Demon Fang

Heavily Modified.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:47 AM

The Demon Fang is quite possibly the most fun/frustrating gun I have ever made. It is also the first succesful integration I have done so far. In all the time I have been modding I have yet to see a modification on the laser fang. Then when I found one I opened it up and had a vision of what I wanted to achieve.
Posted Image

Now I will show you how you can make our very own Demon Fang.
For the first part of the mod we will be looking at the main barrel.
You will need: Phillips head screwdriver.
Something thin and long like a pencil.
Sheet metal
Something to cut sheet metal (I used a dremel)
Strength
E-tape
A weaker catch spring.

Unscrew the gun and you will get see the internals. Look at all the empty space in the back.
Posted Image

First we will talk about the main barrel.
To take off that orange thing you can either pry it off or soak it in really hot water then take it off when it is more soft and pliable. (I did the latter.)

Now take a a pencil,dowel etc and hammer out the air restrictor so it pops out the front. The tube behind the AR fits stefans nice and snug. Now your Laser fang can fire stefans,converted tagger darts,tagger darts, stock darts megas, mega stefans and more that I am forgetting so now the gun can fire multiple types of ammo.

What I did next was take a Maxshot spring and pop it in there. Here is the spring comparison.
Posted Image

Now heat up that orange fanged part and put it back on the front. You dont have to but I find it makes the gun alot easier to cock with something to hold onto.
What you wanna do next is plug the hole found in the front of the barrel.
Posted Image
I covered this up in black E-tape. You would never know its there unless you looked for it.

Next you will want to reinforce the front of the part of both shells where the spring rests against. The MaxShot spring is a mighty spring and will crack it over time. What I did was cut 2 peices of sheet metal to replicate the wall and bent the bottom part downwards just like in the crossbow reinforcement. Try and make sure that none of the sheet metal is overllapping the plastic. This will start to scratch and mess with your barrel.
Posted Image
You will also want to weaken the catch spring by either replacing it or cutting it and stretching it out. If you dont the catch will be pressing down on the maxshot spring hard and it makes a rather unpleasant sound. This keeps cocking the gun quiet and probable safer for the gun too.

Now you are finished the first part of this gun and are half way to achieving Demon Fang status.
The second part of the gun is a little more complicated.

To do this you will need: A Dremel
Plumbers goop
Hot glue and a few spare sticks
AT3K
15/32" dowel
Key ring or sspb keychain
Button of some kind to go on end of dowel
Fuzzy craft sheet.
9/16" brass
19/32" brass
PVC
Unbreakable wire/thread etc.

For the second part of the mod we will be Integrating a AT3K into the Laser Fang.
To do this you need to gut an AT3K and take out the good stuff then file down all the loose nubs and crap and you should end up with this.
Posted Image
Do you see those blue marks. That is where you are going to make the cuts so you can get rid of the Goo tube.
Then throw away the middle peice or hold onto it for packrat purposes. Dont throw away the orange tubing you will need that for later. Now you need to be able to fit the pump shaft into the gun. To do this take your pipe cutters or dremel and cut off about half an inch or as much as it takes to get it to fit into the gun. You will need to cut down the protruding lines in the gun. All of what you have to cut down is colored in green in the following pic. Make sure you cut both sides on each shell or it wont fit. You will also need to cut a hole in the tail end of the gun for the AT3K pump to protrude from. All I can suggest is here is take it slow and make sure your pump shaft fits in first. The blue arrow points to a hole you need to make for the tubing to get from the pump to the air tank but we will get to that later.
Posted Image

Now to remove the light. this is where the AT3K air tank is going to be going. To do this you must remove the light. Take the bulb out and saw away at the light base untill all the black stuff is gone only the metal remains.
Watch the wires. If you accidentally lose the connection you will have to strip the wires and wrap it around the metal arm it came off of. Now you are going to carefully fold that peice and tuck it in right above the screw port in the center of the gun.
This way when you stick batteries in it and pull the trigger slightly the eyes on the gun will still light up but now you won't have the so called "laser sight".
Now saw away as much stuff as you can at the top where the Air tank is going to be going. Now creativly saw away at this area so you can fit your AT3K air tank inside. Once it fits snug then close the gun and make sure you are able to still put the screws in and the gun isnt going to be busting at the seams when your done. The air tank should be snug but not breaking the shell.

Now that you have an air tank that fits inside the gun and a pump shaft that fits in the back, its time to make the connection between the two. Remember that orange peice of Vinyl tubing? Its time to get it. Now make the connection between the air tank and the pump shaft. Make sure that the vinyl tubing is twisting instead of folding in half. If it folds in half no air will get through. Also make sure that you push the tubing in the two holes good.Once you have it set into place, Plumbers goop it. The reason I chose plumbers goop is because it is pliable and strong. I tried epoxy the first time but it kept cracking and leaking air. Let the plumbers goop dry for 24-48 hours. While you are waiting take out the red adjustable laser peice. Dremel a hole in it and try to set the setting at dead center and hot glue the ridges so it stays in place. This will help keep your barrel straight.
Posted Image
You can see I kind of did a sloppy job here but hey nobody's perfect.

