Magstrike Problem

What went wrong?

17 replies to this topic

#1 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:19 PM

Ok, so I did a slightly different version of Forsaken Angels Magstrike mod. Instead of putting a clamp and PVC plug on the bladder, I just took out the overpressure release valve and hotglued the hole. Now, when I pull the trigger the clip advances a tiny bit then releases air. Then all trigger pulls after that just release air. But I noticed that when I push on that green wheel (The green wheel is in the place where the mag goes, for anyone who doesnt know) the gun will fire just fine. Please help me! I have no idea what I did wrong!

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:47 AM

When the wheel is pushed in the saftey is off. When there is no mag in the gun it will not fire because the safety is on. Put a clip in your gun and it should fire. If the clip is not advancing all the way and you just hear a hissing sound when you pull the trigger then it sounds like your magstrike had the same problem as mine. After hours of frustration I leaned that there is a leak/tear/hole in the rubber peice inside the piston assembly.

If you have a similar problem like this thread than you should return it because it is a manufacturing problem.
This is the problem I had.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#3 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:50 AM

Hmmm... Well that kind of sucks...
If I plug those holes will it stop the leaking? Did you have that problem after you modded it? Because mine worked fine until I started with the mod. I opened up the gun, touched a couple of things, and now it fires, but only if I move the mag up into the right spot.

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:01 AM

Plugging the holes will make the gun worse.

I didn't even mod anything really and the gun started screwing up. Sometimes if I hit the gun gently on a table it would work again for a few brief moments. This means the gun is garbage. Is your Magazine loose? Does it slide down if you shake the gun a bit. You may need to do the tape part of my mod.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#5 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:08 AM

Ok, I thought so... My magazine is actually pretty tight. I can shake all I want and it won't go anywhere. I am going to try the tape mod, once I can find the electrical tape...

#6 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:29 AM

Taping your clip is not going to fix your problem. It sounds like you put something in incorrectly. Or the gun is garbage like the first one I picked up. Try messing around with the internals and checking the 2 or 3 magstrike internal pics floating around this forum to see if everything is in its proper spot.

That green wheel is the safety feature. It means the gun shouldnt fire unless the clip is in it. Try removing the saftey feature completely. This might solve your problem and is worth a shot because your safety mechanism might be deformed or something.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#7 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:35 PM

I got it fixed. After messing around with it for at least an hour, I figured out that the little green thing that advances the clip was angled wrong. I had to push on it a little bit, and I moved it around, and now it works.

How can I increase range on it now? I'm only getting like 30 ft. with it. I've plugged the overpressure release valve with hotglue, and I put hotglue over that little hole near the top of the gun. Will I have to cut out those sqaure plastic things so the bladder can expand more?

Edited by Retiate, 10 September 2006 - 01:37 PM.

#8 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:06 PM

I got it fixed. After messing around with it for at least an hour, I figured out that the little green thing that advances the clip was angled wrong. I had to push on it a little bit, and I moved it around, and now it works.

How can I increase range on it now? I'm only getting like 30 ft. with it. I've plugged the overpressure release valve with hotglue, and I put hotglue over that little hole near the top of the gun. Will I have to cut out those sqaure plastic things so the bladder can expand more?

Do that and band it. Just like in my mod. I beleive this part is on page two. Stay tuned to that thread because I have recently done alot more work on the Magstrike and the thing is godly now. I will post that some time this week.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#9 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:58 PM

Ok, I'll try banding it. How many bands should I put on it? Also, I've seen something where you put balloons over the bladder in Supersoaker guns, does this work better than bands?

#10 Apollo256

Apollo256

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:32 PM

hey Retiate I had that same problem, but did you angle it up or down?
Monkies learn sign-language so they can tell dolphins they love them.

A horse is a horse of course of course, unless it is a zebra. What the hell is a zebra anyways?

#11 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:20 PM

I messed with it a whole lot. I pushed it out more (so you'd be pulling it away from the shell of the gun) and it pushed it up a little. I did all this really gently because I didn't want to mess it up even more. Then I wrapped that green thing in electrical tape so it was fatter, though I don't think this helped because I think it slipped off, but it's worth a try. And I put some more E-tape where the green thing meets the white shaft its connected to, so it was raised up more. This is kind of hard to explain, and I'll try and get some pictures up soon.

#12 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:08 AM

Place as many bands as you like. I covered about half of my bladder with bands. Most people prefer to cover the whole thing.

On a side note my Magstrike is now giving me the same bullshit as yours was. First it was only one clip that was being retarded now it is all of them. Pull the trigger when then clip is in the gun the clip might advance might not.
Keep holding the trigger and air escapes. But if you pull the clip out and push the green button in. It seems to fire fine. I have opened it up and closed it about 4 times now trying to fix this problem.

Man this thing is touchy. I took out the piston, then put it back and now it works fine. The transparent hose was popping out before and now it is snug under the back of the piston. Other than that everything else was in place. Its working again.

More work has been done to the Magstrike and more ideas have come as well.
Further mods for Magstrike coming soon.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 14 September 2006 - 10:27 PM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#13 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 05:53 PM

Alright, I have an official fix for that problem, I think. Take off that green plate, so you can get to the thing that advances clips. Slide the little green thing towards you, it should move. Then screw the plate back on. That should work.
I'd probably test it without screwing the gun together so if it doesn't work you don't have take out around 20 screws...

#14 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:06 PM

Don't fire it without the case put back together, just tape the case shut and fire it.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#15 nerffreak7

nerffreak7

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:33 PM

Alright, I have an official fix for that problem, I think. Take off that green plate, so you can get to the thing that advances clips. Slide the little green thing towards you, it should move. Then screw the plate back on. That should work.
I'd probably test it without screwing the gun together so if it doesn't work you don't have take out around 20 screws...

ya i have that same problem so i really need to see the pics i have a ironman magstrike but the internals are no different
A broken gun is just alot of parts for a new one

#16 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:39 PM

Date of reply before yours: Sep 15 2006, 06:06 PM

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#17 AlaskaRecon

AlaskaRecon

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

ya i have that same problem so i really need to see the pics i have a ironman magstrike but the internals are no different

OK. First, I would like to point out that this is only my second post, however... I know a noob that will get himself banned faster than he can say I'm a noob. So... look up the code of conduct before you so desperately try to post your first, and last post LOOK AT THE DATE RETARD! :P

Edited by AlaskaRecon, 05 April 2008 - 02:25 PM.

"How did he get hit with friendly fire?"
"His throat, ran into my knife"

OH go and Nerf with you Neopet!
Why dont yo... why did you have to bring that up?

#18 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:33 PM

The code of conduct also states

No pointless flames.

Your post was not particularly warranted.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 05 April 2008 - 02:34 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users