credits to )DEMON(

19 replies to this topic

#1 taz22

taz22

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:27 AM

hi,

because iv finished my own fast action rifle for 99% (the only part that has to be added are the elastics, but don't have them :( )i'm starting building a new gun again. this will be my 3th gun and because all of my plunger guns doesnt have enough power, i will be building a gun that uses compressed air.

the desing will be looking a lot like the design that )DEMON( made on the spudfiles forum but just a litle differend -_- .

it will be made out of 32mm pvc (about 1.5") and will have a piston valve. the trigger will be from a blow gun (http://www.meechairt...ety-Blowgun.gif this type)

the barel will be made out of 19mm pvc (3/4").

a design pic will be added soon.

maybe if i have enough time i will be make it semi auto but that will bring a lot of problems.
also if i like this gun i will be make some more by the same design that will be shorter and longer.

greats
here is the pic
Posted Image

Edited by taz22, 21 July 2006 - 05:03 AM.

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:18 PM

I opened this thread expecting to see an actual homemade gun with photos, ranges and maybe even a write up.
Instead I found just another another blueprint. Good luck on your project but next time post the final product instead please.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#3 userjjb

userjjb

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:07 PM

Cool, what are you looking at for operating pressure? What are you planning on for chamber and barrel volumes? How do you plan to pressurize? Are you looking to achieve any particular range?
When life gives you lemons, simply say more morphine please.

#4 FromAbove

FromAbove

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:13 AM

You sir have the spelling capacity of a chimp with down syndrome, however I pissed off the chimp comparing him to you.

Seriously get off your ass and build something instead of posting a paint diagram, and while you're at it hit the books and pay attention in english class.

Also how do you plan on loading your blaster? ramrod?
Connor: Oh, is that right, Rambo?
Murphy: All right, get your stupid fucking rope.

Do you mean with an integration or what? Because size doesn't have anything to do with performance...-NerfMonkey

#5 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:02 AM

You sir have the spelling capacity of a chimp with down syndrome, however I pissed off the chimp comparing him to you.

Stand down. Taz is one of our English-as-second-language overseas members.

Pretty nice looking. I can see how how you have a piston for releasing the air inside the gun, but how are you going to connect the trigger from your blowgun to that internal piston?

Anyway, you've probably noticed that people don't much care for diagrams around here, Taz....looking forward to seeing this one built.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#6 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 03:24 PM

Carbon, he's using a piston pilot valve, so the release of air by opening the blowgun will allow the chamber air to push back the piston.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#7 taz22

taz22

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:32 AM

sorry that my English isn't so good, but I'm from holland you know. I'm trying to do my best, but it isn't so good.

I've started building this thing last Saturday.
the piston is done, and the section around him also.
at first i always want to show people what I'm building because i don't have got a good camera (only my web cam) and the pic from that thing aren't so nice.

the blowgun will be attached by a 0.5" threaded thing (don't know how to call it :wacko: but they use it to connect the blowgun to a modded sprinkler valve)

also the main problem is how to get barrel sealed from the air tank from the part of the piston, because they don't have something special for that.so that will take some time.

the operating pressure, don't know. i think something about 7-10 bar that is 100-145psi. but i don't know how many pressure my PVC can hold. so that will need to be tested first.

greats.

#8 userjjb

userjjb

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:16 AM

also the main problem is how to get barrel sealed from the air tank from the part of the piston, because they don't have something special for that.so that will take some time.

the operating pressure, don't know. i think something about 7-10 bar that is 100-145psi. but i don't know how many pressure my PVC can hold. so that will need to be tested first.

I know that some people have trouble finding proper PVC pipe or fittings in the UK, not sure about Holland though. My advice to you is to make sure that the piping and fittings you use are pressure rated. You want to use "solid core" PVC, it should have some sort of pressure rating on the side. I'd recommend trying to find a plumbing supply store, if anyone should have it, they would.

If for whatever reason you can't find pressure rated stuff, be VERY careful, try to pressurize it remotely to test it.

Edited by userjjb, 25 July 2006 - 04:18 AM.

When life gives you lemons, simply say more morphine please.

