts for the Nerf Magstrike are not yet available. Please check back with us at a later date for availability of these darts.

Again, thank you for your interest."

Now, what about the cartriges? The question is, were they referring to the cartriges at all? they never mentioned them, but they said "the darts for the Nerf Magstrike are not yet available"<--WTF? They can't possibly mean the tagger darts because they've only been out for over a frikin year, so they must mean the cartriges. If so, then this must mean that along with streamline darts, the LS cartriges are on their way too (Let's hope that's the case)

Edited by Sir Nathaniel, 06 September 2006 - 10:02 PM.

#2 Fredfred

Fredfred

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:06 PM

Nobody will give you the right answer if you ask the wrong questions. When you say "cartridges" you mean clips, or magazines. I don't think that they knew what you were talking about.

Edit: Rethinking this, I think that they thought you meant "dart" when you said "cartridge", as many people do call nerf darts "bullets".

Edited by Fredfred, 06 September 2006 - 05:16 PM.

You got the pronunciation right, but it's spelt UZI, an Israilie sud machine gun.

#3 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:46 PM

The MagStrike uses cut down taggers, right? I wouldn't know because I don't have one, but I though I heard that somewhere.

#4 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:06 PM

Which, as Fredfred said, it makes really, REALLY good sense to read up the boards and begin to understand the terminology regarding the Hasbro NERF lineup of toy blasters.

1) Cartridges...first off, you spelled it wrong. Remember that in a business-oriented context, once you begin to miss the spelling, the powers that be generally write you off as a 6-year old kid pounding the table demanding more toys. So, spell it right, put it on MS Word and spell check it, anything to make sure it looks legible so you don't look like a dum dum.

Now you all know why we're so anal about spelling things correctly here in these parts of the internet.

Secondly, what do the enclosed instructions for the Longshot refer to the loading devices as? Clips? Magazines? Cartridges? You have to check your instructions and use the correct terminology as the instruction sheet calls them. Anyone out there to enlighten me about what they're called? (I don't have either blaster yet).

Remember that these Customer Service types deal with a plethora of toy line-ups ranging from My Little Pony to NERF to Ninja Turtles to God-knows-how-many other things. They are not gun experts, neither do they play video games with guns in them, so they wouldn't know what you're talking about outside of the basic references in the instruction sheet/ order forms.

The Streamline Darts have just recently begun shipping to retail stores. Please keep in mind that depending on time of year, retailer distribution systems, store inventory and sales patterns, it may take from several weeks up to several months for some products to show up on store shelves!

Okay, if you need interpretation, it basically says "WAIT". When it's out, it's out. E-mailing them won't make them crank them out any faster than just sitting back and being patient.

I have to thank you for not identifying yourself in any way shape or form with NerfHaven. Here we have three amigos who basically take care of those things for us (One Man Clan, Groove, Talio). They'd probably be pretty upset if you made yourself out as represent of us here at NH.

Sit back and be patient. And don't lose your darts or "cartridges".

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#5 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:44 PM

On the LS box it calls the magazines "Quick-reload clips"
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#6 Sir Nathaniel

Sir Nathaniel

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:53 PM

I'm sure I do recall reading it as cartridges in the instructions, but I could be wrong. I cannot find the instrucions at the moment. But a person would have to have an I.Q. of a damn cactus to confuse "dart" with "cartridge". Sorry I misspelled "cartridge", that was such a terrible sin, I am going to go now and beg God's forgiveness for my terrible offense.

Edited by Sir Nathaniel, 06 September 2006 - 10:03 PM.

#7 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:07 PM

Could someone post a link to the parts replacement list on Hasbro.com? I cant seem to find it.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#8 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:00 PM

I feel helpful today, so here you Go.

Meiser--- :ph34r:
Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#9 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:47 PM

Sorry I misspelled "cartridge", that was such a terrible sin, I am going to go now and beg God's forgiveness for my terrible offense.

