Photo

Perfered Nerf Guns And Combat Styles

Take two!

31 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you nerf? (124 member(s) have cast votes)

What type of nerf gun do you like using the MOST?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What do like to do MOST in a nerf war (or what do you think you can do BEST)?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Finally, how close do you try to keep your opponents in a nerf war?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:09 PM

Another fun pole thing we can all enjoy. ^_^ What do you nerf with and how do you nerf?
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#2 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:46 PM

I take no prisoners and Nerf agressively. I make sure that each and every one of my opponents has me on their tail at least once during a war. It makes things interesting for them, but ultimately for me.

As far as blasters go, I use a medium-distance/ROF average gun. Usually an SM1500, Blastfire, or PC.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#3 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:48 PM

Because I live in Fl., I am rarely in a Nerf War. But when I am able to go to one, or host one, it is usually a small affair. My weapons choices vary as to whether I am indoors or outdoors, so I will start with that. When I am inside, I will usually use my RF20 or my PC as a primary and carry a Maverick or Nightfinder as a back-up. When I am outdoors, I tend to stick to a decent long-range weapon like a 3B or a soon to be Longshot. And my secondary will be a PC with a Nightfinder as a last resort gun.
When it comes to my playing style I like to be as stealthy as possible, and therefore I am usually all over the place and because of that I am able to set lots of ambushes up. I will also pull phycological ambushes on people like getting them into a small area then blasting heavy death metal music while me and others pick them off at a distance, this works very well in night wars. But basically, that is how I roll in a nerf-war.

Meiser--- ^_^
Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#4 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:34 PM

I'll soon have 2 splitfires, so I will soon be using 2. As of now, splitfire with xbow/at2k ubs/at3k is working great. I'll also take my wildfire if we ever have a big enough war for it to be effective and not a waste of darts.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#5 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:56 AM

I usually dual weild pistols, though I can kinda of dual weild anything short of a BBB. I used to use a DTB and an At2k, which worked really well. I resently resurected my BLingtech2k, so I'm using it now. (its even better now, looks about 125 feet range angled, I'm going to bring a tape measure next game.) Right now I use two SS1's and a mav. I usually am the guy who kinda either keeps the other team at bay for our long range guys, or the rusher. I am agile considering how big I am, so that kinda helps.

#6 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:58 AM

For me, it really depends on how many people are playing. Our clan is generally very busy so we're usually doing 2v2, 2v3 or 3v3, in the case where I'm on a team of 2 or my own team I'll use a DTG because of the rate of fire and because it gives me some independance. And, of course... my NF as a secondary.

Once the battles get larger -- either the whole clan is there, or a war with other clans -- I'll stick to sharpshooting suppressive fire: when my other members run out of ammo, I get to point my gun at the other team so they don't get rushed. Of course, this can get boring after a while, so often I'll drop my main and run around NF'ing everybody until I get hurt.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#7 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:50 PM

Since my Crossbow got thrown out I've been useing two old style NF's and I ussaly just try and dodge and shoot. It works pretty well I guess.

#8 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:45 PM

I like to use a DTG bcause at Geddon the heat totally messed up my X-bow. Other than that I use an X-bow and about 3 NF's in pockets. Once I get my Magstrike done, I will have a Magstrike in my hands an X-bow on my back and NF's in my pockets. I even prefer my X-bow over my LS because my x-bow has a clip that is less complicated and easier to make than a LS clip. It shoots farther too.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#9 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:28 AM

Cool. I'm a guy that uses quick attack guns. I run in, launch something big atcha, and run out.

I really like the Hornet because of its semi-auto capability and the Titan because I love launching the big missle at someone. I also significantly improved its range too :)
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#10 Sir Nathaniel

Sir Nathaniel

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:45 PM

I like losing with my modded longshot as primary, hell, I even rush people with it because darts fly so damn fast out of it that they're hard to dodge at close range. I carry 2 modded nitefinders as secondary. I generally try to take out people who have automatics first.

#11 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:52 PM

HM, a Titan is fun too...
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#12 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:39 PM

I said other for the first 2, mainly because I use 2 or more of the answers as a combat style.