Now Take a 7" peice of 9/16" brass and nest it inside 6.5" of Pvc. This will act as the second barrel.
Now take 0.6" of 19/32" brass and Plumbers goop it onto the air tank over top of where the air comes out. Make sure it goes on straight and centered. The half inch of 9/16" brass will be nested inside this for a perfect seal. Wait 24 hours or so for this to dry as well. You should do this after the other goop has been given at least few hours to dry.
Now take your 15/32" dowel. It will fit almost prefectly inside the hole in the back of the pump for the AT3K. Cut the dowel at around 4" or so. Epoxy a button or something on the end. I used the button from a broken Lanard pocket blaster. This will act as a ram rod. The only problem was it didnt fit snug inside the pump. To fix this I took a very small strip of fuzzy craft sheet and stuck it inside the black pump to the AT3K. This keeps the ram rod in its place at the back of the gun untill I need to use it. Nifty huh?

After waiting forever for your goop to dry position the chopped down AT3k internals inside your chopped down Laser fang shell and make sure the 19/32" brass fits inside the red monacle peice. Close up the case and if it all fits and you can put all the screw in and its not busting at the seams you are very lucky because all the hard stuff is over. Now bend your AT3K firing pin in a V shape. Then hot glue the whole assembly in.
Posted Image

Next you are going to drill a small hole in that upper peice that comes off at the top of the gun.
Then you are going to thread that metal wire or strong thread through the hole and tie a knot in the other end so it makes a loop. Thread that loop over the V you made of the firing pin and put the brown lid peice back on the gun. Now take a key ring or other pulling object and tie the other end of the wire there. Make sure it is tight because you dont want it flopping around making all the noise in the world. In the end you should get this.
Posted Image
I used some plastic super glue to keep the plastic key ring together. If I were to squeeze on it, it would break but I only pull on it so its okay.

So lets do a quick run over of what this gun has stats wise.

Strong main gun.
Stronger back up shot thanks to AT3K
Light up eyes for intimidation before kill.
Ram rod that sits snug in back of gun.
Can hold an extra dart in top of gun beside firing pin.
This gun can now fire Stefans,asshole darts, Converted tagger darts far.
It can also fire tagger,stock darts and supermaxx darts well.
It can also fire Megas, asshole megas and mega stefans ten feet before spiraling out of control due to the increase in power thanks to the max shot spring.
The front barrel to the AT3K can be removed.
One spring power source and one air power source inside one gun.

Ranges. I havent done a range test with anything but stefans. The stefans are consistantly hitting around 60' with the Spring barrel. I am getting around 75' with the AT3K with 3 pumps. Keep in mind I cut away alot of vinyl tubing so I cant pump it as much.

It isnt that hard to pump. I dont see myself needing to reload this in a war since it is a side arm. However with the AT3k inside it as well it can be used as a primary too.

Here are some more photos to help understand/appreciate the gun.
Parralel Barrels.
Posted Image

Air tank and spare dart holder when top is open.
Posted Image

Dowel before button attached snug inside back of pump.
Posted Image

How to hold the Demon Fang.
Posted Image

Demon Fang in the dark.
Posted Image

Another cool pic of the gun.
Posted Image

Questions, comments, praises?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 07:35 AM

Awesome job man! That is great.

I have never had or seen a Laser Fang, so how does this thing cock? Do you push the "barrel" in?

That is a great intergration for a small sized gun.

How comfortable is it to pump the 3k on that?
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:02 AM

That IS badass.

Nerfer34, I believe you oull the barrel out. The barrel is also the plunger (ie. the scout) so the barrel rams itself back into the plunger casing when it is fired. Bascially, the dart is shoved onto a pocket of air, so it flies out. If I'm wrong, someone else kindly fill in the gaps.

That is still quite incredible. Good job. Very cleanly done, very clear photos.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:35 PM

Falcon is right. You pull on the barrel outwards untill it cocks. Then pull the trigger and the hole barrel also acts like a plunger and slams back into the plunger shaft inside the gun. I can't beleive I was able to get a Maxshot spring in this thing.

I would also like to thank 1/2 newb 1/2 nerfer for sending me this gun when it was still a laser fang.
I am thinking of giving Demon Fang a paint job and painting everything black that is currently brown. That might happen within the next couple weeks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I stuffed open cell foam all around the plunger tube. Mainly to help deaden some sound.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 20 August 2006 - 10:02 PM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#5 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:43 PM

This thing is sweet, almost on par with your ABBB. I'm surprised your not getting more range with the Maxshot spring. Is it possible to increase the seal on the plunger, or barrel mod it?

#6 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:26 AM

This thing is sweet, almost on par with your ABBB. I'm surprised your not getting more range with the Maxshot spring. Is it possible to increase the seal on the plunger, or barrel mod it?

Yea but I bet the Laser fang plunger is pretty bad and can't get that good of a seal on it.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:22 PM

Sammy boy! I think your right. I cannot beleive I did all these mods to it and forgot to increase the plunger seal. The plunger style on this gun is alot like the arrowstorm and BNA. The seal was so bad that I was able to wrap E-tape around the plunger head about 3 times.
Posted Image

It was semi difficult to fit it back into the plunger tube. I just tested it now and can already see a significant increase in power. I will have to range test it soon.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users