Fall Dcno?

Please?

114 replies to this topic

#1 ThatWasRandom

ThatWasRandom

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:19 PM

Sooo... who's up for a DCNO sometime soon?

I am. It's been a while.

I'm happy to help organize it, seeing as I am a DC kid, and I feel sorry for OMC having to organize the last one from fucking Jersey.

So someone throw some dates out... what works for you all?

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:41 PM

I'm up for another one, but I'm not sure what dates will work for me (if any) in September, since that's football season and I have absolutely NO Friday nights off...and I really doubt my mom would want to get up at 5:00 on a Saturday morning to drive down to Maryland. So basically, only a Sunday will work for me unfortunately. That would mean driving down Saturday afternoon, sleeping in a hotel, getting up around 8:00 and driving to the war on Sunday and leaving right after it's done to go home.

So...fuck. No dates will work unless they're Sundays, and I know that's really inconvenient for a lot of people, just throwin' it out there.

Oh yeah, I'm the kid with the Powerclip, by the way, in case you didn't remember my forum name.
SexD Warves

#3 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:20 AM

My schedule is a clusterfuck, at best. Sundays would obviously work better, because there is no college football. However, my commitments to the Sailing Team and school could trump Sundays on the calendar as well.

Basically, you guys set a date that works for the most people and I will do my best.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#4 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:44 AM

Any Saturday or Sunday is good for me. September or October.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#5 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:21 PM

I'm out for all september. It sucks, but that's the way it is. See if you can get a hold of any of the other DC guys Random and do something. I'm game for anything in october though.
I hate you.

#6 ThatWasRandom

ThatWasRandom

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:25 PM

Hmm, so I just found out that I have stuff going on basically every weekend in September.

So let's shoot for October, which sounds like it'll work for more people anyway.

That sound good?

I'll start PMing the less active DC people when I get around to it.

#7 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:30 PM

October sounds good to me. Are you going to use this same thread to plan the war or make a separate one? I'm really excited about this one since I missed the Cleveland war and am looking forward to seeing you guys again. I'll check what dates I can do. Like I said before, NO Saturdays will work for me, but pretty much any Sundays will work, I think.
SexD Warves

#8 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:47 PM

Any weekend in October will work for me. Since Saturdays seem to be unpopular, let's aim for a Sunday. Hell, I'll even throw around some dates while we're at it...

1st
8th
15th
22nd

Post if you can attend any of those dates. Let's get in contact with Cranks / THIRST while we're at it. We don't want them to miss this one.

-Groove

#9 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:08 PM

I'm available every weekend in October as well. I couldn't make it to the last one unfortunately but I have plenty of guns to bring for one in October. CSHG probably won't be done by then.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 10 September 2006 - 02:39 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#10 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:43 AM

I can make it to DC from Penn Station in Baltimore; I don't really have any transportation from there though...

Weekends would be best; I haven't received the schedules for all my classes yet, but for the ones I do have, they don't seem to be proving to be too much work, so my weekends for the most part should be free.

Sorry for my recent lack of presence on the board; I've been working quite a bit to get myself ahead in my classes, and setting up my dorm and whatnot. I should be able to get back to maintaining some more presence on the boards in a week or so.

~ompa

#11 forest sharpshooter

forest sharpshooter

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:22 PM

I really dont want to sound like a noob but what is a DCNO?
"One who knows nothing,can understand nothing"

><~NERF~><

#12 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:45 PM

Washington D.C. Arena Nerf Out. It's actually held in Rockville, MD - just North of D.C.

-Groove

#13 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:07 PM

I can make it to DC from Penn Station in Baltimore; I don't really have any transportation from there though...

Weekends would be best; I haven't received the schedules for all my classes yet, but for the ones I do have, they don't seem to be proving to be too much work, so my weekends for the most part should be free.

Sorry for my recent lack of presence on the board; I've been working quite a bit to get myself ahead in my classes, and setting up my dorm and whatnot. I should be able to get back to maintaining some more presence on the boards in a week or so.

~ompa

Crankymonky reporting in for duty.

Ompa, if you can get to the metro, you can get to a bus. From a bus, you can get to a bus station. From a bus station, I can pick you up, or you can catch another bus which will take you to any variety of places!

Okay guys, My Saturdays are clear for all of October and I will keep them that way, if possible. David and I both work on Sunday, I can easily get off, but I'm not so sure how easily Dave could, I'll ask him.

Would everyone like to stay at the gauntlet? Try something else? Opinions?

