Photo

Best Environment?

6 replies to this topic

#1 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:38 PM

I know I sound noobish, but what is the ideal location for a nerf war? Just so you know I have reason to be noobish since I'm only like 13. I want to have a war but don't know where to have it besides my backyard. Could you please help me out here?

Edited by trogdor65, 04 August 2006 - 11:39 PM.

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:26 AM

I'm only like 13.

Smoooooth. That means you were only 12 when you registered. Sorry, I just thought that was funny when you said it.

People need more info to help you: what kinds of guns will you be using, what kind of combat do you like, are you concerned about losing darts? Are you allergic to poison ivy? :P

Yeah, need more info.
SexD Warves

#3 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:17 AM

I'm only like 13.

Smoooooth. That means you were only 12 when you registered. Sorry, I just thought that was funny when you said it.

People need more info to help you: what kinds of guns will you be using, what kind of combat do you like, are you concerned about losing darts? Are you allergic to poison ivy? :P

Yeah, need more info.

Well yes I was 12 when I registered but I never really did any posts, but now I started out again. Any way to the point. I have some guns a powerclip, RF20, DTGs, N-Strike, a ball gun, a nitefinder, a AT2k. I have a maverick and a sharpshooter 1 that are broken. I like pistols and rapid fire guns, but never really use them because I always have played in my backyard, and I can't play inside because my house doesn't reall work for it, and my mom doesn't want me to. Yes I do not like losing darts. No I'm not allergic to poison Ivy. Thanks for responding. :D

Edited by trogdor65, 05 August 2006 - 11:19 AM.

#4 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • State:California

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:17 PM

I really like playing at parks that have jungle gyms and the what-not. But also I've found hikeing trails to be really fun too. Then again this is just my opion. Why don't you go out and expirment with what you like. None of us can.

#5 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:42 PM

Thanks for the help I have a few ideas of places to nerf so thanks bunches! :D

#6 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:29 PM

I have never had a nerf war outside. My house is kinda big, it's perfect.

#7 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 01:59 PM

Just look around your town for places that look interesting. The way I go about finding locations is relatively simple. I go to http://maps.google.com and click on "Find Businesses" on the left. Then I type in "Parks near Glendora, CA" or "Schools near Glendora, CA". You'll just have to put in your own city and state. Then go to sattelite view (top right of map) and click on the locations in the left column that seem interesting. Zoom in to 2-3 bars from the top and pretty soon you'll come across a place that looks interesting.

Still, when you're in the car driving around with your parents or something, just keep your eyes open. I was daydreaming in the back of the car on the way back from a doctor's appointment when I noticed we were passing an elementary school that looked a bit intruiging. I noted the school's name and asked my dad what street we were on. I remembered that, and a few days later I drove myself back over and walked around the campus. Two weeks later Armageddon was held there.

Just keep your eyes open. Generally, the more complex the place is, the better. The more buildings and junglegyms and trees packed into one place, the better the place will be for close, engaging firefights. Variety in ground level is one of the best things for war locations. If there is a raised portion of ground (ie. concrete that is above the level of the grass or more concrete) then there will be even more places for people to hide. I still haven't found a place that I can call perfect yet, but I keep getting closer all the time. Right now, Cullen elementary School's Urban Grid is the best place I've played at for standard rounds.

Good luck in your search! Finding a good location can be a challenge, but if you play often enough, you'll know how you and your friends like to play so you'll know what sort of terrain you need to be looking for and you'll have a keen eye for noticing excellent playing areas in no time.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilývatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users