At2k Modding

1 reply to this topic

#1 1337hax0r

1337hax0r

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:50 PM

I just have some quick questions:

Can I fit four SCH 40 PVC barrels on an AT2k turret? I was thinking I would put these first, then when i make enough stefans i can insert a 9/16 brass piece right into the barrel without taking anything apart. Would this be an advisable thing to do?

Also, with PVC and micros, all i have to do is drop the dart in the barrel, giving it a little push, and it falls to the bottom? Is this too loose for a pump gun barrel? Should you have to ramrod the thing into a 6" barrel or just drop it in...which provides the optimal friction? Thanks.

#2 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:13 PM

If you are using stock mircos with the suction cup attached, 1/2" pvc will work, but I don't think that there is enough space on the turret to put 4 1/2" pvc barrels on.

But...

If you are using stefans or you are fine with the suction cups outside the barrel, use 1/2" cpvc. I know for a fact that there is enough space to fit the four barrels on.
Also, there are a couple of ways to mount the barrel. The easiest and most efficient way (for me at least) is to take a dremel, and thin the outside wall of the cpvc just enough so that you can (forcefully) place the barrels in the turret. You only have to dremel 5/8" of the length, so it should take much more that 5-7 minutes each.

EDIT: From what I hear, 9/16" brass fits micros a little too loosely. Also, it would be hard to nest 9/16" brass into 1/2" pvc of the pvc won't fit in the barrel, wouldn't you agree?

Dammit, I missed my 300th post...Harrah 301!

And last, but not least, welcome to NerfHaven! Enjoy your stay...

Edited by murakumo32, 09 August 2006 - 03:18 PM.

Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users