49 replies to this topic

#26 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:57 PM

he was probably a fag, or a scientologist or both

You are a fucking moron.

More on topic, I've never gotten in to a confrontation with a store worker (mostly because I look like I'm twelve), but it is funny to watch the reactions they give me, such as "you have some fun with that little guy!" (That was when I bought a 3k twin pack at TRU a while ago.) The employees also like to talk to my mom about how kids my age are so in to guns. Someone even asked me if my mom wouldn't let me buy a paintball gun!

One woman at Lowe's looked at me and told my mom that she wished they could hire "pre-teens" too.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 25 August 2006 - 12:58 PM.

SexD Warves

#27 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:07 PM

I have never gotten a smart ass response because I am 1000.

-Butt

Edited by King Of Butt Land, 25 August 2006 - 02:17 PM.

QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#28 MFRnync

MFRnync

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:00 PM

I have never gotten a smart ass response because I am 1000.

-Butt

Who would have guessed :lol:
carpe scrotum- grab life by the balls, sustaining member of the always outnumbered but never outgunned toy gun modifiers guild.

#29 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:39 PM

A couple months ago I took my little brother to Walmart to buy some video game and while I was there I picked up a dart tag set. I went up to the register and after getting rung up the cashier hands my brother the dart tag set and says "Have fun with this, but don't shoot them at any people". So before my brother could grab it I took it and said " Oh okay I won't shoot anybody; don't these vests look cool?" She gave me this weird look before giving me my change.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#30 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 04:47 AM

Ah! It's good to be back at the Haven!

Concerning these weird events, I have one of my own...

The day after my birthday, I had a lot of money on my hands, and I didn't know what to do with it...
Naturally, I went to TRU and bought something around 10-20 items, all Nerf brand. When I walked up to the register, the cashier looked and me and said, something along the lines of, "I hope you don't cause trouble with these, or else I won't let you purchase these guns..." With a hint of insult.

I calmly responded, "Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions you insolent little prick, and if you want to keep you job, shut your mouth and scan the items."

He got angry and screamed, "LEARN TO RESPECT OTHERS, SMARTASS!"

Just as I have hoped, the manager was talking to another employee about something else when he heard the cashier scream at me. Before he confront us, I said to the cashier, "I told you to keep you mouth shut..."

The manager approached and said to me, "What seems to be the problem here, sir?"

I eplained the situation and the manager rung me up and asked if I wanted a free gift card for $25. Natually, I said no, and told him, "I would apprecitate it if I do not find myself in the situation again." I then walked out of the store.

Now this is the only TRU for miles, and I know pretty much everyone who works there. So the nexxt time I strolled to TRU to get more guns, there was a new cashier. I must say, she was absolutely beautiful. When I took my items to the cashier, she asked if I was in to stuff like this (I assumed guns) and I said, "For a much more justifiable reason than simulating war."

I went through normal procedures and was off on my way in no time. As I was walking out, she smiled and said, "Hey, have fun modding!" Her words took my breath away and her smile took my heart.

A week ago, I went back to TRU to buy a couple of guns again. Oddly, I didn't see the one person who took my heart away. After a number of other visits, I still did not see her. I tought to myself, must of been a summer job.

I sighed and walked out of the store with empty hands and an empty heart.

Life sure is a drag sometimes... :blink:
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#31 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:33 AM

Ah! It's good to be back at the Haven!

Concerning these weird events, I have one of my own...

The day after my birthday, I had a lot of money on my hands, and I didn't know what to do with it...
Naturally, I went to TRU and bought something around 10-20 items, all Nerf brand. When I walked up to the register, the cashier looked and me and said, something along the lines of, "I hope you don't cause trouble with these, or else I won't let you purchase these guns..." With a hint of insult.

I calmly responded, "Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions you insolent little prick, and if you want to keep you job, shut your mouth and scan the items."

He got angry and screamed, "LEARN TO RESPECT OTHERS, SMARTASS!"

Just as I have hoped, the manager was talking to another employee about something else when he heard the cashier scream at me. Before he confront us, I said to the cashier, "I told you to keep you mouth shut..."

The manager approached and said to me, "What seems to be the problem here, sir?"

I eplained the situation and the manager rung me up and asked if I wanted a free gift card for $25. Natually, I said no, and told him, "I would apprecitate it if I do not find myself in the situation again." I then walked out of the store.

Now this is the only TRU for miles, and I know pretty much everyone who works there. So the nexxt time I strolled to TRU to get more guns, there was a new cashier. I must say, she was absolutely beautiful. When I took my items to the cashier, she asked if I was in to stuff like this (I assumed guns) and I said, "For a much more justifiable reason than simulating war."

I went through normal procedures and was off on my way in no time. As I was walking out, she smiled and said, "Hey, have fun modding!" Her words took my breath away and her smile took my heart.

A week ago, I went back to TRU to buy a couple of guns again. Oddly, I didn't see the one person who took my heart away. After a number of other visits, I still did not see her. I tought to myself, must of been a summer job.

