Photo

Dart Problem

6 replies to this topic

#1 mini

mini

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:50 PM

ok heres the the thing i moded a brass eagle pb gun with yakmans first mod but i used coper instead of cpbc i also incororated into it cartoons scilencer. any way the ammo im useing works eatreamly well 200 feet plus flat. but the problem with it is it very dangerous. the ammou im useing is foam ear plugs with a slingshot ammo inserted in and covered with glue. any thoughs on how i can make less painfull ammo but keep the same preformence???

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:07 PM

It's going to hurt no matter what. At that kind of velocity, a piece of just foam would probably sting. You're best bet would be to switch to something that doesn't have the slingshot ammo in it, or make stefans which have their tips covered in foam. But that still would probably hurt quite a bit.

Oh, and do fix your spelling and capitalization, or you will find yourself suspended.

~ompa

#3 mini

mini

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 07:02 PM

Really that tough on spelling wow. Sling shot ammo is no diffrent then bb's or fishing weights, just a little bit biger.

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 07:36 PM

Actually I just meant switch to something without weights, as you said you were using slingshot ammo.

But after reading what you posted on NHQ, it appears as the gun itself has enough power to make any sort of projectile hurt, so I'm not sure if you really do have any options.

~ompa

#5 mini

mini

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:10 AM

Oh right the post about me shooting my self? Well that's not really fair because it was poinlt blank. What i need is some brave soul that will let me shoot them from 100 feet away to see how bad it really is, at the ranges i would be useing it for. Anyway thanks for all the help i may try ataching foam to the tip.

#6 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:45 AM

What i need is some brave soul that will let me shoot them from 100 feet away to see how bad it really is...

Sounds like you need a younger sibling :mellow:
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#7 mini

mini

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:13 AM

Im sure i can get 1 of my manly men friends to let me test it out on them. But untell then im gonna mod my nf to shoot earplug ammo

Edited by mini, 21 August 2006 - 12:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users