Photo

Magstrike Bladder Mod Info

A RF20 bladder...

5 replies to this topic

#1 1313

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:26 PM

With a little cutting/dremeling I replaced the stock Magstrike bladder with an old RF20 bladder. I just barely fits even with the necessary cuts in the end of the "stock". I pump the gun approx. 40 times and am able to get 2 full magazines shot off with a little spare air left over. The overpressure release valve dosent work now so you have to be cautious not to over pump. Range seems about the same, but it shoots a little bit faster. Any comments/questions? Pictures may come if there is a want for them.

#2 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 01:47 PM

If i remember correctly, RF20 bladders have their own pressure valves built in separately. So unless you disabled that one too, you don't run the risk of overpumping.
"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

#3 1313

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:15 PM

Thats correct. However, the piece of plastic that was used to push the release valve on the magstrike bladder is way to small for use for the rf20 bladder. As a result the plastic isnt there and nothing can push the release valve, regardless of the bladders size. I cut a hole to allow pushing the botton by hand if somthing happens however.

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:31 PM

You can only get off 2 clips? Hmmm... I've heard of people getting off 2 clips with a stock magstrike bladder.

Well still a great job! NIce!
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:41 PM

Nerfer 34, you said people get 2 clips off with the stock baldder? How many times do they have to pump? I get only 1 clip off with 18 pumps.
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#6 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:57 PM

HM... I am pondering this. It takes me 18 pumps also...
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users