Life sure is a drag sometimes... :blink:

\
Do you really expect people to believe this?
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#32 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:42 AM

\
Do you really expect people to believe this?

In it's entirety, it seems unrealistic, but I assure you that's what happened.
-or-

#33 MFRnync

MFRnync

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 02:06 PM

Seems a bit fishy to me as well, why would you have even participated in such a childish exchange rather than get the manager and resolve the issue?
carpe scrotum- grab life by the balls, sustaining member of the always outnumbered but never outgunned toy gun modifiers guild.

#34 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 02:36 PM

I must say, she was absolutely beautiful. When I took my items to the cashier, she asked if I was in to stuff like this (I assumed guns) and I said, "For a much more justifiable reason than simulating war."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... good one.

weirdo

Edited by Dark Shrimp, 26 August 2006 - 03:59 PM.

Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#35 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 03:12 PM

Yeah, West Virginis has no purpose to have pepper spray...so I go with a tazer (I wish).

Yeah, I dramatisized on the counter thing. I wanted a little bit of a laugh from it, but it did happen. And I think it is why they havent had many guns in there for a while. They may have been restocking, but its been a while sine they had a hefty supply of nerf brand guns.

I gave the other side of the counters POV too in the story. WHen the manager came over, she said that she was being harassed, but the video proved wrong. I recorded all I could off my phones memory and the SD card it had in it which to my surprise doesnt just hole extra songs for me.

I showed one of my friends and they found it to be a little funny. But yet, they also agreed with me that I needed to get some more on this cashier. After calling me stupid and a retard, I wanted her to get a little punishment. I didnt press chares for harassment, but she was fired from the store. I get weird looks for buying munchkin card games from hobby stores...and its like...why do you sell them if you are going to lookk at me weird for buying it...it doesnt mean I have an STD!...does it? My friend laughed at that too.

I have to say, people get weird about what they dont believe in. And its almost like, well if you dont own the store, dont run the store.

Even in 7th grade when I liked playing backyard baseball, I would have security people in wal-mart talk to me when buying a new aluminum bat. I actually had to bring the bat that I cracked into the store and show them and my parents had to buy the bat for me. Again, if you don't own the store, then don't try to run it.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#36 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:11 PM

Awww, love through Nerf. How cute is that? :blink:
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#37 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:27 PM

What else can I say, shit happens. I just planned 3 steps ahead to make certain shit happen ;) .
-or-

#38 LOMHawkeye

LOMHawkeye

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:02 PM

I went to a TRU with Veggie on the way back from getting him at the airport and when we were going through TRU he was in his navy dress uniform. As we're checking out the guy their asks for his phone number (presumably to input into their compute system) but I initially thought he was hitting on Jeff and I started cracking up. No horror story, but decently funny nonetheless.

As I was walking out, she smiled and said, "Hey, have fun modding!" Her words took my breath away and her smile took my heart.

You sir are very creepy.

#39 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:21 PM

I must say, she was absolutely beautiful. When I took my items to the cashier, she asked if I was in to stuff like this (I assumed guns) and I said, "For a much more justifiable reason than simulating war."

You scare me. Seriously. I don't know if I could desribe your actings in one word, but I think Dark Shrimp came close to it.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#40 Walter

Walter

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:43 AM

I went to a TRU with Veggie on the way back from getting him at the airport and when we were going through TRU he was in his navy dress uniform. As we're checking out the guy their asks for his phone number (presumably to input into their compute system) but I initially thought he was hitting on Jeff and I started cracking up. No horror story, but decently funny nonetheless.

As I was walking out, she smiled and said, "Hey, have fun modding!" Her words took my breath away and her smile took my heart.

You sir are very creepy.

It's called a "hopeless romantic"

#41 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:04 AM

Man theses employees need to learn how to smile and be happy, If they were happy and smiling they wouldnt be Pinball heads. They have to hire more happier employees.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#42 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:59 PM

I had one guy jokingly give me a little bit of crap on my way out of a target once. I had 2 NF's and an AT 2k twin pack, and he was like "Tell me this isn't for you..."

So, of course, I told him it was. Absolutely.

He asked if I couldn't afford airsoft or was just really bored.

So I pulled my shirt collar down a little and asked him to explain to me the fresh welt on my neck (Armageddon '05, anyone?)

Of course, he had no answer (how the fuck would he know anyway?) and just laughed and bagged the stuff. I pulled out some random business card and wrote down nerfhaven.com and the den of foam's url.

If people give you shit, carry a card or something with a few site addresses on it that you can just hand to them. Makes life SO much easier than trying to explain things...

The alternative would be to buy a shirt from nerfhaven's cafepress store (specifically, one that says "Real men play with Plastic Guns") and then wear it every time you go to the store for nerf guns.

Just point at the shirt, buy your stuff, and keep right on walking.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#43 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:41 AM

That guy has some nerve. I could have played it cool until the part where he said "You and your punk friends are probably going to ride down the street shooting old lady's and kids." Next time if you go there buy more nerfguns and go to the same guy and see if the same thing happens.

