Super Easy Bbb Mods?

n00b mods please?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Penquin SniperPOW

Penquin SniperPOW

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:38 PM

I want to get a BBB, and to mod it, but without getting any stuff from stores(barrels, foam, etc.). I've checked on google and the search, and I can't find anything! Help! :D

P.S. I know I that i suck, just gimme a break.
"Why, because I wanted to."

-Some guy has probably said this(maybe an army general)

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:42 PM

First off, never ask for a break. The members/mods will decide whether or not you get one.

Second, if you want a REALLY simple mod, at least for the old-style BBB, pop out the air restrictor at the end of the stock barrel and sand the inside down a bit, and you can shoot stock micros around 30-40'.

EDIT: I'm not sure about the newer BBB's, so NiteWalker is probably a better source of info than me if you have one of the newer BBB's. I'm refering to the post below me.

~ompa

#3 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:43 PM

Stop asking for super easy mods! It they are super easy it probably means you can figure one out on your own if you know the basics of Nerf modding. And what did you type in the search engine or google? If you searched "super easy mod for BBB" then of course nothing will appear. Still, I will try and help you. First, take out the air restrictors and sand down the little nubs at the end of the barrel(the little teeth that keep the air restrictor in). Air restrictor removal should be in any of the new BBB mods. Now, you should be able to shoot megas(correct me if I am wrong) and your arrows should be able to shoot further.

Edit- Whoops! Ompa beat me to it(for the mod).

Edited by NiteWalker, 16 August 2006 - 11:04 PM.

NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#4 tcorr911

tcorr911

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:28 PM

There is also a really easy mod by just dropping out the AR's and buying only a 1/2'' PVC coupler, e-tape, and less than a foot af 1/2'' PVC. Put the coupler on to the original barrel with e-tape on the barrel. Then stick the pvc barrel on and load either stock micros or mega stefans in the back and you can get an easy 75-80'.
Bolt, ye are truly a god among men. Ye have earned yeself a place on Enigma's list of heroes, right below Sean Connery and directly above Papa Smurf...a highly honorable slot indeed.
-Enigma1313

#5 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:33 AM

I have some advice that you might want regarding modifications and nerf. Now while I might by the best and most popular modder around (actually, I've never really posted an orignal mod), I think I know enough to help newer people get on track.

I recommend that before you buy a BBB, buy a Nite Finder. Since you are not repacing barrels and such, the range difference between the BBB and the NF should be VERY small, in fact, a simple air restictor mod would get a whopping 45-50 ft depending on what kind of stock dart you use.

Modding a NF will also familiarize you with the basic insides of a spring gun. I'm pretty sure the insides of a BBB are more complex than the insides of a NF. Remember, for anything in life: "Never try to cook a feast without first knowing how to properly cook an egg." (That one is a Murakumo original)

I also recommend you read this, it is an excerp from an article here on NerfHaven:

Onto the actual basics of modifying Nerf blasters. I'll divide it into two sections, air powered and spring powered blasters. Air powered guns have pumps and air tanks that hold the air until you release it by pulling the trigger. Spring guns have springs, plungers, and plunger tubes inside, and compress a spring with the plunger backwards, lock it in place, then release it when you shoot. First, a few basics. After you unscrew the gun, place a towel or cloth over the gun as you remove the case. This way, anything that flies out doesn't go shooting across the room. Hopefully, nothing will happen, and you can either remember the internals or take a picture before going on. It will help as you put it all back together.

Spring blasters are rather simple to modify. The general thing to do is replace the barrel with one more suited to the task. For guns with low air delivery, such as pistols, you most likely want a barrel that is slightly tight for your dart. For guns that deliver air slower but in greater amounts, such as old arrow shooting blasters, a tight fit that telescopes into a looser one works well. For reference, look at Cxwq's Darts and Barrels article on this site. Now, you also want to remove any air restriction that gets in the way of air flow. Make sure that the dart cannot get sucked into the plunger tube, however. If your barrel is directly connected, you may want a piece of brass or plastic at the back to prevent the dart from getting in there. Another common thing to do is either replace the spring with a stronger one or add rubber bands to the cocking handle outside the gun. This way, the plunger snaps forwards faster, generating a faster airflow.

Air guns are likewise easy. Don't be daunted by the seemingly complicated internals or ideas, it's actually quite simple. One of the main mods is to take the pump and fill the hole at the back of the pump handle with hot glue. This hole prevents over-pumping, and reduces the amount you can pump a gun. If you do this, make sure you don't pump it too much. When it starts getting hard, stop. Barrels for air guns should have a neutral fit in most cases with the dart. A fairly long barrel is good, though.

