Photo

Flashbang

9 replies to this topic

#1 macaddict

macaddict

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:15 PM

Most of the nerf wars I play involve one team hiding in a dark basement and another team assaulting. So it works out that the hiding team's vision is adjusted to the dark and the assaulting team can't see crud. So I thought that you might be able to take the flash out a disposable camera and somehow wire a button, and a better battery to it. You could also put some electric gizmo on it (maybe a capasitor, I'm not really electronic savy) so that you have a delay between when you press the button and the flash goes off. All that stuff could go into a plastic bottle of some kind with a little weight, and you have yourself a fake flashbang. Any ideas on how to create a couple second's delay?

#2 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:09 PM

But it would hurt everybodyseyes and how are you gonna remember everything in that short amount of time.

Edited by sistermol, 08 August 2006 - 10:11 PM.

Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#3 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:20 PM

I've seen one of these on the net before... bear with me while I find it.

Edit: Here you go: Flash Grenade

Edited by WratH, 08 August 2006 - 10:25 PM.

Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#4 Deaths Avatar

Deaths Avatar

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:32 PM

We had similar wars at my house at one point...I yanked the flash out of my Firefly and strapped it to the front of my NF (using a the NF batteries, but mounted a new switch, had to disconnected the LED). It was cool for about 10 seconds, then it was just silly. Worth a try though...

-DA

#5 tcorr911

tcorr911

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:58 PM

Some Kodak disposable cameras flash when the bottom of it is hit hard, so you could just do that when there are a bunch of people around you to blind them.
Bolt, ye are truly a god among men. Ye have earned yeself a place on Enigma's list of heroes, right below Sean Connery and directly above Papa Smurf...a highly honorable slot indeed.
-Enigma1313

#6 conman1

conman1

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:15 AM

I agree with Death's Avatar, it's probably best to use the firefly. I also have similar wars but its against the rules to use any other light than the nf light.

#7 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 12:12 PM

A better idea?

I use a lightbulb for flashbangs furing night wars. With your eyes adjusted for darkness, the light alone is annoying and it will cause some night blindness (turn the lights off for 5 minutes, then turn them right on, it will burn). I use 4 LEDS actually. I would post you more of a write-up, but I won't sence I am not at home witht he materials do post pics. I WILL post how I made it for you though.

Materials:

-plastic clear ball from gun ball machine toys
-4 white LEDS
-2 AAA batteries
-electircal wire (should be found around the LEDS in Radioshack
-soldering iron and solder (it helps out a lot, but you MAY get away without it)
-hotglue gun and glue sticks
-carbourd
-3volt switch (also found at radioshack)
-dremel
-electrical tape

1. Open the ball up and dremel a hole in the top of the lid to fit the switch in. Glue it in place.

2. Make 4 carbourd walls (so to speak) that fit in the ball together like a cube. Glue them together, not in the ball. Dremel a hole in each wall for the LED to fit in.

3. Heat your soldering iron up, and solder one LED to another with about an inch of wire and finish the curcuit with the switch.

4. Hot glue the LEDs into the holes you made in the cardbourd.

5. With the top off, you need to make the battery. Take your 2 AAAs, and solder them from one negative end to one positive end. Then, solder the batter to the switch. Not an electronics wiz, so I just soldered until I figured teh curcuit out.

6. Use eslectrical tape to hold the batteries together and place them in the middle of the LEDs and wires. If the batteries don't fit and don't allow you to close the flahsbang together, then you may need to dremel a hole in the bottom of the ball to allow it to close porperly. Hotglue them inplace as well.

7. Close the ball up, flip the switch and you should get a desent light out of it. It's a light ball!

I use these mostly in airsoft wars at night. They work good for inlumination when ambushing enemies. When we do airsoft at night, we have a list of eqipment.