For question one, I like a well rounded gun (I like a range of ranges from 80 and up). A high ROF gun (preferably a couple modded CPVC or brass (that is still couplered) old style 1500 (with an extra 2k taped to it...its my primary after all...need some back up fire)). Yet I like single shot rifles too...they are just...my lost comfortable weapons.

A list of options and their reasons:

Well rounded:
Quad 2k- decent range, high ROF, and its a pretty comfy gun with a stock or something on it
Singled 2k- I happen to through this one in there, buecause I breech moded my most realiable 2k, thus I get shots off good with it, while having that 90 to 100 foot range in a singled 2k...see above for comfy stock like add-on.
Singled xbow- Don't have one...yet...but when it's available to me, I wil lmsot likely take it. I just love the xbow. I can eplain a LOT more in for the second question with the suppressive fire...it just happens. This gun has the range, ROF with a coupler, and its a rifle with a stock on it...what's more comfy than that?

High ranged:
Pretty much any single barreled low pump gun...ie, singled 2k, crossbow, sm1k, even a well modded sneak shot can be bad ass for me.

Question two:

I am good person to supress fire with, yet I LOVE sneaking (this time, yes...uber n00bing it and s.niping) or ambushing enemies.

I can and have held 2 or 3 eneimies off with a crossbow (that is with a teammate waiting if they decide to rush me). I have done well with my old style 1500 as well. I have even rushed with it, yet I just not that agile once I do ahppen to get my flat feet to move me.

The ambushing thing...You may call it camping, but I will go to one safe place with a teammate holding off the enemies in front of us, and he will retreat to me while I nail them as they rush after him. It works, it's a good rush of excitement for the enemy to see me pop up over some rocks and nail at least half of them and send one guy in a dodge that lands him on his butt. To tell you the truth I can remember being thanked for a good assassination round for causing one guy to jump while running, and completing a 9/10 role into a dual weilded NF shot (only 9 because he missed me, and I happened to have one shot left in my 1500).

I would then play a little on the other side and give the rest more of a chance and run around a little bit. Kind of a run, hit the ground, shoot, relprime, reload if there is time, and hit the ground after running some distance again...I call it sprint advanement rushing. You are sprinting to a spot to fall to the ground, and you are advancing and rushing at the same time. I call it an advance if I take people out and they don't retreat back more, but I call it a rush if they retreat...then I just hunt them down like a fat ungly, slobbering bear.

Hope I gave some ideas for the take 3 of this type of topic for styles of play.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#13 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:07 PM

Hm, if it is working I would take my X-bow. It expanded at Geddon so it got used once. But I think I fixed that problem with multiple barrells, If it is not working I prefer a DTG that is easy to cock and fires in the 50-60s it provides ROF and accuracy along with medium range.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#14 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:53 PM

I use a well-rounded gun. My Crossbow/SplitTech integration is my standard primary, with my Quadded NF as a sidearm. For CTF rounds, I just finished making my 3rd SplitTech, which looks just like the second one I made, but it has somewhat longer barrels. Gives it more accuracy, but is a little heavier. It'll be used as my primary alongside my quadded NF for CTF rounds because I don't want to have to do all that running with that other beast of a primary.

I tend to "eat shit ppl" (as it was put in the poll) really well, but I prefer to not keep people at too great of distances. So for the last question I put "I'm all over the place."
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#15 IceAnubis

IceAnubis

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:41 AM

I use a single shot, high power blaster. I try to avoid ever missing. In a 4 person war, I rarely ever use more than 2-3 shots. One time we won a war when I only fired once. I'll always make sure I'm going to hit my opponent before I fire. When it's finished, I'll be using a heavily modified Crossbow called Getsurei. It uses special mega darts that are carbon fiber supported and use acrylic crystals for the tips. They're kind of like balls, so they don't hurt much more than hot glue.

As for strategy, I sneak around a lot. I ambush, I hide, I pursue silently. I also command my team with radios, and we surround the opposition to make ourselves seem bigger. Still, if our teams are equal, the moment one guy is taken out, we seem to have the upper hand.