Shut up.

If you misspell something that simple, had those people you wrote to found out you are a part of the NIC, they would think we're all dumbasses. You don't understand how lucky we are to have people who are INVITED to go to Hasbro HQ and learn about new guns 6 MONTHS before they come out and then can even tell US about them.

There's also chiefthe (and probably some unregistered readers) who is a Nerf engineer and is kind enough to answer questions for us about new guns and on one occasion I remember even gave us pictures of the Mav before it hit shelves.

So don't be such a little bitch when someone with authority tells you something, remember: if someone gets the wrong impression from YOU, they will think the whole NIC is just like you, and that's definitely NOT something we want.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 07 September 2006 - 02:48 PM.

SexD Warves

#10 Sir Nathaniel

Sir Nathaniel

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:00 PM

Sorry I misspelled "cartridge", that was such a terrible sin, I am going to go now and beg God's forgiveness for my terrible offense.

Shut up.

If you misspell something that simple, had those people you wrote to found out you are a part of the NIC, they would think we're all dumbasses. You don't understand how lucky we are to have people who are INVITED to go to Hasbro HQ and learn about new guns 6 MONTHS before they come out and then can even tell US about them.

There's also chiefthe (and probably some unregistered readers) who is a Nerf engineer and is kind enough to answer questions for us about new guns and on one occasion I remember even gave us pictures of the Mav before it hit shelves.

So don't be such a little bitch when someone with authority tells you something, remember: if someone gets the wrong impression from YOU, they will think the whole NIC is just like you, and that's definitely NOT something we want.

My point in that post was that we are all human, we all make mistakes, we don't need to bash each other over every little thing. "If you misspell something that simple, had those people you wrote to found out you are a part of the NIC, they would think we're all dumbasses", that is untrue, even professionals make little mistakes like that once in a while. Do they get bashed for it, or seen as a moron? No. You can find typos and just plain flat out minor spelling mistakes in magazines, brochures, newspapers etc.-it happens. He could have told me flat out instead of bashing me about it. From now on, I will use word processor to make sure I didn't miss anything. I am sorry I pissed you off, I just wanted to make my point clear that we're not all perfect, so let's be a little more civil about how we correct each other.

I am sorry I got bitchy about it, but when I get bashed, I will defend myself. Though in this case, perhaps He wasn't actually bashing me over it, but it sure as hell seemed like it, so I bit back.

I don't think we need this discussion to continue, let's just get over it and move on.

#11 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:44 PM

:blink: you can buy Supermaxx darts with that thing....
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#12 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:54 PM

I am sorry I got bitchy about it, but when I get bashed, I will defend myself. Though in this case, perhaps He wasn't actually bashing me over it, but it sure as hell seemed like it, so I bit back.

When you get bashed by a moderator, you don't bite back. You say, "Yes my all-powerful ass-kicking overlord" and shut up.

Piney wasn't bashing you very much anyway, and NerfMonkey didn't even really bash you.

Edited by AssassinNF, 07 September 2006 - 05:56 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#13 Sir Nathaniel

Sir Nathaniel

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:57 PM

When you get bashed by a moderator, you don't bite back. You say, "Yes my all-powerful ass-kicking overlord" and shut up.

Piney wasn't bashing you very much anyway, and besides, he was right. NerfMonkey didn't even really bash you.

Agreed, and as I said, I don't think we need to discuss it any further.

#14 Fredfred

Fredfred

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:34 PM

A bit off-topic, but there was a preview of the mav in the N-strike DVD.
You got the pronunciation right, but it's spelt UZI, an Israilie sud machine gun.

#15 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:22 PM

Have you ever seen a PROTOTYPE mav though? My guess is no, when chiefthe posted the mav it wasn't even the mav thats on shelves, it was a prototype mav and it was a shock to us all.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#16 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:33 PM

I'm sure I do recall reading it as cartridges in the instructions,

It says that they are clips on the front of the box.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users