I'll get the DC guys up, stevo123 is gone, but who needs him. Osiris, Juno, and Chris would all be interested, as would some of the other guys.

-Dean

P.S. It's been held in both Rockville and Potomac Maryland so far. Gaithersburg area if you happen to know it. North of DC.

Edited by crankymonky, 12 September 2006 - 05:12 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#14 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:23 PM

Alright, well as soon as you guys decide on a date, I'll do my best to make sure there is a clear schedule; I'll figure out transportation shortly afterwards.

After October 10th should work fine for me; my main midterms will be out of the way at that point.

~ompa

#15 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:16 PM

Ompa, if I go up for the war, I'll pick you up. There's not point for you to take a train and a bus when I'm willing to pick you up. I'm sure someone else would be willing to do it in my absence as well.

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#16 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:35 PM

Wayside is fine by me, I'm always up for a change though. I just want to Nerf, although I did find Wayside to be the best Nerfing location I've ever seen. If there's another spot that some of the more experienced guys think would be better, I'm all for it; it would be fine to have a change.
SexD Warves

#17 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:30 AM

I'm good for anytime in October. Paul, you would have to come up PAST the location to baltimore and go back to pick up ompa. I can handle picking him up, as my gf lives only like 3 mins from Hopkins University.

I'd also see if matt and andy are up for a road trip weekend. It's good to see Dean coming through. Set a date and let me know how many are coming.
I hate you.

#18 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:05 AM

Paul, you would have to come up PAST the location to baltimore and go back to pick up ompa. I can handle picking him up, as my gf lives only like 3 mins from Hopkins University.

I'm aware of both of those facts. Not hearing your schedule, I wanted to leave an offer on the table so ompa wouldn't have to worry about a ride regardless of your or my plans.

Of course, me thinking you wouldn't be attending an east coast war is silly. However if all the NJ guys are going to have to travel to these things time and time again, I am going to suggest we hold Reckoning in the Floridia keys or something. If we have to travel, we mine as well make it count.

#19 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:13 PM

I think we should try to cater to ompa the best we can. How does Oct. 12th sound to everybody?

That's long enough before my birthday, after midterms for most everyone, and it gives Cranks and THIRST enough time to ask off from their work and get in contact with the other local D.C. guys. Roughly a month from right now. As for the location, I think it's unanimous, everyone is in favor of The Gauntlet (who would ever get tired of that place? It's fucking awesome).

Post here if you have any objections to making it Oct. 12th @ Wayside Elementary.

-Groove

P.S. ~ Hersh, I PM'd you about acquiring some of your foam like we talked about at Armageddon.

#20 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:13 PM

Wow. Well, I'm honored guys.

Anyways, I'd have to say weekends work best... I have 2 class sections on Thursdays, and the TA's seem a little anal about attendance... If that's impossible though, I guess I'll do my best to get out of them. Otherwise, I have classes until 2pm, and after that I'm free.

Are homemades allowed? Nothing that fires over 120' as far as my testing has proved; and the one I'd be using only goes around 100'.

~ompa

#21 ThatWasRandom

ThatWasRandom

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:45 PM

The 12th sounds good to me. I haven't bothered to run it by my parentals, but as of now it works.

And I'd vote Gauntlet, but keep in mind I missed the DCNOs that weren't at the Gauntlet, so I have nothing to compare it to.

#22 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:07 PM

You guys do realize that the 12th is a Thursday, right? If there is any chance of me going, it would have to be on the weekend.

The best weekend for me would be October 28/29. I would be able to swing October 21/22 as well.

Disclaimer: The dates I am giving are based on the assumption that academics don't kick me in the nuts the week before and after the war. Since I am in engineering, this proverbial kick could come at any time. Therefore, only use my dates if they work for a majority of the other participants.

#23 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:10 PM

God dammit, I meant the 15th. I was definitely looking at the November calendar. Fuck me. This is what happens when to me when I don't drink my coffee in the morning. Mother fucker. Alright, let's try this again...

Any objections to the 15th of October? Speak now!

-Groove

#24 ThatWasRandom

ThatWasRandom

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:58 PM

Oops. I didn't even look. 15th should be fine too. Basically, October is totally open. So for those of you who have other shit going on, just work out a good date, and I'll show up.

Edited by ThatWasRandom, 14 September 2006 - 07:01 PM.

#25 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:29 PM

Should be ok with me. I'll definitely be down for that. Gives me a chance to try out my LS.
I hate you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users