Modified Nitefinder, Need Help

need help making the gun more powerful

19 replies to this topic

#1 mad mike

mad mike

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:53 PM

I have recently modded a nf, and the darn thing only shoots like 35-40 ft. I have taken out the air restricters, added rubber bands(industrial strength rubber bands), taken out the laser, added a flashlight where the laser used to be ,and added two mini led black lights to the top. I even lubricated the plunger, any suggestions??

;) ps: ill try and add a pic later.
he who would learn to fly, must first learn to crawl and walk, and run and climb, one cannot fly into flying" great quote or what!!

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:07 PM

What kind of barrel material are you using, and what kind of darts?

~ompa

#3 mad mike

mad mike

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:08 PM

im using the stock barrel and stock darts.
he who would learn to fly, must first learn to crawl and walk, and run and climb, one cannot fly into flying" great quote or what!!

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:22 PM

Then unfortunately you've reached probably near the average distance (flat) that you are going to be able to with a NF.

You need to install a new barrel, and/or change your darts, to get the maximum amount of effectiveness out of your NF.

~ompa

#5 mad mike

mad mike

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:26 PM

thanks for the info.
:)

oh, and i forgot that i moved one of the ammo holders to where the batteries used to go. ;)

#6 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:03 PM

You could also wrap the plunger head in three layers of e-tape and replace the stock spring with something stronger.
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#7 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:12 PM

I added a mavrick spring to my stock NF spring and it gets maybe 55 feet leavel. AR removed no bands.

edit: Sorry I didn't mention I also added a EX-3 o-ring along with the orginal NF o-ring.

Edited by Black Blade, 27 August 2006 - 08:13 PM.

#8 mad mike

mad mike

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:32 PM

ill try the e-tape if I can find some.

#9 chip tortellini

chip tortellini

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:46 AM

Also if you don't want to replace the spring you could just strech it out.
ctp. Tim of

UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

"Sic vis pacem, para bellum. If you want peace, prepare for war."

#10 Snazzy Q

Snazzy Q

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:09 PM

That works, but stretching eventually makes the spring weaker. Take it out and go to Ace hardware, they usually have a large selection of springs. Find one that's roughly the same size but harder to compress.

#11 Hamsterdam

Hamsterdam

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:30 PM

I stretched my spring to about 2.5 times its normal length and it got about 65 feet.
Rockin' the sick upp'd ION. Posting that in the only place I won't get flamed for it.

#12 lupo92

lupo92

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 04:09 PM

or u can put spacers in there

example: take apart the plunger and put washers behind the spring...

#13 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

If you want to use household materials for a barrel give it a crayola barrel.

#14 mad mike

mad mike

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:47 PM

thanks for the tips. I will try to get to ace hardware soon so i can find a stronger spring, any more suggestions would be great. ^_^

#15 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:27 AM

If your bord and wanna do somthing before you go to Ace, you could cut it down to a smaller size if you don't mind taking the flashllight out. This doesn't add any range, but it will fit in your pocket easier.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

Behold. Helping Bunny on his way, one signiture at a time.

#16 mad mike

mad mike

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:16 PM

thanks for the tip, ill keep it in mind.
:P

Edited by mad mike, 03 September 2006 - 07:17 PM.

#17 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:57 PM

My nf is plenty powerfull but i still want more. It has cpvc barrel, no air restrictors, and i use 2 bands. any suggestions?
We are opposite sides of the same coin. Nomatter how we face, we will never see eye to eye."

#18 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:02 PM

New spring, more bands.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#19 mad mike

mad mike

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:08 PM

Well I decided just to go with the crayola marker barrel, since i have way to many dried out markers at home. I aslo took out the flashlight and put in a laser that was for my automatic airsoft gun(it works great). I took off the origional barrel and put it over the laser so it fits in with the rest of the gun better.

i have pics now but i cant seem to put them in. can somebody tell me how please

Edited by mad mike, 04 October 2006 - 08:20 PM.

#20 koolsteve

koolsteve

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:54 AM

yea just go to imageshack.us and you can upload them, then just copy and past the link iit gives you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users