Photo

Will There Be A Bullpup Design In The N-strike Line?

Using the technology of the LS

9 replies to this topic

#1 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:00 PM

Based on what I've seen inside the Longshot, the Nerf R&D team is fully capable of producing a clip fed, bullpup gun. The oversized trigger mech could be extended past the clip and the bolt could also be extended. With Hasbro's manufacturing capabilities, the bullpup design would only be maybe 1/2" thinker than the LS and maybe 33% shorter.

Sorry if anybody misunderstood, but I already have an LS, and that's where all this is coming from. It's not about just having a bullpup design, it's about having a true native Nerf designed bullpup gun..

Edited by murakumo32, 01 September 2006 - 10:01 PM.

Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#2 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:49 PM

I don't really see the point. The main marketing crowd won't buy it just because its a bullpup. Really, just buy the Ls.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#3 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:50 PM

Can't wait to hear it all! I'll forward it along to my friends at Hasbro! </Sarcasm>
I hate you.

#4 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:17 PM

They could.

They could make a lot of things.

Instead, why don't YOU buy a LS, relocate the handle, extend the trigger mech, remove the stock stock (groan), and put on a new buttplate. That would make it a bullpup.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#5 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:43 PM

Instead, why don't YOU buy a LS, relocate the handle, extend the trigger mech, remove the stock stock (groan), and put on a new buttplate. That would make it a bullpup.

Agreed with davidbowie.

That's an open door for a majorly cool modification. I like bullpup weapons, so to do a Longshot as one is, as you guys seem to observe, a tinkerer's dream. Having the extra pistol on the front is a step in the right direction also. That's practically a bullpup setup in the works!

Sheeooot. Still nothing here, at least from the last time I went to HNL.

One Man Clan....you're too funny. But then again, you ARE the Nerf connection Master.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#6 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:57 PM

Ah, but this idea of a bullpup design originated from contemplating how to mod the LS to be a bullpup rifle. Everything I'm working on, I stated in my previous post, like extending the trigger and the bolt past the magazine. I already have the concept drawn out in my mind, and all that's left to do is buy a second LS to work on (I want a normal one & a bullpup) and purchase some lexan/acrylic at Home Depot. Although even with the stock fully collapsed, the trigger will not be in the optimal position (with the elbow bent at 90*). the only thing I'm worried about is the stability of the extended bolt. Oh well, time to ponder and then a trip to TRU in the morning, maybe...

But back to the main point of this topic I'm just wondering why Nerf doesn't use it's development and manufacturing capabilities to it's fullest? I mean, we can produce homemades that are on par with current Nerf technology, and we even past them when Bolt created the FAR & the SCAR-N. I know that even though Nerf has manufacturing capabilities way beyond us, that would have to spend vast amounts of money making a new design, can't they make one that will that will totally blow right past our capabilities (that means people with access to special equiptment too)? Maybe I'm just tired with the fact that every gun of its catagory (spring & air) are all the same. Even the revolutionary LS looks like the NF when you get past all the extra add-ons. I guess I just want to see something new, but I'm not genius enough to figure it out for myself... :D
-or-

#7 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:53 AM

But back to the main point of this topic I'm just wondering why Nerf doesn't use it's development and manufacturing capabilities to it's fullest?

You're joking, right? Do you own a fucking Longshot? I'm pretty sure a blaster like that that has been in development for over 2 years (before we even saw an IDEA for the FAR, and not to shit on BoltS.niper), is using your full potential. I may NOT hae said this before, but here it is:

The team at Hasbro has so many ideas and things that it would just blow your mind. They can't make every blaster they want to for a myriad of reasons. The team loves to keep pushing it to the next level, so just imagine what's next in line after the LS. I for one can't wait to see. And again, give the team time and all the credit they deserve. I WISH I had a LS when I was a kid. I had to settle for the lame ass sawtooth, and a missle storm. Ah, the good old days...........

I'm not arguing with you Murkrow, but just choose your words more wisely next time.
I hate you.

#8 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:55 AM

I don't me to insult the Nerf team, nor do I want to argue with anyone.

But I see your point, and can I agree.
-or-

#9 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:43 PM

Murakumo, although it seems to be the major consensus that Hasbro will not be makeing a bullpup (which I honestly think would be sweet) I think that you should go ahead and make one. My advice yould be to instead of hacking up a brand new LS you should take a firefly and use all the extra space in it to incorperate a bullpup design. Put up a wanted ad for a broken FF with the trigger system still intact and the shell isnt too beat up. (Basicly what you are looking for is a FF where someone tried to improve it and screwed up) Or you could just go out and buy a new one. I seem to remember you were looking to buy some parts from it. And for the extended bolt you could just go out and buy some aluminum rods. If you did this I think that it might be alittle cleaner than your idea but I'm not sure, its your pocket book. But as for me *glances over at the firefly he killed* I think that I might just try this...
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#10 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:02 PM

I am in total agreement with my Clan-sized buddy.

Boy, you young 'uns have it all. When I was a little kid, the only thing NERF had was the damn balls. Oh, and NerfMan. Cannot forget NerfMan.

Back to topic....elf is right. I bet you a Vault that the R & D team at Hasbro's Nerf division is lookin' at all the things you guys are doin' to the blasters, and vaugely using some of the homemade, modified, and integrated ingenuity to create their next lines, or at the very least, the ideas and concepts for whatever they have up their sleeve next.

Rather than wait for them to spoon-feed us, and we go "yay" or "nay", do like Nike.

"Just do it."

My SM5000 is an example. It's all in pieces again. What fun! :rolleyes:

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users