Nf Paintjob And "clip" Modification

Thank you Carrtoon for the mod

12 replies to this topic

#1 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:51 PM

Ok, so I did Carrtoon's "clip" mod with one of my NF's and it works better than I hoped. It only gets ranges of about 40' flat(eyeballed), but I am still quite happy with it. It can shoot 6-7 darts one after the other. My only problem is that I usually have to shoot twice for the pump to push a dart in far enough to fire. This is also my first paintjob! Please give me your opinions on my gun and do you think 2 sspb pumps would fix the problem of having to shoot twice before a dart comes out?

Posted Image

Edit- I should fix up the duct tape pretty soon. The tape was put on when my only goal was to get a really good seal.My darts are only 3/4 of an inch long.

Edited by NiteWalker, 16 August 2006 - 10:19 PM.

NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#2 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:56 PM

Two SSPBs would definatly solve that problem. Overall the gun is a little sloppy, but if it works that's all that matters. How long are your darts? It you can shoot 6-7 out of the "clip" they must be tiny.

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:00 PM

It should solve the problem. But just watch out for it trying to load like one and a half darts. While I've never built a clip like this, it seems that kind of issue could occur.

It doesn't look bad, but the way the tape is bent and wrinkled detracts from the overall appeal of the gun.

But hey, if it works, that's really what matters.

~ompa

#4 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:51 AM

I can't seem to find the original link. Can someone give me a link??

#5 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:36 AM

A link? A link for what? I don't have a link on my post... Are you talking about a link to Carrtoon's writeup or something?
Click here

#6 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:14 AM

What a great idea! Kudos to you man! Just one question: How bulky does this make it? Can it still be used as a side arm or is it too long and wide? (hypothetical question) And one question for the general public: Who thinks that this is better(or worse) than starbucks clip modded nightfinder?
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#7 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:58 PM

The gun is just at the limit of being sidearm(it's around one and a half inches longer than a TTG). It can be used as a secondary weapon just fine though. I carry it around on a holster made out of a coathanger, so it's easy to just take it out in a battle. And remember, Carrtoon gets all of the credit for the mod. I just copied it and tweaked a little with the design.

Edited by NiteWalker, 17 August 2006 - 02:58 PM.

Click here

#8 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:38 PM

A link? A link for what? I don't have a link on my post... Are you talking about a link to Carrtoon's writeup or something?

A link for Carrtoon's writeup of the NF "clip" mod.

#9 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:24 PM

Well, Carrtoon didn't exactly have a writeup for the NF, but I used his instructions on how to make his BBB (it uses the same system) here. He posted a picture of his NF here.
Click here

#10 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:44 PM

Thank you. Carrtoon has to remove the coupler to reload, yours looks like you cant. How do you reload?

#11 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:10 PM

It is removeable... I just put some tape over the coupler to have a good seal. I have another problem: my barrel is on crooked. The tape makes the whole thing really stiff, so I think it pushes the barrel a bit to the right. Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this?

Edit- I can't get rid of the tape because it keeps it sealed. Unless someone can suggest another way to seal it?

Edited by NiteWalker, 19 August 2006 - 01:47 PM.

Click here

#12 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 01:03 PM

Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this?

Get rid of all that tape!
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#13 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:44 PM

The New And Improved "clip" NF looks.

Ok, so I tried to make this thing look better by replacing the yellow duct tape with black duct tape(I straightened it out a bit, but it didn't do much good) and cutting off part of the barrel of a small dollar store maching gun. The casing covered a lot of the tape and it now looks like a cool pistol except for the pump assembly on top. Anyways, here are the comparison pics:

Before cosmetic mods:
Posted Image

After:
Posted Image

Edited by NiteWalker, 21 August 2006 - 05:52 PM.

Click here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users