Crossfire "oh Crap!" Barrel Replacement Mod

What to do in the event of an Accident!

5 replies to this topic

#1 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:18 PM

I was trying to do a restrictor removal on my Crossfire. Fairly simple right? Drill out the back of the barrel, and just pull it out!

I wish it was that simple.

Inside the Back of the Barrel is a small lip that the spring rests up against. No biggie, i just grabbed the spring with a pair of pliers and pulled the sucker out.

Now here's the problem. That lip is too big for the Restroctor itself to come out. so i grabbed my dremel and after some creative grinding, i thought i had it wide enough for the restrictor to fall out. No such luck for me. so i just decided that i'd drill the whole thing out. Barrel Post and all. Once i was done with that, i had a barrel with a bunch of melted plastic in the middle.

I tried to pull it out with a pair of pliers. No dice. It wouldnt budge. and it was too far down for my Dremel to reach it.

Aw Crap. I just destroyed my Favorite Sidearm.

so i took out the O-ring (as i do for all of my mistakes) and tried it with a piece of 1/2" CPVC. Perfect Fit, and it's snug! Fits in the original Plunger... thingy perfectly! But how to make it Stay where it is?

Hot Glue! I'll coat the end of the CPVC in Hotglue and cut out a trench for the O-Ring! SO i layed down a thick layer of Hotglue on the end, and used an Ice Cube to shape it down and smooth it. Than with a razorblade, i cut out a trench in the middle of it.

Stuck it in the gun and prayed to god.

Loaded a dart, Pulled the slider back, and "POP!"

the dart fired beautifully, and silently!

Sorry for the lack of pictures, but i didnt document this one. i didnt have the camera at the time. But i do have a pic of the completed gun.

http://img.photobuck...4b/PCDV0054.jpg

If you have any questions, please ask. I'll be more than happy to answer.
"I Am Become Death. Destroyer of Worlds"
- J. Robert Oppenheimer (Upon the first successfull detonation of an atomic bomb)

#2 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:47 PM

Modding the Crossfire is a peice of cake. I litterilly modded mine with brass in 5 minutes, even counting the time for the glue gun to heat up. You open it up, remove the barrel, cut the lip off, and glue your barrel in. Close it up and add more blue for sterdiness. I get good range indoors wtih it (accuracy just sucks oudoors, and it thus lowers the range somehow), so use it for indoor play.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#3 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:53 PM

Modding the Crossfire is a peice of cake. I litterilly modded mine with brass in 5 minutes, even counting the time for the glue gun to heat up. You open it up, remove the barrel, cut the lip off, and glue your barrel in. Close it up and add more blue for sterdiness. I get good range indoors wtih it (accuracy just sucks oudoors, and it thus lowers the range somehow), so use it for indoor play.

Well, i just completely scrapped the entire barrel assembly. made a new Lip from scratch.
- J. Robert Oppenheimer (Upon the first successfull detonation of an atomic bomb)

#4 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:27 PM

I still don't see how you did this. The restrictor is in the barrel isn't? I am trying to remember the internals...I can't because I modded the gun right when they came out, and it's been a while.

As far as I can remember, I can see the barrel have the crosshair style restrintor with a peg coming form the middlel; a regular restrictor in a nerf pistol. And there isn't really a lip. It's just a hole in the plunger tube.

Well, Nerf may have done what they did with the Titan at first. The ones that were just released around me didn't let you screw the barrel all the way off, but I got another one and it came all the way off right away.

They may have different plunger set-ups.

It was just a matter of open, throw away, and glue the hell outta the new barrel. I used 2 inches of brass and get about 60 feet indoors. Like I said, outdoors is just too inaccurate for it to work.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#5 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 11:59 AM

I guess it is different from mine. Here's a Quick Paint Sketch of the internals of the Barrel.

http://img.photobuck...relAssembly.jpg

Hope that helps.

#6 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:24 PM

I did the same thing to my Scout. Except without the o-ring because im stupid. Congrats to doing this mod better than me.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users