New Longshot Mod/integration

Longshot sidearm integration

82 replies to this topic

#76 themasterofsomething

themasterofsomething

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:33 PM

I integrated the Longshot sidearm (front gun) into the Longshot where the bipod used to be.

Posted Image

I did the normal nods to the LS, consisting of, removing air restrictors and replacing the spring. I only put a BBB spring insted of the BBB/LS combo (a bit too strong for me wee hands).

Ranges consult of the following:

59'
53'
71'
57'
61'
273'

Average LS range: 60.2'

Not bad for just the removal of air restrictors, BBB spring replacement, and no replacement barrel (soon to come).

Ranges of the sidearm integration:

42'
37'
32'
33'
33'

Average LS sidearm range: 35.4'

Not bad either considering its basically the same internals as a Scout or Crossfire. I only removed air restrictors and inserted a brass barrel.

The sidearm is basically ment for a last minute weapon when the LS runs out of ammo and there's not enough time to reload.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In order to fire the sidearm, all you need to do is pull the LS trigger.
A simple metal bar made from a coat hanger that attaches from the LS sidearms trigger to the LS main trigger.
Just cock the sidearm when all the LS plunger is at rest for a single fire, or cock the sidearm and the LS for a double fire.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still looking for a name. Haven't really been able to come up with one yet.

Questions, comments, criticism, and ideas are welcomed.

Thanks.

Posted Image

Is the last range 273 feet because if that is it, that AWESOME! The brass is cool and I like how you put the front gun to the same trigger.
Mr. NOOB

I suck at modding.

#77 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:37 PM

You do realize that you just necro'd a topic from about 2 months ago, and on top of that quoted the whole FIRST post? Woah, I would just watch out man....

Also, that 274', I do believe that was a typo.

#78 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:41 PM

Also, that 274', I do believe that was a typo.

It wasn't that 274'', he just added up all the ranges he got and then took the average which is 60.2''.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#79 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:32 PM

Hey Great job!

Just one question- what dimension brass did you use for the new LSFG barrel?

Thanks,

Whisper...

#80 carlough

carlough

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:50 PM

Well, watch the post dates. The admins will be on you faster than wolves on steak. Just a word of advice.

I think he used 17/32 as it fits darts well.
RAZZLE FRAZZLE TO THE EXTREME!!!

#81 turtlefreak25

turtlefreak25

• Banned
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

This is so beast! it seems so perfect and is so clean it like it ment to be there! PERFECT! :D Plz do a cool paint job and update it. I like the name Thorr

#82 SerpentofSet

SerpentofSet

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

This is so beast! it seems so perfect and is so clean it like it ment to be there! PERFECT! :D Plz do a cool paint job and update it. I like the name Thorr

Oh dear.
Whenever I'm bored, I go onto NerfHaven and start reading the closed threads with a last post by VACC.

#83 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:49 PM

YOU:

3 months suspension for being incapable of processing the linear concept of time.

and YOU:

Oh dear.

3 weeks for posting "oh dear"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users