Put Them To Shame!
Posted 13 August 2003 - 08:17 PM
I just had this idea. I want to make a gun that would have ROF and accuracy that would be as yet unequaled by any nerf gun. This gun would be home made of course, and it would be in the basic form of a WW2 stationary machine gun. That would be what it would be like, accept it wouldn't be from that era and would fire stefans.
I'm thinking it should use a chain system and perhaps a motorized pump. It would take forever to load of course, but once you pulled the trigger, there would be nothing between your enemy and a painful barrage of about 100 stefans hurtling towards him at blinding speed. Ow.
This gun would have lots of disadvantages, but you know it'd be worth it as a defensive weapon. It would also be useful to keep the enemy pinned down while someone moved into position.
About that motorized pump, I don't know if all of you have one, but my dad does.
I really hope this will work. I think it could be a community project, since I am unschooled in nerf and some of you could really get into it. Then someone could come along and improve upon it to the point that it could be more portable, efficient, and cool.
Nerf on, Bretheren.
Posted 14 August 2003 - 07:50 AM
2. difficult to build
by all means go for it.
My advice, study how the old ww2 .50 cal guns worked. Try to see if you can figure out a way to integrate your pump system and feed system. You can buy genuine .50 cal ammo boxes at a military surplus store for about $10.
If your serious you have a big project on your hands, but good luck, and people here will probably be able to help if you have any quesetions.
Posted 14 August 2003 - 04:41 PM
Posted 14 August 2003 - 04:44 PM
you would try, but [I]I[I] would blow the who knows what out of you as soon as you moved a lousy fingernail. (it would be able to swivel.)
God that thing would be a monster to lug around, and you'd have to have some coverage, because I would just try to flank you.
Posted 24 September 2003 - 02:11 AM
this has been posted many times before and always the person gives up after hearing the main cons... and no... even if you could swivel the machinegun [depending on your surroundings] you would be sniped, flanked, surrounded easy...
issues at hand:
- barreling this wuold be a near impossible task so you wuold have to have the chain at the end like the layout of a pc [powerclip if u dont no] an maybe have a stepper to a bigger barrel for a bt of guidence, but who wants accuracy with a bloody machine gun
- air comppressors [which would have to be used] cost upwards of $150 in australia at least so yuo wuld really want this to happen, or sell them for a profit
- the thing woould have to be transported around in the back of a ute for ideal lack of movement and wear and tear so you culd drive your car into a big forest or somewhere where you're gonna play
- reloading this thing would be absolute hell and could you really be bothered picking up like 1000 darts after a war or having to reload like 200 at a time...
- to avoid jamming this would probably have to be hand fed to get the perfect angle etc. so a second person wuld be needed [but not vital] and fights wuld also erupt between you two and also your whole team over the usage of the gun...
- not to mention cry-baby nerfers and n00bs alike whinginh about an unfare advantage
- building wouldnt really be too hard and you could save on buying a solenoid because you would only really have to buy a ball valvebecause it wuld be a matter of opening up the valve and pointing and letting loose on the enemy :sinister:
- motorising [or motorizing for you damn yank infidels - lol] damn would actually require a solenoid for the trigger system because you would need to link a simple motor kit to the solenoid for a simeltanious operation, but yeah it would be probably the easiest bit of this, take apart an old toy car... whatever....
- have fun making the chain, thats gonna be like $100 worth of pvc for a fair distance...
quit while your ahead and still have some money left...
Posted 25 September 2003 - 11:39 PM
I am planning on building my own homemade. I went to homedepot and looked around for a ideal trigger. I thought about ball valves, but they are too slow. I thought about hose sprayer handles but they won't make a good enough seal. I then asked my dad about my problem. He told me to look at blow gun triggers. What i mean by blowguns is the kind of valves used for air compressor/blower deal. This would be the idea trigger for the gun. It is call Blowgun safety lever.
building wouldnt really be too hard and you could save on buying a solenoid because you would only really have to buy a ball valvebecause it wuld be a matter of opening up the valve and pointing and letting loose on the enemy :sinister:
The only draw back to this is that you need to figure out how to connect the airsupply sorce to the gun. But it would be easy to use.
Posted 26 September 2003 - 09:14 AM
Posted 28 September 2003 - 04:00 AM
yeah anyway, you can try, try your ass off, but i doubt it, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users