Another Mn Nerf War

I think the title says it all...

37 replies to this topic

#1 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:51 PM

Ok so I along with several other nerfers think that we should have another nerf war. So I’m thinking middle of August between the 19th and the 25th from noon and 6-ish. As for the location; my uncle has a 78+ acre lot out a little bit outside of Chaska (don’t worry it ain’t no farm land but it is surrounded by some). It has a bunch of wide open fields and a huge densely wooded area with paved paths going through it. It also has several garages and buildings we could play around. My uncle has several ATVs, a few Gators 9not the (animals obviously) and a go-cart all of which he would most likely agree to let us use if we agreed to not drive too recklessly. I will get pictures up as soon as I get a chance to get out there and put directions up ASAP. So please state which days you would be able to go and anything else you might need to say. B)

Edit: Oops I forgot to say what to bring :P You should bring two primary weapons (Incase one of them breakes) as well as two pistols, and one sidearm (which can be one of the pistoles) Bring as many stephans as you can that fit your gun. I will bring a hot-glue-gun (with sticks) some superglue and several different sizes of screw drivers.

And because it is such a huge area that we will be playing on I am going to allow the Titan but only for use in a situation where the person shooting is atleast 100 feet away from the person recieving the shot. But I will bring some Disney band-aids just incase we need to heal a boo-boo cuz we all know that they can heal any ailment.

And Janga why the heck would you need a Titan when you can just use your RZB?

Edited by elf_avec_gun, 02 August 2006 - 04:19 PM.

"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#2 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:42 PM

For now I am only going to ban one gun: the Titan

Thank god, at least I can bring my single barreled brass Big Bad Titan I got at Target.

Just kidding, I haven't got the single pack, or found it at Target, OR even modded my original N-Strike.

But, I'm down for a war, let me check my work schedule when I get back to Winona and I'll let you know. Carrtoon, what about you?
"The 'dance goes on..."

#3 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:49 PM

Count me as a maybe. The 19th probably works best. I'm not sure who I can get to come, but maybe like two or three other people. I could get more, but we all know how that turned out last time. If Janga and Carrtoon come, I'm much more likely to attend.
How far away is it from the cities?
Is the Titan banned no matter what? What about if it shoot Arrow segments, or has a shotgun attachment?

#4 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:07 PM

I don't think the Titan should be indefinitely banned. I say that you just bring one if you have it along with a spare in case, and then we can test fire on Janga's stomach to see if it's too powerful.

Otherwise, we can always just limit the pump amount (IE, when playing indoors with my Sm5k, we limit to 2 pumps -- and if you use more, no more Sm5k for you).

Try not to make it on a Tuesday because Tuesday's are Latin Dance days at Famous Dave's, and I'm trying to get one of those in with some friends before school starts up again...

Vehicles would make things interesting. Courses could be twice as big...
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#5 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:09 PM

You can use the Titan to shoot the missles that it was ment to shoot or you could mod it to shoot BBB arrows. But personally I dont see the point in useing them instead of darts. But I think that I might alow one per team because it is such a huge area that we will be playing in. What say you?
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#6 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:54 PM

I don't mean shooting BBB arrows, I mean shooting stefans made out of BBB arrows.
Like this. Mongo Stefans!
But, I'll probably have multiple different Attachments. But yeah at least one titan per team sounds good.

Flaming Hilt: When did we stop test firing at your stomach? Latin Dace Days?! That's the funniest thing I've ever heard.

You should proabaly limit the ATVs and such: A: because people could get F---ed up B: it could just turn it in to a game of drive bys.

Also if we could get a date set by this weekend, I should have plenty of time to let my homies know.

Peace out Dawgs

#7 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:07 PM

So far it looks like sat the 19th will work the best. I dont think we have to worry about the drive by thing because most of the paths arent wide enough for two 4weelers but yea I think one gator and one 4 weeler per team is good. But if you cause property damage you WILL be held accountable so we are going by a 'you break it you buy it' policy.

Got Nerd?

#8 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 08:35 PM

So far it looks like sat the 19th will work the best. I dont think we have to worry about the drive by thing because most of the paths arent wide enough for two 4weelers but yea I think one gator and one 4 weeler per team is good. But if you cause property damage you WILL be held accountable so we are going by a 'you break it you buy it' policy.

Oh so the ATVs and such are limited to paths? Ok then. Can we get some directions. or at least a driving time estimate?

#9 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:13 PM

"Flaming Hilt: When did we stop test firing at your stomach? Latin Dace Days?! That's the funniest thing I've ever heard."

