Neat Dart Holder

ROKENBOK...

19 replies to this topic

#1 TheVeg

TheVeg

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:44 AM

I've got this stuff called ROKENBOK, and it is an RC -construction system toy. It uses these little beams and connectors that snap on and off quite nicely. One day I thought " This must have a use for nerf!" After a little experiment, I came up with this...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you epoxy the connectors onto the gun, you have an interchangeble clip- like system. There are curved pieces, short pieces, straight pieces.... You can even make a ammo belt out of 4 curved pieces and and however many straight pieces.

This fits micro stefans nicely (mine have a nice sliding fit in 9/16 brass) and taggers perfectly. More info on buying at Rokenbok.com.

Edit: typing mistakes...

Hope you like it,

KLM, a.k.a. TheVeg

Edited by TheVeg, 28 August 2006 - 11:47 AM.

Vegetarians into Nerf results in n00bs being shot with carrots.

Captain KLM, founder, modder and dartsmith of the Michigan Nerf Mafia.

#2 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 02:59 PM

That is absolutley inefficent and poorly designed. Just use brass, crayola, or petg barrels and glue them on to your gun.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:03 PM

Or he could just make it the ammo holders smaller as to not make the gun as bulky. I personally don't find anything wrong with it; it just sticks out from the gun a bit too far, but that could be easily remedied.

~ompa

#4 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:06 PM

That's..uhh..interesting. But it just makes the gun WAY to bulky. If you could get them to curve around the turret, it will be more compact and convineately(spelling?) located.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#5 hokiefan0705

hokiefan0705

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:42 PM

Thats pretty cool....... The gun is way to bulky. Good idea, but its sort of weird
Cubs in 2012

#6 TheVeg

TheVeg

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:49 PM

That is absolutley inefficent and poorly designed. Just use brass, crayola, or petg barrels and glue them on to your gun.

I just put it that way so you could see the piece... Mostly I use it like this, with a few other 'clips' in my pocket.

Posted Image

That's 36 dart holders, all easily accessible, interchangeable with others. The airtech is my primary when I use it, So I don't need to worry about bulkiness, but you could use a straight piece.

Mostly the reason I posted this thread is because the pieces are interchangeable and there are many, many sizes, colors, and ways you can use them.

Sorry if this is was stupid, though. I thought it was sorta cool... :blink:

KL M, a.k.a. TheVeg

#7 Vyperaeon Omega

Vyperaeon Omega

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:49 PM

I think this is pretty cool, actually. I'm also heartened to find that i'm not the only person in recent memory to use construction toys as Nerf ammunition storage. That reminds me, I have some new K'nex stuff to post soon...
I say good job. Simple, but seemingly effective (as long as your stefans are secure enough that they don't slide out when you move vigorously).
May you find in death what eluded you in life: a purpose greater than yourself.

#8 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:09 PM

Now that you made it straight, it seems like a feasible idea. Creative, but Im not so sure how well square boxes for round darts does.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#9 TheVeg

TheVeg

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:50 PM

The darts do not come out unless pulled. however, If you leave stefans in it for a long time it makes lines in the darts but you need at least an hour, and most skirmishes to do not last that long. However, Taggers fit perfectly- they do not fall out when you shake it, but do not get lines on them when left in the clip-thing for awhile. So, Unless you fell and broke the clip off the connector, It would stay on and the darts would stay in, (unless you had really thin fbr)

However, I looked on Rokennbok website and saw that they no longer sell the kits that would be ideal for nerf...
Before, they had a 'beams and blocks' kit, but now they don't, but you can find Rokenbok at some fancy toy stores like white rabbit, ect.

#10 warx

warx

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:14 AM

For a second there it appeared that you made a chain loader for the DTG, which would be unexpected to say the least.

Well done, ammo holders should be made to fit personal tastes, and this one not only suits you (I'm assuming), but looks moderately intimidating as well.
The perfect signature does not exsist.

#11 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:19 AM

Good job Veg, I think the customizing of options for your holders is a nice feature. A thought would be to integrate some of the pieces into a vest or strap that could be worn. For instance attaching a connector piece to a third longshot clip, or any other clip from a gun, you could then have a more secure holder by sewing another piece into said belt or vest. Obviously making sure the piece does not interfere with the firing of the gun.

Edited by Ender, 29 August 2006 - 09:20 AM.

