Photo

Bullpup Big Salvo

5 replies to this topic

#1 rusty

rusty

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:54 PM

The main probloem with the Big Salvo is that new barrels make the gun really long, and unwieldy especially if you use brass. I decided to move the internals farther back inside the case so that most of the barrels were inside the case.

Posted Image

In order to fit the air chambers farther back in the gun I had to dremel some big holes but, eventually i'll cover those with something.

Posted Image

No ranges yet because the o-ring on the trigger shrunk, and i have to fix it.

Edited by rusty, 03 September 2006 - 03:55 PM.

#2 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:59 PM

You sir, are a genius. That is really awesome. I'm gonna have to go to KB Toys and get me one of these.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#3 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:44 PM

I have a question. What exactly is our (us Nerfers, y'know) definition of "bullpup?" I know with real guns, the reload mechanism (magazine) has to be behind the trigger, but ^^^ that uses a ramrod, so technically you're reloading in front of the trigger. It's just that the barrels begin behind the trigger. Just curious.

And also, why is everybody all of a sudden obsessed with bullpups? I mean, I think you did a great job, but there's a lot of hype about this kind of thing since Lancaster's LS to bp idea, and I was wondering why... it's just a gun...
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#4 Vyperaeon Omega

Vyperaeon Omega

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:19 PM

From a practical standpoint, real bullpup assault rifles are superior to standard-configuration rifles in that they combine a long barrel with a relatively short overall weapon length, allowing a 25% reduction in size with comparable or better accuracy and performance. As to the question of why bullpups are such a popular subject of wild imagination in the Nerfing world right now, I have trouble understanding that myself. Someone with experience in homemades can explain the practical Nerf definition of "bullpup", since I can't articulate a proper response to that question. However, my explanation for the greater focus on such designs recently is that Nerf warriors are forever looking to decrease the size and weight of weapons they carry while maximizing firepower and ease of use. Downsizing a popular primary such as a BS or LS would allow a better weight balance and possibly simplify aiming and reloading. Whether or not such reductions could be quantified as "bullpup" conversions is up for debate, but that description also lends a certain coolness to the gun labeled as such.

On topic now, awesome mod rusty. You removed my greatest apprehension about the BS by reducing the length of those previously excessive barrels. Good job.

Edited by Vyperaeon Omega, 03 September 2006 - 05:20 PM.

May you find in death what eluded you in life: a purpose greater than yourself.

#5 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:24 PM

Schweet. My Big Salvo doesn't fire out of one barrell, it just leaks constantly out of the left barrell as I pump it.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#6 Fredfred

Fredfred

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:22 PM

Quite an accomplishment, but I don't think it qualifies as "bullpup", not that it matters at all. By definition, a bullpup weapon has the action located behind the grip. In this case, the tanks are located directly on top of the grip. I'm not sure what it is, but great job!
You got the pronunciation right, but it's spelt UZI, an Israilie sud machine gun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users