Yano October/november

Can we please find another name yet?

48 replies to this topic

#1 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

I will keep this FIRST post updated with ALL information. Remeber Toj, check frequently!

Nov 4th

Glendora School

This Saturday!

Edited by AnyaSeijin, 03 November 2006 - 01:46 PM.

#2 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:34 PM

November 4th and 11th look good for me. I somehow managed to pull zero classes on fridays, so I'll hop the Amtrak from the San Diego station to Fullerton on the friday before and be there in plenty of time for the war, no matter what date is chosen.

October 7th = Jazz Band performance, and I can't work the 14th (concert band's first tour). October 21st could technically be workable, but GHS has their homecoming that night, and I'll be in Glendora for that anyway to go with Katie. However, I'd probably have to leave the war a little early (as would a good deal of those in my group still attending the High School). The 28th = no way possible.

I'd suggest shooting for the 4th or 11th. It gives us enough time to pull our sorry acts together and whatnot. Spoon mentioned in the CAFF thread that he's booked solid through September and most of October, so it's probably wise to aim for November anyway.

So just to reiterate, I'm up for Nov. 4th and 11th.

And if you guys are up for it, we could keep things interesting all day by switching up the location a little bit. Like if we played cullen for the first half of the day and then went down the street to Sellers to play some more there, possibly going over to the High School for some CTF as well (the High School has pretty much the best CTF area I've ever seen...)

Edited by Falcon, 31 August 2006 - 08:40 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#3 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:45 PM

this is far enough in advance that I may be able to pull off getting the day free, so I'll go request the two days greg suggested tomorrow.

-bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#4 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:33 PM

Due to Marching Band and other school related "shtuff", It will be impossible for me to attend on any date we have listed... bother.

I'll post if anything changes, but otherwise, I'll be MIA
Holder of the original Split-Tech 2k

"Headband" - as so named by OMC
"That One Guy in the Pineapple Shirt" -So aptly named by Baghead

#5 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 12:28 PM

I'll try to come out?

Unfortunately I just started college, and because of my choices (Music Major, Creative writing major, philosophy minor), I'm not sure if I'll have time, 10 classes is a lot, haha. I'll try to make it though, that'd be way fun.
"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#6 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:24 PM

Cool we'd love to have you.

On a side note, Music major? Me too! Is that a music education, performance, or something else sorta deal? I'm a composition major...

Anyway, back to planning. The marching band back in Glendora is swamped for like the next three months on weekends, so (unfortonately) we can't really take their schedules into too much consideration. Sorry Sage...let us know when Winter Break starts for you all and whatnot and maybe we can pull together something then (be it just a clan war or something else).
----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#7 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:08 PM

As we know, usually wars are on Saturdays due to a million and a half different reasons.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the entirey of the MB kids have the week of Thanksgiving off, as well as lots of College peoples.

I know that's very late, probably to the point of "oh screw it", but it's worth an honorable mention.
Holder of the original Split-Tech 2k

"Headband" - as so named by OMC
"That One Guy in the Pineapple Shirt" -So aptly named by Baghead

#8 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:49 PM

I know the Knights will be warring that week. At least once. Whether or not others come along, I don't know. But people will be seeing family and whatnot, so I don't think I want to look that far away just yet.

Edited by Falcon, 05 September 2006 - 04:19 PM.

----------||||||||)

#9 Akai

Akai

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:07 PM

Well, any of those dates are good for me, just like its always been, give me a week so i can ask that day off

#10 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:47 PM

Are there any people who have problems with one of those two days?

There are still some people who haven't had any input yet and I don't want them to miss out (Cx, Spoon, Ray, etc. just to name a few) but it'd be nice to get a date nailed down soon. I need at least two weeks' notice (roughly) so I can get myself booked on a train and whatnot before rates hike.

Thanks!
----------||||||||)

#11 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:59 PM

Alrighty Boys, My Vote is for either the 4th or the 11th of november, because I just requested those dates off, 2 months in advance, so I better see some nerf action one of those days damnit.

