Photo

Blow Guns

10 replies to this topic

#1 pipedawg

pipedawg

• Banned
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:44 PM

To make a long story short, I made a Nerf blow gun that kicks ass! And the best part is that it was dirt cheap!
questions any one?

#2 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:10 PM

...and I made one with a laser site, pistol grip, a fake silencer, and alot of paint.

Blowguns are old news.

And yes, blowguns do kick ass, they're dirt cheap, and you can pick a potatoe chip out of someone's hand from 80' feet with one of them, but everyone knows that already.

Have fun with your blowgun, and Welcome to NerfHaven

Edited by AssassinNF, 16 August 2006 - 05:13 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#3 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:50 AM

Just an interesting blowgun related find. So I had left all my guns at my friends house and all I had of nerf stuff was a shell (not a sea-shell) about 1.25 inches long, so I put that up to my mouth and blew and it had great range and decent acurracy. So I have this crazy idea to make a whole belt of these and attach these to it in such a way that they will be fairly easy to detach from the belt and I will toss them after use. What say you?

Edited by elf_avec_gun, 17 August 2006 - 03:27 PM.

"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#4 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:43 PM

What size piping? Shoots out stefans or dart tag darts?

#5 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:55 PM

Who me? Or the other guy? If me: I use 9/16 brass nested inside 17/32 brass (or wait, maybe it is the other way around, sorry I'm a little tired Just do the math and figure out which one logicaly fits inside the other one)
And I was useing stefans but if the shell isnt too long I don't see why stock darts wouldnt work.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#6 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:29 PM

To make a long story short, I made a Nerf blow gun that kicks ass! And the best part is that it was dirt cheap!
questions any one?

Yeah, is this your first forum board you've ever joined?

Here at NerfHaven, we don't want the short story.

We don't want it long and boring either.

But we do want details.

Start with a step-by-step build of what you did. If it's just a length of 1/2" SCH40 PVC pipe, then what's the deal there? Did you fabricate a mouthpiece? What's the method for loading, and how do you keep your darts from getting sucked back into your throat?

Pictures are really helpful, and of course, everyone loves to look at pictures. There are several tutorials on how to properly post pics on NerfHaven. Look, I even found it in Site Feedback.

How does it kick ass? Do you mean it shoots Nerf darts far? Can it shoot many? What are it's ranges?

You could have answered all those questions in a properly worded and structured post.

Let's see your blowgun. As everyone said, pretty much most of us have experimented with using Nerf blowguns. But glad to see you've made that discovery too.

-Piney-

p.s.; Welcome to NerfHaven. I'm the nice admin, but I'm thinking of converting.
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#7 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:46 PM

I'm the nice admin,...

So true

...but I'm thinking of converting.

:mellow: Crap! Im screwed! :(

Got Nerd?

#8 nerfboy 32

nerfboy 32

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:10 PM

I made a Nerf blow gun that kicks ass! And the best part is that it was dirt cheap!

Yeah, and I have a blowgun that will stun squirrels with stefans, and it was dirt cheap as well! I call it "blowy" and its a 98 cent,5 ft. piece of PVC! Do ya want pictures! :lol:
~monkey with a gun~

For Sale: One parachute, used once, never opened, small stain.
()_()
( '_' )
( ^^ )
. ()() This joke has been brought to you by funny bunny

#9 Flapper12

Flapper12

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:24 PM

:lol: I just started nerfing and have modded my nf but i am getting bored and a blow gun sounds like fun. How should I make one?
Has anyone ever told you that your a dumb shit?-King Of Butt Land

Don't be sorry. Being sorry means you were wrong or you're trying to get fucked. Were you wrong? No. So why do you want to fuck Ted? I've met him; you're making a mistake.-VACC

#10 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:11 PM

Get some 1/2" PVC or 1/2" Aluminum pipe, and cut it to the length you like. 4-5' is usually good.

It's that simple.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#11 Cennipe

Cennipe

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:15 PM

Don't post in months-old topics unless you have something significant to add.

Yah, it is that simple. Also, this is a 9 month old topic, it says in the CoC that your not suposed to post in these. Check the dates next time. I don't mean to come of as sounding mean.
"Man, a being in search of meaning" Pluto

My user name is pronounced "eat shit." I know that losing is looked down apon in nerf, but, what ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users