Photo

Nerf Gun Grenade Launcher

5 replies to this topic

#1 SgtSniper

SgtSniper

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 06:11 PM

What if you had pvc to fit a nerf ball (ammo type),put it on a homemade trigger and plunger assembly and shot balls out of it? It might not be that accurate, but in wars where balls are grenades, it might be useful.

#2 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:16 PM

You mean just a home-made ballgun?

What if you had pvc to fit a nerf ball (ammo type),put it on a homemade trigger and plunger assembly and shot balls out of it?

What about it? It would be about as effective as any other ball-gun. I suppose you could make it unique by adding a bunch of crap to make it look realistic, but you know how people around here take to realistic-looking home-mades and mods.

If you really wanted a 'grenade launcher', I suppose you could come up with some removable mounting system (other than duct-tape) and put some attachments to the bottom of your gun so that you could put on and take off your 'grenade launcher'.

It might be cool if done well, but you're better off with arrows, missles, or just big-ass stefans in wars like that.

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#3 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:30 AM

I potato gun accomplishes the same end results. I had one we made back in HS and I can’t remember the pvc diameter but it fit a nerf ball very nicely and given the velocity it fired very true to target. The problem being that it is not practical to use give it runs off of combustibles. And there is the size issue but I suppose one could be made smaller. I have seen gauntly style guns set off with sparkplugs wired into a firing device but again the size is an issue. If you used a relay switch a nightfinder trigger could send current to fire your gun or multiple ones. I don’t know it just seems like a lot of work that could be spend better on other ideas but hey knock your self out. Just be carefull, combustible firing sources are not something to be taken lightly.

#4 Sponge Nerfer

Sponge Nerfer

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:44 AM

I wouldnt use a plunger assembly, go for pneumatics. When launching large projectiles in nerf they are often meant to freak people out at a long distance so that they dont come near where you are loading your gun or just wanting to keep them away (thats what I use big guns for anyway). a plunger assembly wont really get you ranges of 200 ft so I would use pneumatics, just an oppinion.

-sponge
When in doubt, make a huge nerf cannon of death.

#5 SgtSniper

SgtSniper

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:55 AM

well, it wasnt supposed to be a big gun just a gun that lobbed a ball a short distance.

#6 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:05 AM

At2k valve, PCV pipe in the outside to fit a ball, and add a rail system to the bottom of the gun and the top of the barrel. Shove a ball in, pump the gun up via pump on the 2k inards, and pull the pin (you can bend the pin on the valve to make a trigger). Pull the trigger, and the ball should travel a good bit.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users