Photo

Help! My Magstrike!

9 replies to this topic

#1 littlenerf

littlenerf

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

Please help! My magstrike is broken! After i've pumped it, when i try to shoot, it makes the sound of air releasing, but it doesnt shoot. The clip does go up a little bit but the darts don't move. My guns not modded and now im just about to open it, so i've got no pics yet. please help!

#2 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:28 PM

Ahh, the exact same thing that happened to my Magstrike.
My solution? Well, I don't exactly now. Look into your gun through the spot where the clip goes, see that white thing with the green triangle-like piece on the end? That's the clip advancer. What I did was unscrew the green plate over it, then just kind of tinker around with that clip advancer piece. Maybe take it out, and push the green triangle piece towards you. So, if the piece in it's spot where it's supposed to be, you will be pulling it out, it should move a tiny bit. Then just reassemble everything, but don't screw the shell on. Just hold it on or put tape around it. Test it out, if it works, great. If it doesn't, tinker around with it some more. It took me a couple tries to get it to work.

Edited by Retiate, 16 May 2007 - 11:14 PM.

#3 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:36 PM

Had this happen to two Magstrikes of mine. I figure the pump isn't putting up enough pressure, so some air enters the bladder, which is released, thus creating a hissing. Not enough air is there to advances the mag and fire the darts. Look into CS's backpack mod, or replacing the stock pump, which is really shitty.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#4 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:16 PM

Not enough air is there to advances the mag and fire the darts. Look into CS's backpack mod, or replacing the stock pump, which is really shitty.

I fixed it without having to do anything to the pump. I just had to fix the mag advancer.

#5 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:23 PM

That could be the problem, but CS and I had a chat about it, and since there is no check valve for air-intake, the O-ring moves to allow air in, but it doesn't always seal on the return trip. Thus, air leaks out (taking the path of least resistance).
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:28 PM

Easiest fix: Return it
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:22 PM

I also just had to fiddle with the mag advancer on my third MS. I had to fiddle with the mag advancer on my first one for too long and eventually returned it.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#8 nerf neil

nerf neil

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:59 AM

Right! Keep the clips amd darts and return it and you have 2 extra clips and 20 extra darts.
I LIKE TO SHOOT PEOPLE WITH NERF GUNS!

ROCK 'N' ROLL!

#9 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:25 PM

Right! Keep the clips amd darts and return it and you have 2 extra clips and 20 extra darts.

They usually open the box to make sure everything is returned, and judging not only from all the free space, but also from the pics on the box, they won't accept it.

#10 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:08 PM

They have a word for that. It's "stealing".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users