-bags

Edited by baghead, 12 September 2006 - 04:01 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#12 silent mercenary

silent mercenary

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:14 PM

all the posted saturdays, except the last one sound good. I can make it along with a couple other guys.
I will not walk, so that a child may live!

- Master Shake

#13 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:57 PM

I PM'ed Spoon, and he can't make the 11th, but the 4th will work.

So (for the sake of his not being able to attend the last God only knows how many wars up to Armageddon) I'd suggest that we all mark our calendars for the 4th. Shit! I just realized...Spoon's never played at Cullen. Holy crap.

Hopefully the 4th will work for Cxwq, Rawray, etc. Other than them, I think we have the usuals pretty much covered.
----------||||||||)

#14 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:00 PM

Problem: I can't really set a date without Cx being cool with it. Someone find him.

Edited by AnyaSeijin, 19 September 2006 - 06:01 PM.

#15 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:16 PM

Well, if it doesn't work for him, then he'll help us figure out another one. It'll all work out.
----------||||||||)

#16 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:05 PM

As soon as someone gets a response from CX post it here! I might be able to come with a friend.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#17 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:17 PM

Falcon the problem is, Cx hasn't posted ANYTHING in here yet. And, as usual, I doubt he'll answer PM's. Maybe I'll call him than. So yeah. (Hopefully Cx reads this, and realizes I will call him if he waits any longer to respond. Cause I know he has been looking at this. He can't be that blind.)

PS. By the way, we would be back at the good school right? The one with a grid?

Edited by AnyaSeijin, 20 September 2006 - 01:17 PM.

#18 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:37 PM

Heck yes. Cullen's opened up again; meet there. If we get bored/want some variety, Sellers is just down the street. And if we're in the mood for some Kick-ass CTF, a 5-minute drive away will lead us to Glendora HS, which has an incredible area for it.

We're set.
----------||||||||)

#19 Akai

Akai

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 12:41 AM

Ya, we played a bit at the HS last time we got together for a Knights scrim, and we didn't have enough players for a CTF round, but we still played a few elimination rounds there, and it turned out pretty well, the different playing levels and various forms of cover make for some interesting instances, should be kept as an idea for a mid day change of pace.

#20 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 02:28 AM

Okay, here's the deal:

Falcon, please plan the war as if I were unlikely to attend. At the moment, that would be a high-probability assumption. Perhaps the war after that as well. Not sure about the probability on that one.

So we're on for the 4th. It's set. We'll get another planning thread going accordingly for the next YANOs until we get a confirmation back from Cx that he's back on schedule with us and whatnot. There's still a chance he'll be making it, but it's small. So everyone else, plan for November 4th.

Location.

If we aren't there, we're doing one of two things. Having lunch, or Playing CTF at our CTF Location.

They're quite close to each other, so you shouldn't have to try too hard to find us if you arrive late. When the war is approaching, I'll give my cell # to anyone who wants it so if you show up you can call and find out if we're at lunch or the other location.

We're meeting ~10:00 am in the parking lot seen on the west side of Cullen Elementary School (see the map above for reference). When we head over to the High School for CTF, park in the lot at the top of the school (north side) seen just west of the tennis courts. Then, walk west on campus on the north side of the nearest classroom building, and you'll walk up a short concrete ramp that opens onto a large grass/cement courtyard that spans half the length of the Campus. This is where you will find us.
----------||||||||)

#21 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:18 PM

If its cool with every one I'm in, I can also bring some friends.

Edited by Cthulhu, 27 September 2006 - 05:23 PM.

QUOTE(WratH @ Sep 5 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#22 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:45 PM

Feel free! The more the merrier!
----------||||||||)

#23 InkJet

InkJet

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 12:55 AM

Ok, checked it out, i can't make it. I live imbetween the SF area and LA, a few hours away, i just can't get a ride out that way. And I'm curious, i looked in all the planning threads, and it says nothing about homemades, so I'm wondering what the rules on those are. Sorry if i missed it in another thread.

#24 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:25 AM

Homemades aren't allowed at YANOs. Same goes for single-barreled titans and SM5k's.
----------||||||||)

#25 Grenado

Grenado

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 02:57 PM

What do SENO and YANO stand for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users