Photo

Bikes!

who rides what?

11 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you ride?

What kind of bike?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What brand?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:57 PM

I wanna see your rides! Tell me what you ride and add a pic if you have one.

Edit: I guess I forgot to say what I ride. I ride an 06 Kona Stuff. It's a dirt jumper. I should have a picture pretty soon. I ride pretty much whatever I can, XC(not very long or fast though), dirt jump, street, freeride. Damn the praries! No mountains!
And I'm sorry if I didn't put your brand of bike, there are too many to list. I just put the ones that came to mind.

Edited by WratH, 18 August 2006 - 02:16 PM.

Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#2 Jikman

Jikman

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:24 PM

Very old and heavy old-school Schwin GT BMX bike.

The seat got messed up, so I took one from a mountain bike and shoved it in there. Had to modify it so now the pole that is perpendicular(sic) to seat looks like an exhaust pipe in the rear...

Neverrtheless, it works.
"A casual stroll through a mental asylum shows that faith proves nothing."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

#3 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:12 PM

Kona, FireMountian. Hardtail MTB.

#4 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:02 PM

2001 Nissan Xterra! Eat that 2-wheelin fags!

Seriously though, I haven't been on a bike since I was 16. I work for a company that also is partners in a bike company though. There new line is HAUT! I don't ride, but if I did, I would totally want the 2007 Jersey Devil model. Check them out @ http://www.vandesselsports.com
I hate you.

#5 Gyrvalcon

Gyrvalcon

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • State:Ontario

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:47 PM

2002 Brodie Energy.

It's light as all get out, and a simple bike. No hydraulic disc brakes or gas dampened shocks for me, no sir.

(Not that I don't want fancy fittings, but my bike is a mode of transport, not a TIE fighter wannabe)
-Knowledge Is Power-

#6 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:02 PM

I'm not a big biker but I do have the OLD SCHOOL Schwin stingray!

I went mountain biking (biking down a ski mountain) last weekend and it was awesome. REALLY dangerous but awesome.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#7 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:36 PM

I ride a dirt bmx bike. A white redline proline pro. I really only ride it around on the streets instead of the dirt but it gets me around just fine.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#8 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:06 PM

Bridgestone MB-4. Circa 1992. No suspension. 21 lb. mountain bike. Simplicity at it's finest. What I used to ride to town, or trail ride to smell the flowers.

Specialized Rockhopper Pro. 1994. Manitou 3 front fork. Old school, still reliable. For keeping up with the young punks with "doohickey" bikes.

Mongoose "Y" frame dual-suspension. Left here by a friend. Spinergy Rev-X "Roks" wheels, probably cost more than the bike itself. Copied after "Pacific Blue" TV series bike. Sitting in my storage room.

Royce-Union 18 speed cruiser. Wife's bike. So cushy you couldn't feel a pothole if it hit you head-on.

Which reminds me. I should take up riding again. I already resumed weight training.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#9 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:48 PM

Cannondale R500 road bike, from around 1992 that I don't get to ride nearly enough anymore. I like aluminum frames...light, and stiff as all get out. What I like about the model I have is that the gearing isn't full-out racing; high end is a 52-13, but it also has a granny gear on the front, so I can get down to a 32-23 (something like that)...really nice when you're beat after a long ride and come up to a long hill. I used to ride this one to draft off cars through town.

My wife has a low end Cannondale mountain bike that I ride more than she does. It's nice for just cruising around town.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#10 deathwolf

deathwolf

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • State:Illinois

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:38 PM

Trek 3700, solid frame mountain bike. Nice and light aluminum frame. I wish I could use it for more than just street riding, but there's really nowhere to go in Illinois...
BROOD XIII

#11 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:09 AM

I was hoping someone would include the Trek group. I ride a Gary Fisher Sugar 4+. It's an adjustable full suspension MTB. Fairly awesome (a graduation present from my uncle).

#12 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:37 PM

I've got a hard-tail Boulder SE from Giant. I paid $250 for it (my own money, thank you very much). I've taken it out 10+ times on a pretty challenging MTB course at a nearby course. It's over 10 miles long, so riding the length can really take the wind out of you. Very good bike.

EDIT: Who's got the Specialized? I envy you.

Edited by Lancaster, 20 August 2006 - 01:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users