Flash Flood Mod

Does it work?

16 replies to this topic

#1 Penquin SniperPOW

Penquin SniperPOW

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:25 PM

I saw a mod using a Flash Flood water gun recently. All the guy did was stick a 1/2" Pvc barrel on it, used the top thing that lets loose the whole tank, and said it shot 120'! I'm wondering, would this really work? :huh: It sounds awesome, but I don't wanna get it and find out it don't work B)
"Why, because I wanted to."

-Some guy has probably said this(maybe an army general)

#2 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:51 PM

People have been converting Water guns to Nerf Guns for a long time. I cant see why it wouldnt work :P

Just make sure that your seals are all airtight.
"I Am Become Death. Destroyer of Worlds"
- J. Robert Oppenheimer (Upon the first successfull detonation of an atomic bomb)

#3 Penquin SniperPOW

Penquin SniperPOW

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:16 PM

Thanks alot! I needed the support! :P

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:16 AM

It will work, just realize that it will require a large number of pumps to prime.

~ompa

#5 Penquin SniperPOW

Penquin SniperPOW

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:51 AM

How many pumps you think, 15, 20, or possibly 30 :( ? It'd be okay for some pumps, but not for too many.

Also, how's a maverick for a secondary, if I attach it to my belt?

#6 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:39 AM

A hell of a lot more than 30. I'm not usre how big the air tank is, but it could take upwards of 100.

#7 Penquin SniperPOW

Penquin SniperPOW

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:50 AM

Really :( !

It's says it shoots 150', but that'd take alot of pumps, eh?

I doubt it, the tank isn't that big.

#8 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:17 AM

Well maybe a hundred was a bit much, still alot more than 30. It's probably pretty close to 50-60.

#9 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:59 AM

At the least, if you want to get like 150', it would more take 50-60 pumps. I converted my best friends flash flood and it takes so many friken pumps. I didn't open the thing at any point in time when I was modding it but I think you acually are pumping into both of the two airtanks. So, I would get rid of one so that you get it primed in less pumps. (I've always liked the look of the two air tanks though...)
David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#10 Penquin SniperPOW

Penquin SniperPOW

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:37 PM

But, If you took out one air tank, the max range would probably be only like 80' or so(that's still pretty good though).

Your right, it looks nicer with the other tank(in my opinion).

Edited by Penquin_Sniper(POW!), 15 August 2006 - 12:38 PM.

#11 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:51 PM

One tank is for water and one is for air, at least that's the way mine works, but it's not a Flash Flood. Removing the water tank probably wouldn't hurt anything as long as you plugged the hole leading to it to seal in the air. Ask ompa though, he's much more experienced with these than me.

Another great Supersoaker to mod is the XP70. That was what I used, they cost about $10 and only take fifteen pumps to get upwards of 80' if done correctly. All I did was chop off the nozzle and add a coupler and now it shoots great.

Good luck with it, those can be fun guns to play with.
SexD Warves

#12 madman99

madman99

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:59 PM

What if I took 1 inch styrofoam cubes and put them in the main airtank, would it lower the amount of pumps required for a good long shot?

"When I say jump you ask how high. Then I punch you in the nuts and say this high"
"when I say jump you ask how high, then I hit you in the nuts and say "this high!"

#13 NerfGnome

NerfGnome

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:02 PM

What if I took 1 inch styrofoam cubes and put them in the main airtank, would it lower the amount of pumps required for a good long shot?

You would probably get less range if you did that.

I personally think that converting water guns sounds fun, but would be impractical in a war because of the ridiculous amounts of pumping required to fire a single shot. A BBBB would work just as good, and would require only 6-8 (I'm not exactly sure) pumps.
"Women are like Parking spots. The good ones are taken, and the only open ones are handicapped."

#14 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:14 PM

What if all of the new users would stop necroing old topics, like this one that hasn't been posted in for over 18 months, would it lower the amount of users that VACC and the rest of the admins have to yell at and suspend?

Read the date of a topic's last post before posting yourself. If the topic isn't on the top 2 pages, chances are it is old.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#15 NerfGnome

NerfGnome

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:24 PM

What if all of the new users would stop necroing old topics, like this one that hasn't been posted in for over 18 months, would it lower the amount of users that VACC and the rest of the admins have to yell at and suspend?

Read the date of a topic's last post before posting yourself. If the topic isn't on the top 2 pages, chances are it is old.

Sorry about that, It sort of just passed over my thoughts when I saw this topic.
"Women are like Parking spots. The good ones are taken, and the only open ones are handicapped."

#16 Uterly

Uterly

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:41 PM

Sorry about that, It sort of just passed over my thoughts when I saw this topic.

He wasn't referring to you. It seems like a new topic when the last post was today, but it is more to new kid's fault than yours

Edited by Uterly, 05 February 2008 - 10:42 PM.

#17 Bonzipon

Bonzipon

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:12 PM

I have a flash flood water gun, and it only takes 24-30 pumps, depending on how much water is in it. Just thought I'd let you know. By the way, you can convert almost any water gun to a nerf gun. As an added bonus, if you do it right, you can change it back and forth between the two if you really wanted.

BonziPon
I'm with the vampires of course.

Rawr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users