Then I would talk to the Manager and tell him that the employee treated you in such a bad manner.
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#44 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:50 PM

Showing the employees of TRU a link to a nerf sight may be a good start. I think that until the nerf moding community is more main stream in toy stores we will constantly be faced with dilemmas, like the ones discussed here. So I say spread the word. When you’re buying a gun at a store talk about how fun it is to take apart and change. Talk about learning air flow dynamics and the physics involved. Talk about the time and effort put into the craft. Too often we buy the guns and hope nothing happens or that we don’t get a look. I say hide no more, sing praises and hymns of nerf in the store. Speak out I say and explain the joys you feel to the world. Then and only then my brothers in arms can we truly claim to be the Merry Makers of Foam, the Magical Modifiers of Toys, and the Lords of Nerf.

#45 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:29 PM

This isn't a bad story, mind, it's just interesting.

A while ago, I had discovered the art of SSPB-NF integrations, and had decided to try one for myself. I already had a Nite Finder, so the next time I was around Target, I went in and picked up a SSPB.

The cashier, obviously newly employed because of his tireless enthusiam, took a look at my purchase and read aloud: "30 feet! You know this shoots thirty feet, right?"

I decided to take him seriously and responded, "Not when I'm done with it."

He seemed a little confused about what someone my age would be doing to a 3-inch long plastic dart gun, so I continued to tell him how to plug the pump, do a tank expansion (thank you 3M), and finally remove the barrel peg to fire homemade darts.

He was -- there's no other word for it -- captivated. I took my purchase and proudly walked out the door. 1 down, 6 billion to go.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#46 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:32 PM

Showing the employees of TRU a link to a nerf sight may be a good start. I think that until the nerf moding community is more main stream in toy stores we will constantly be faced with dilemmas, like the ones discussed here. So I say spread the word. When you’re buying a gun at a store talk about how fun it is to take apart and change. Talk about learning air flow dynamics and the physics involved. Talk about the time and effort put into the craft. Too often we buy the guns and hope nothing happens or that we don’t get a look. I say hide no more, sing praises and hymns of nerf in the store. Speak out I say and explain the joys you feel to the world. Then and only then my brothers in arms can we truly claim to be the Merry Makers of Foam, the Magical Modifiers of Toys, and the Lords of Nerf.

Priceless... Seriously are you a preacher or something, I think I might start going to church again because of that... No wait, to many old people who want to talk to you. I'll pass.

Back on topic, that really never happens around here where I live, frankly because "No One" nerf's in my area. It is so bad that I can still buy the really old guns like manta rays and sm-1500's in my area as well as the new ones. In fact, they look like they have made an accomplishment when they see someone walk out of the store with a couple of guns.

Meiser--- :)
Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#47 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:38 PM

So, does that mean he was interested in Nerf or was he just amazed that you could do those things to it? I find it kind of hard to talk to cashiers because it takes like 10 seconds for the cashier to process all my stuff. The last time I talked to one of the employes(besides the usual "thank you")was when I went to get an sspb and out of the six that were there, four of them were broken(yes, I tried them all out).
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#48 vanpaun

vanpaun

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:40 PM

If they do that just say 'I can buy what I want' and if they give you more crap go to the manager/consumer affairs and say 'your employee ______ ______ is acting inapropriately and remarks upon what I buy negatively' calm, coo,l direct, gets the point across

EDIT: oh yeah if the manager says 'what were you buying' answer in a cold smooth voice 'nerf'

Edited by vanpaun, 30 August 2006 - 02:57 PM.

QUOTE("One Man Clan@Oct 11 2007 @ 07:40 PM)

...And people wonder why the Front Page at NH is all posts from admins about dumb fucking members...

#49 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:50 PM

This isn't a bad story, mind, it's just interesting.

A while ago, I had discovered the art of SSPB-NF integrations, and had decided to try one for myself. I already had a Nite Finder, so the next time I was around Target, I went in and picked up a SSPB.

The cashier, obviously newly employed because of his tireless enthusiam, took a look at my purchase and read aloud: "30 feet! You know this shoots thirty feet, right?"

I decided to take him seriously and responded, "Not when I'm done with it."

He seemed a little confused about what someone my age would be doing to a 3-inch long plastic dart gun, so I continued to tell him how to plug the pump, do a tank expansion (thank you 3M), and finally remove the barrel peg to fire homemade darts.

He was -- there's no other word for it -- captivated. I took my purchase and proudly walked out the door. 1 down, 6 billion to go.

Good work! I'm glad to see an entusiastic employee after hearing these stories.

#50 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:28 PM

So, does that mean he was interested in Nerf or was he just amazed that you could do those things to it? I find it kind of hard to talk to cashiers because it takes like 10 seconds for the cashier to process all my stuff.

He seemed college age to me, perhaps someone that would paintball or airsoft (not to judge by appearances, but you know what I mean), so I'd say that I probably got him interested through amazment. There wasn't anybody in line behind me (it was a weekday, so anybody not-me was prolly at work).

Good work! I'm glad to see an entusiastic employee after hearing these stories.

Yea... I just wish it would happen more often. Maybe even end up adding someone to the clan.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users