Rf20 Super Thread (for Problems And Solutions)->for People Who Used

But now another problem...

4 replies to this topic

#1 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:52 AM

About a year ago, I bought a RF20 from my local TRU. Seven hours later, it "broke down".

After a few cycles, the automatic valve wouldn't open and air would just flow out. A dart wouldn't even leave the barrel.

I finally got to openning the gun, and after playing with the auto valve, it started working. I was in joy as I closed up the gun and primed it. I shot 2 rounds and it died again. WTF...

After openning the gun up again, I found the problem. The o-ring second closest to the turret was in an L shape form. The o-ring slid off the point it was mounted on and got caught in the last part of the auto valve.

I manually moved the auto valve and the o-ring was set back in its original position.

After testing it again, the o-ring slid off yet again.

My question is now, how will I overcome this obsticle?

And for the sake of searching...
RF20
RF20 problem
RF20 problems
RF20 help
RF20 fix
RF20 repair

Give me more search keywords so people can find this thread easily...
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#2 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:43 AM

Well, if the problem is the O-ring coming off, then I'd find a way to try and keep it on. If it's stationary, then use glue.

If it's part of a pump (I don't have an RF20 so "semi-auto valve" doesn't mean anything to me), then it has to move for the pump to work... so find a washer that is small enough tot fit into your pump shaft and large enough to hold on the O-ring, and put it on the end.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#3 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 12:14 PM

Adding another one of the same size or close to the same size should work, like when people add extra o-rings to their plungers these days to support the stock one.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#4 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 12:47 PM

Dont have a RF20. Mine broke in a few weeks. The bladder part split in half somehow. Anyways, it sucks.

#5 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:05 PM

I found that if the fully-automatic switch for the RF20 is pressed down to hard the air just realeases and the turret won't spin. So maybe theres something jammed in it or the knob is turned to tight. For the O-ring problem I'm not exactly sure how to fix that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users