In that list we include tinted goggles or glasses (like my welding mask for a bomb squad agent look and I don't have to include it in my gear, for it is part of my suit, thus I get one extra peice of gear>ussually extra ammo). Everyone is allowed to have googles, but they don't have to get them. When dispensing a flashbang, I flip the tinted part of the welding mack down, and (while in this electrical stuff) I made a light to go off in the inside of the mask for my teammates to see, that I have switched to tinted vision. They signal me that they are ready, and I flip a light ball ona dn chuck it into the enemies path. I have made them with push button switches, trigger switches, and even a shock switch (they had 3 of them so I got them) and though they are more bulky than the others, they are wonderful to have. Just make sure you keep them in a pocket that does not allow light to get out, for these can go off very easily if you do not make a pin for them (which I am working on once I get back home). I amy pick some parts up and try to make some to post, but since I will be back around sunday, I might as well wait. The shock switch is just a switch that detects impact (you may call them impact switches as well). I like them all except for the fact that ey go off in pockets while running easily. They blind the enemy better because it gives them less time to adjust to the light. Also affective, are traps. Since I ussualy pick the bomb agent (must deactivate the bomb), I have bomb planting skills, so I can set up traps. They ussually consist of a water bottle that is emtpy with the light ball set-up, curcuited to a sound activated alarm. For the sound, I used one of the wildplanet spy motion alarms in the bottom on the bottle so the sound goes right to the switch, not only can we hear it and know where someone is, but it can bling them temporarily for us to move in on his position. As soon as we get some money together, we plan to buy a few sets of the wildplanet lazer trip wires so that we can have someone hold a HQ position and radio to the leaders (me and the commander) that there is a breech. It's very milsim in the positions and such, yet its real airsoft like in the way we shoot at people. Its a matter of run and fire every shot you have, then reload while asking if anyone is hit.

I haven't had a night war in nerf yet, but I really don't see it happening. Maybe a low light war, or an indoor no light war, but it would be mayhem to try to fire a nerf gun in the woods with no light. It would be hard to dodge the shots, thus the game would be too easy to hit people. But for those who play milsim Nerf, this would be ideal.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#8 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:40 PM

I haven't had a night war in nerf yet, but I really don't see it happening. Maybe a low light war, or an indoor no light war, but it would be mayhem to try to fire a nerf gun in the woods with no light. It would be hard to dodge the shots, thus the game would be too easy to hit people. But for those who play milsim Nerf, this would be ideal.

You know, you could have saved yourself all that typing. That's the main answer we needed to hear anyway, without the airsoft war stories. Show us a picture of two of those puppies in action, someday, if you can.

To answer your question, macaddict, it can be done, but it isn't the general consensus of the users of NerfHaven to use things like flash-bangs, Claymores, obscuring smoke grenades, CS gas, or any other pseudo-police/SWAT/GSG-9/Navy Seals/Delta Force typed accoutrements when Nerfing.

Generally it's blaster (or blasters), darts, eye protection, and a whole lot of fun thrown in. But if it floats your boat, you've got some ideas to try now! Good luck on it.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#9 ledzepp2994

ledzepp2994

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:36 PM

Most of the nerf wars I play involve one team hiding in a dark basement and another team assaulting. So it works out that the hiding team's vision is adjusted to the dark and the assaulting team can't see crud.

This may be pointless but could be useful
if you are in your own house I repeat in your own house you could rig a new switch in to the circuit that the basement lights are on and when you go in to assault just flick this switch on and presto instant blind ness to all this isn’t really a flash bang but it would work and if you don’t have sheet rock up on the basement wall like many people then its pretty easy.
Dude, Jimmy Page is my hero... ok so humm... I have to add Trey Anastasio he is my neighbor and I have known him for many years but I just saw him own like 10 people on stage with crazy solos.

Stairway is not the best song of all time... don't get merried to it you fool

Nerf it up!!!

#10 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:35 PM

ledzep, I think I've had to mention this to you before, so I don't want to have to do this again. You need to work on your posts.

You need the following:
Capitalization
Punctuation

You need to quit doing the following:

Run on fucking sentences that go on forever and like forever and like forever and maybe a little longer but without any punctutation to end a clear thought because they like piss off the moderators because they make no sense and that would result in you getting suspended for the next 9999 days I hope you understand this because that's how you just wrote.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users