Hopefully, this has helped you understand modding basics and given you some useful hints in your modding process. Remember, we want to see your mods, so make sure you have good descriptions and pictures to match. It will make your mod seem much more professional.

~Ragornocks

Since you have not bought the BBB yet, please reconsider, I can guarantee that you will have a less steep path to becoming a nerf modding god if you start with a NF than a BBB.

Good Luck...
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#6 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 01:37 AM

While i agree with Murakumo that you should Purchase and Mod a NiteFinder before even considdering the BBB, I will give my input on a good way to do a mod for it.

However, you will need about 3" of 1/2" CPVC. But thats not much. Ony about 3 cents worth at Home Depot. If you can find anyone that will cut it that short. If not, than go all out and spend $3 Buying the 10' stick. You'll want it all if you're going to be doing a lot of modding.

First, open up the gun (only the front part) and take the front part of the barrell off. remove the Restrictor and put it back on. Make sure that the Little orange Plug looking things on either side stay where they are. they're what keep the gun in it's Cocked position. Put the gun cover back on and screw it all up. Now, using a dremel (or sandpaper if you dont have a dremel) and file down the 4 nubs inside the barrell. Now, you should be able to shoot a Micro Dart about 30'. But thats pathetic for a Primary weapon. Cut about 3"-4" of the CPVC and just shove it in the barrell. tape it in place with some electrical tape and voila! it will now shoot a Stock Micro about 80'

Hope that helped ^_^
"I Am Become Death. Destroyer of Worlds"
- J. Robert Oppenheimer (Upon the first successfull detonation of an atomic bomb)

#7 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:33 AM

I know you said you don't want to buy anything... but honestly, you're going to do it eventually so why not just get it over with?

Anyways, here's my BBB.

Otherwise, just take out the air restrictors and hammer an empty marker into the existing barrel. You do have markers?
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#8 Deaths Avatar

Deaths Avatar

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:02 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=5193&st=0

Great simple mod. Mysteriously easy to find on the search too. Anyway, This one can be easily adjusted to add new "features" like a breach and such.

-DA

#9 SPU-Nerf

SPU-Nerf

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:20 PM

I think he wants an every easier mod than those, so...
1. Open up the gun
2. Remove airflow restrictor
3. Put gun back together
4. Dremel out nubs on the inside of the front barrel
5. Prep a Crayloa marker for use (remove inside dye part via end cap and front nub)
6. Wrap one layer of tape (electrical or duct) around the Crayloa marker
7. Shove the marker into the barrel
Now your BBB shoots micros and arrows.

#10 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 01:00 PM

Its very simple to do a barrel mod on a BBB. I did one 2 years ago but I remenber how I did it. Really You could figure it out in your sleep.

1. Oper 'er up.

2. Pop out those restrictors

3. Replace the spring with a stronger one that will fit.

4. cut about 6" of Brass or cpvc (I like CPVC better, but brass is available to me and it works fine)

5. sand out the inside of the stock barrel and remove that extra orange thingy in there (though im not sure its on the new model BBB, mine was an old one.

6.Make sure the fit is TIGHT, and Hot glue, epoxy, or plumbers goop the brass into the old barrel.

A tip, dont pus the dart too far down in the barrel or it could fall back into the spring chamber. Happened to me a few times and i had to open it up and get them out with pliers.

I still get consistant 65-68 feet with this mod.
Black Masks & Gasoline

#11 Jergling

Jergling

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:51 PM

I want to get a BBB, and to mod it, but without getting any stuff from stores(barrels, foam, etc.). I've checked on google and the search, and I can't find anything! Help! B)

P.S. I know I that i suck, just gimme a break.

Okay, i did an incredibly simple bbb mod, following loosely along several others, I unscrewed it, and took out that front air restrictor, remember, ONLY the front, not the thing with the little spring attached.

I dremmeled down the four little nubs that keep that front button thing from spinning or coming out.

Then i simply shoved a 2" crayola barrel down it and duct taped it on like crazy.

At first i had this dumb pvc ring instead of the crayola stuck to the front, but it was really inaccurate and i won't try to explain it.

Apparently it's "impossible *********" to get 105' which was my record until i was told it was "--------" So I have been instructed by General Cole (i think that's his name) to remove the apparently "false" distance from my stated record.

Edited by Jergling, 28 September 2006 - 03:38 PM.

Save the NOOB, now declared an indangered species by the department of the redundancy department!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users