#9 taz22

taz22

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:58 AM

i know, i'm thinking of building a test chamber first, so i can see what pressure i can use. only my end caps aren't so thick but the pvc is (about 3.5mm) so that will work. i hope this gun will work because i had to use the o-ring out of my fast action rifle.

i'm thinking to make the end caps so it won't lose air to add a o-ring at the inside of the end cap and hot glue it all. maybe it will not lose air.

i'm also trying to find a good pressure guage because i want to make my own design with numbers and stuff on it. so i can se how many shots (if i get it semi auto)ore what distance i'll get out of 1 shot

greats

#10 taz22

taz22

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:41 AM

ok, yesterday iv made the part that holds the barel. i'm only start gleuing the whole gun when all the pieces are done.
but the barel is airtight

but i'm thinking of puting a 32mm pipe around the barel. this will be for the looks only.
also i'm thinking of making it look like the machine gun from quake 4
Posted Image
ore i will make it look like the railgun from quake 3
Posted Image
what do you think?

greats

edit>

hi, i'm back:D

i'v finished the gun for 90% the only thing that has to be done is gleuing and find a way how to make my blowgun on the endcap (i cant find a 1/2" threaded thing).

all the parts are cut in place and it looks very cool:D
also i have got 1 problem. the knee on it isn't the right size, so i have to mod it a litle.

greats

Edited by taz22, 31 July 2006 - 09:35 AM.

#11 Gyrvalcon

Gyrvalcon

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:32 PM

I'm sorry, but something was lost in translation there. What is the "knee" of the gun?

This plan looks solid, but do you have some pictures we can see?

Edited by Gyrvalcon, 31 July 2006 - 11:33 PM.

-Knowledge Is Power-

#12 taz22

taz22

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:14 AM

a knee is a corner (those 90* bends don't know how you call them :D )

ok ill ad a picture of the piston (thats the only pic i'v made from a part of the gun)

Posted Image

the other parts i havn't made pic from.

i will try to make them soon

greats

btw, this is what i call a knee
Posted Image

#13 Gyrvalcon

Gyrvalcon

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:31 AM

It's looking clean and solid, nice work.

By the way, wrong joint, that is an "elbow" joint.

Understandable (and somewhat humorous) mistake.
-Knowledge Is Power-

#14 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 08:48 PM

Oh shit, nevermind.
Haha sorry. Dumb question.

Looking great Taz. Can't till its done.

Edited by Ronster, 01 August 2006 - 08:50 PM.

-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#15 taz22

taz22

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:49 AM

yeah me to :P .
i still cant find a 1/2" threaded thing, does anyone knows where i should look for that? and where they use those things for?

also i need to buy pvc glue but its pretty expensive (5€ for just a little) but i need it if i want to make it so.

i hope this gun will be very awesome to shoot

greats

#16 taz22

taz22

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:33 AM

ok the gun is done. everything is glued but i cant get the piston working :@ does anyone knowss why?
this sucks.

#17 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:01 AM

You need to fix your posts. Capitalization looks to be a good place to start.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#18 DEMON

DEMON

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:34 PM

WOW, what a lucky find I have made. B)

I actually tried to make this design as well but it never worked and was scrapped for parts.The problem was the piston. Now I have more experience with pistons and have a very powerfull small metal one. If you want to answer some of the questions you are thinking then I suggest you take a looky at my piston topic, you will learn quite a few things.

Heres a link: http://www.spudfiles...t=2695&start=0
Yes, it is five pages long but I promise it is worth reading. It is possible to resque your cannon :(

#19 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:04 PM

ok the gun is done. everything is glued but i cant get the piston working :@ does anyone knowss why?
this sucks.

We need a bit more detail before we could help you out. Is the piston responding at all when you open the blowgun? How much pressure are you running it at?

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#20 taz22

taz22

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:02 AM

I already told you how many pressure. Something like 7-10 bar in a other post it says how many psi that is.

I think my piston doesnt work because its not cut straigt.

When I start puting pressure in the gun it just leaks out of the barel. So the piston doesn't hold the air. I'v tryed a longer spring and it didn't worked. But then it also leaked at my connection to the blowgun. the only way how i can seal it is by putting extra layers of rubber in it because i cant gleu it all. The connection is made out of a bolt (don't know where its for, found it in my garage) with a hole in the center I'v made. I will buy my own blowgun soon but i don't know when. But i'm sure my next gun will be coper :D because you cant take it in pieces if it doesn't work and start again.

to demon. thanx dude. i think i get it now(i hope) i like your bolt design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users