Wow

need assitance

10 replies to this topic

#1 lupo92

lupo92

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:00 PM

Hi, im new to nerf, but not to games like paintball and airsoft...

Me and my friends have decided to get some nerf guns just to fool around in the house with and we are looking at the longshot, the magstrike, and the N-stike unity system...

We were wondering which would be the best nerf gun for the money...

thanks

#2 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:16 PM

Well Lupo this is a "matter of opinion" question. Personally I like the Longshot the best. But it is a matter of what you are going to be trying to do with the gun and what kind of gun do you like. If you like uzi-like guns (high ROF, low accuracy and not so great range) then I would go with the Magstrike. If you like a decent ROF decent range and decent accuracy then you should go with the longshot (but you will need to mod it before it is really good). But if you want a pretty good sidearm an ok main weapon and a gun that has a hell of a range but is banned from most wars then the N-Strike system is right for you. I hope this helped.

Edit: Oh yea I forgot to give props to you on being on of the only noobs to in their first post use correct grammer and spelling! Keep it up man and welcom to nerf haven.

Edited by elf_avec_gun, 16 August 2006 - 02:19 PM.

"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#3 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:21 PM

Dude, honestly it depends on how comfortable you are with the gun indoors, the magstrike is great indoors and even outdoors it can be somewhat effective. Then there is the longshot, while the longshot is a great moddable gun, once it is modded it should be used outside because it gets real powerful. Finally, the N-Strike system is good more for indoor when it is not modded.This is because the hornet if you are willing to give it some love every know and then is a great semi-auto blaster, the titan is huge and the scout is perfect for indoor fighting once you tweek it to perfection. All in all, go with the gun that suits you, its your money.

Meiser--- :D

P.s. I forgot to mention how good the N.F. is as a indoor and outdoor weapon when modded.
Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#4 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:14 PM

Rather than give you my opinion of which one you should get (which wouldn't really help), I'll just give you a short review on each of them.

Longshot:

Stock - an awesome looking gun that's a clip fed, bolt-action, spring powered rifle. I has poor range and accuracy, but that can be fixed. It has a bipod, a fake scope, adjustable stock, two clips, 12 darts, and a second gun that attaches to the front. Price: $30 Range: up to 30 feet, but it's more like 20.
Modded - total ownage with great range and rate of fire combined.
Range can get into the 100's

Magstrike:

Stock - a clip fed, air powered machine gun. It has great range for a machine gun, and you can spray 10 darts (one full clip) in just a few seconds. It has two clips and a rail for attaching a crossfire or a longshot scope. You pump it 20 times to fire a clip. Price: $30 Range: 35 feet
Modded - you can get an extra few feet of range, but nothing special.

N-Strike Unity System:

Stock - a set of three guns, the Titan, the Scout, and the Hornet, all of which join together to create an overly-bulky gun of terror. The Titan is an air-powered rocket launcher that fires that pointlessly huge rocket about 60-70 feet with about 20 pumps. The Hornet is an air-powered shotgun that can fire 6 darts semi-auto or all of the darts at the same time. It has a shitty pump and it can take up to 30 pumps to pump it, but when attached to the Titan, it gets pumped up in a matter of seconds when you pump the titan. It gets about 40' range. When attached to the Titan, it shoots higher than you'd think, so try not to shoot your friend in the fast with 6 darts :D . The Scout is a pitiful little spring pistol that also attaches to the Titan, and is fired with a trigger on the Titan, as is the hornet.
Modded - A modded titan is something to be feared, and it is banned from most wars because of it's possible 200' range. A modded hornet is the same as stock, but with a little extra range. A modded Scout can actually be worse than a stock scout in most cases, so I advise against modding it.

Hope this helps, they are all good for just "fooling around the house" with, so it just depends on what sounds good to you and you're friends.

And thanks for using some grammar/spelling. The last few new guys have made my eyes bleed.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#5 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:33 PM

I suggest you buy a nite finder first because modding it is easy or the maverick. Then you should get either a magstrike or longshot. The N-strike unity system has a pistol, a rocket launcher but you only get one missle and includes a 6 shot semiauto hornet, which is very hard to mod so I don't think you should buy it.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:37 PM

Magstrike:
Modded - you can get an extra few feet of range, but nothing special.

50', that's an extra 15' of range modded, not exactly a "few feet."

N-Strike Unity System:
The Hornet is an air-powered shotgun that can fire 6 darts semi-auto or all of the darts at the same time. It has a shitty pump and it can take up to 30 pumps to pump it

30?! It should only take 20 pumps, max. 30 is pushing it with a plugged pump.

Hope this helps, they are all good for just "fooling around the house" with, so it just depends on what sounds good to you and you're friends.

Well put. Just be careful not to break anything fragile with the Titan missile lupo. :D

I hope it didn't seem like I was trying to be a little bitch, I was just trying to give lupo the correct info and fix anything I thought was wrong with your post.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 16 August 2006 - 05:38 PM.

SexD Warves

#7 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:03 PM

50', that's an extra 15' of range modded, not exactly a "few feet."

Is that 50' with bands? I may have to do that.

30?! It should only take 20 pumps, max. 30 is pushing it with a plugged pump.

Then I believe my hornet has a leak or some other problem, as I pump it 30 times, and I have not plugged the pump. Mine won't fire all 6 bullet at 20 pumps, so I just attach it to the titan, pump it, take it off, and then fire it. I will definitely look into fixing that.

I hope it didn't seem like I was trying to be a little bitch, I was just trying to give lupo the correct info and fix anything I thought was wrong with your post.

Actually, I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:05 PM

The amount of pumps that the Magstrike requires I would say depends. My Titan required 20 pumps before the release valve used to kick in, but other people only needed 15. I think variance between manufactured pumps will result in a differing amount of pumps necessary for each gun, especially when alot of pumps are required to begin with.

~ompa

#9 lupo92

lupo92

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 07:37 PM

thanks, i think im going to go with the magstike but it seems best at stock, and i dont want to mod my guns, just want them to last...

#10 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 01:26 AM

With the right kind of darts, The magstrike can be an extremely effective weapon. My advice, Go buy a set of 20 Sonic Micros to go with the Magstrike.

They're the most aerodynamic Dart that Nerf makes, and when put in the Magstrike, they can be terrifying. Not only do they increase the range to about 50' (stock, unmodded) but they can completely psych out an unexpecting opponent.

Hearing the woosh of a stock Suction dart as it goes by your head is scary enough. Now make that woosh a high pitched whistle. First time it happened to me, I literally fell to my knees. Definately worth the money.

When used Properly, the Magstrike is actually a very good weapon. short bursts of 2 or 3 are your friend. they go farther and are more accurate.
"I Am Become Death. Destroyer of Worlds"
- J. Robert Oppenheimer (Upon the first successfull detonation of an atomic bomb)

#11 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:23 PM

I think most everyone was overlooking the new to nerf and indoor play he mentioned in his first post. I say since your new and looking to have a lot of fun indoors go with the dart tag line. It is a nice transition between airsoft and paintball. You get the accountability of a dart sticking to a strike zone, plus the ability to play in the house with a smaller chance of breaking something, that all depends on how you play I guess. Either way have fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users