#12 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:46 PM

Pretty cool idea. I, however, would prefer an ammo belt.

Although if anyone is really looking for a place to buy them, this is the cheapest I could find.

Click Here

#13 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:54 PM

CAn anybody say SPEEDLOPADER :) This thing would be awesome for speedloaders.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#14 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:53 PM

Why would anyone want to say "speedlopader"? What does that even mean?

#15 TheVeg

TheVeg

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:56 PM

I belive nerfer34 ment speedloader, not speedlopader... notice the proximity of the p and the o key... ;)

The Speedloader is a many shot spring gun from lanard, and yes it would work wonderfully with Rokenbok. You could attach a riser on the two sides of the turret and clip a curved piece on in the middle, and It would curve around the turret. If I ever get my hands on a speedloader, I will try that.

Edit: Typing mistakes... Again! :)

-Veg

Edited by TheVeg, 30 August 2006 - 05:08 PM.

#16 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:50 PM

I belive nerfer34 ment speedloader, not speedlopader... notice the proximity of the p and the o key...

The Speedloader is a many shot spring gun from lanard, and yes it would work wonderfully with Rokenbok. You could attach a riser on the two sides of the turret and clip a curved piece on in the middle, and It would curve around the middle. If I ever get my hands on a speedloader, I will try that.

I was just kidding, sorry for the confusion.

I remember going in to one of those expensive toy stores as a child (I can't remember the name..seems like it started with a z..) and seeing rockenbock on display, you could play with it and everything.

Of course, it was always too expensive... :)

#17 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:00 PM

Veg, what he was referring to by a "speedloader" is any sort of frame that holds darts in a position that makes it so you can load the entire gun all at once. For example, a speedloader for a powerclip would hold darts in the zigzag pattern found on a PC clip so you could put the loader against the front of the clip and then some manual device would push dowels or something against the darts to push them all into the barrels at once.

So he's saying this stuff could be used to make shaped ammo holders specifically for loading, say, and entire DTG turret at once.

Interesting idea, certainly.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#18 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:11 AM

A prime example would be to watch a cop movie from the 80’s before the emergence of reliable clip fed hand guns. An extra 6 shots would be in a circular pattern matching the revolver clip. So fire six, tilt and drop the casing, then line up reloaded and your good to kill again. I would recommend Dirt Hairy simply because of Clint Eastwood, but I’m sure you can see it in action in a Nick Nolty or Eddy Murphy film as well.

#19 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:20 PM

A prime example would be to watch a cop movie from the 80’s before the emergence of reliable clip fed hand guns. An extra 6 shots would be in a circular pattern matching the revolver clip. So fire six, tilt and drop the casing, then line up reloaded and your good to kill again. I would recommend Dirt Hairy simply because of Clint Eastwood, but I’m sure you can see it in action in a Nick Nolty or Eddy Murphy film as well.

Geeze. Doesn't ANYONE in law enforcement use revolvers anymore? Make me feel really old.

A speedloader, by Ender's (and most firearm terminology) is a device that holds six cartridges (again, correct terminology, not "bullets"--that's what's at the end of the cartridge casing) that exactly match the revolver's loading pattern.

After firing all six (or five, depending on the gun) rounds, the cylinder of the revolver is swung open, the extractor is pushed, dumping the spent cartridges, and the speedloader is pushed, with rounds lined up with the cylinder, and a twist of a knob releases the cartridges into the revolver's cylinder. Close the cylinder and it's ready to fire another six rounds.

It was a way to speed up reload time for revolvers. All that went out the window when semi-autos became standard law enforcement weaponry, especially high-capacity semis. Imagine a Glock 19 holding in one magazine, almost three speedloaders of ammo for a typical (.357/ .38) revolver.

Posted Image

Here already. Much easier to just show a pic (Image courtesy of pistoleer.com)

Back to topic, if those blocks can hold darts in typical Nerf skirmish situations (running, dodging, couple of bunker moves) without chucking them all over the place, then it looks like it could have some potential, and since many homemade PVC/brass/pipe dart holders aren't usually cut to even length, some of them look pretty much ghetto-blaster.

But I wouldn't go out to Toys R Us to specifically buy those for ammo holders. Hmmm....wanna sell some on NH? Call them "veg-loaders". ^_^

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#20 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:47 PM

Sorry for the typo.

Yea I meant what Falcon said.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users