#16 forest sharpshooter

forest sharpshooter

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:27 AM

I like to eat shit.Im starting to use a longshot,but when Im not playing a role as a sharpshooter,Im usually all over the place.

Edited by forest_sharpshooter, 09 September 2006 - 03:45 PM.

"One who knows nothing,can understand nothing"

><~NERF~><

#17 Greek Assassin

Greek Assassin

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:40 PM

I like to use my R.C.S.B. barreled AT-3K for mid to long range combat. In larger wars I like to use my R.C.S.B. barreled Titan at very long range, or just really close range if I dont like someone :(.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#18 mavninja

mavninja

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:53 PM

I run all over the place and, depending on the terrain, take stupid and fun risks. My friends and I usually play at a tennis court and, when its free, a kids playground. Its really fun to take a 14 foot drop and be able to fire 2 or 3 shots from a Maverick before you hit the ground. Im currently trying to find a concrete terrain park to enhance my reckless self endangerment.

#19 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:17 PM

Your retarded. Anywho, I prefer my extremley modded bbb (new springs 100+) and and mega modded nightfinder or a 750.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#20 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:35 PM

What does RSCB mean? losing is fun, but I don't really practice enough with my X-Bow to get really good accuracy. I watched a guy at geddon get a chest shot off from 60-70 ft, I wish I could aim like that.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#21 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 02:53 PM

What does RSCB mean?

Now I KNOW that you're a forum junkie, and don't check out the whole site.

It's right over here in the Modification section off the main page.

It works wonderfully...when it works. It's dependent on straight darts, smooth moving, and no leaks. Mine gets 7 shots (1" micro stefans) and 80 feet consistently. Where is it....there!

Posted Image

It looks kind of "different", but it works pretty good. But not reliable enough for "real" warring.

BACK TO TOPIC....

Posted Image
That's my 2k I've been using for I-forget-how-long already...PETG turret, plugged pump, easy 60 feet on 2 pumps, and cut away turret for quick successive shots. No combat style, just Nerf.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#22 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:00 PM

I saw that before, but what does the ACRONYM mean? That is what I don't know. I realize that it is a way to get multiple shots off without really reloading, but I don't know what it means.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#23 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:16 PM

I saw that before, but what does the ACRONYM mean? That is what I don't know. I realize that it is a way to get multiple shots off without really reloading, but I don't know what it means.

...I was hoping you wouldn't ask that.

RSCB is for the names of the collective ingenuity that created the barrel system.

R = Rawray7

S = ShortShit

C = CynicalSynapses

B = 3DBBQ

Thusly, it's the Raw-Shit-Cynic-BBQ barrel system. RSCB.

I like it a lot...so I searched for you. Plus, these guys were active when most of you weren't around the forums yet.

Yeah...I'm going to try to debug it and throw one on my SM5000.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#24 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:45 PM

I think I meant RawRay7 at the last geddon, but maybe not. How long did it take to design that system? I was just watching a geddon vid and saw around 6. Back on topic, now that I have been playing 1 on 2 with my MS, I am starting to like it alot. I think I might switch to my MS until I can get my Ls or my X-bow inot multiple long range madness.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#25 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:11 PM

Unfortunately I've never really had a war with friends that was more than four people, but last June at the DCNO when I was getting more used to my Powerclip, I would usually wait for someone to shoot, try to dodge it and then rush up within 10' so I'm SURE I won't miss and mow them down. It would seem that using a Powerclip would be a disadvantage playing 3:15 rules, but it's the only gun I can be effective with.

I also covered my teammates and if someone was reloading and in danger of being shot I would usually try to hold back the people that were shooting at my teammate.

I also used a Hornet with just the barrel posts removed and only used the blast button. I would wait for someone to reload, then rush them and try (almost 100% successfully too) to blast them with all six shots.

Rushing people just seems the most fun to me and charging into battle gets me excited. It's what keeps me a Nerfer through and through.

So, my playing style is basically wait for someone to shoot, rush up to them and try to run them down, shoot a ton of darts at them and run away to reload. I lack versatility in that I can only use one or two kinds of guns effectively, but I think I make up for it with how good I am with those guns.
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users