Uhm... y'know... that was... mean... (?) and... JANGA'S stomach... don't you remember at the end of NO SPAM, I thought I had my SOBR-P loaded so I asked him to let me shoot him with it?

Yea... it's more like "we have a dance floor, and we play Latin music, so if you get food you can dance on our floor" day.... What, do you have a problem with people who know how to dance Latin? You gotta admit, the Tango is pretty cool *cough-sexy-cough*...
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#10 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:54 PM

Where exactly is Chaska? Is it near a city, like Duluth, or St. Paul?

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#11 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:11 PM

It sounds like you guys had fun at SPANO. Makes me wish I was there.

Anywho this war would be a push too. I do have an interesting proposition though. I will be living in St. Paul this next year and this fall we could get a few wars in; maybe at the same location as SPANO was. I will be down there around Sept. 1st. I realize school begins for most, if not everyone, but maybe we could set aside a weekend for another one? I'm really itching to dust off my BBB and shoot someone, so let's organize something like that later.

AODL - Chaska is pretty much right next to Shakopee, southwest of Eden Prarie, Shorewood, and Minnetonka. Maybe a half an hour drive from the Twin Cities. I've spent some time down there before and I know my way around a little bit.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#12 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:11 PM

Flamining Hilt: Sorry, just picturing you dancing is hilarious.

I have to work on the first at the fair on the 1st, but sometime after that would work maybe.

Edited by sam, 02 August 2006 - 10:14 PM.

#13 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:29 PM

As long as school doesn't require too much of my free time (it shouldn't in the first quarter), I would be more than happy to go to another NOSPAM on a weekend. A long weekend... even better.

"Flaming Hilt: Sorry, just picturing you dancing is hilarious."

: o` I may have to bring a girl to the next war and show you how it's done... I like to think of myself as rather skilled in the dance area of things, as a matter of fact... but I guess you're entitled to your opinion. : oP

(just in case you missed it: no offense taken. I find it rather funny as well. : oD)
V

#14 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:43 PM

Ok cool.
Yeah the next NO SPAM/SPANO/ anything in my area proabaly won't be until winter (christmas/winter break) if you guys want to play at an indoor paintball place, or maybe a lazer tag place. Basically becasue of school and school related issues. Hopefully I'll be able to have at least one war/event during the school year but I won't know if one is possibl euntil school starts.

Although there will be more events next summer for sure, proabably like once a month.

#15 warx

warx

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:11 AM

I'm interested in both wars, although my status is still fuzzy/foggy/not crystal.
The perfect signature does not exsist.

#16 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:07 AM

Where exactly is Chaska? Is it near a city, like Duluth, or St. Paul?

Do you know where Chanhassen is or where Minnetonka is? The location is about 20min outside of Minnetonka and 15min from Chanhassen.

As for the whole latin dance thing, it is alot of fun and I have gone several times but I prob wont be going again for awhile because I just broke up with my girlfriend but yes I can also dance I know Tango somba, salsa, waltz, some breakdancing, and swing (which is my favorite B) )

Around where Hilt and I live it is very popular/cool for a guy to be able to dance well. And for the record Hilt is a pretty good dancer. :)

Got Nerd?

#17 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:30 PM

Yeah the 19th isn't looking good for me. And I start worknig the next saturday, so unless you want to do it during the week, I won't be able to make it.

Edited by sam, 03 August 2006 - 01:50 PM.

#18 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:48 PM

Ok so the whole stateing "what days would work for you" thing might be a good idea. So everyone who is interested in coming please state which day(s) between Sat. the 11th and Friday the 25th And also list which times would /wouldn't work for you.

I want to make this work.

Oh yea and I am going on a canoe trip through church from tommarow till thursday so if I'm not responding to your pm's that's why.

Got Nerd?

#19 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:36 AM

The 11th is a friday by the way. I cannot come at all on any of the weekends in august. Not sure about anything during the week.

#20 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:21 PM

I suppose it's late notice, but I only found out recently...

I'll be back in the Twin Cities tomorrow (Sunday) if I can manage, staying until Monday or Tuesday. Let me know if anyone will be up for some MN Nerf.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#21 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:32 PM

I'd love to. I can't on sunday, but Monday or tuesday could work.

#22 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 04:51 PM

What's new, all? Any word on Monday working for anyone else?
"The 'dance goes on..."

#23 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:30 PM

Monday works -- I have a dentist appointment at 2PM, so it would have to be either really early or really late. But, it works.

EDIT: Also, the closer the better... (see mappé) I'd appreciate 30 mins or less; but of course I know that may not happen since we're all so far apart. And I dunno how many clan members I can round up in such short a time.

But somebody better decide something, and quick.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 19 August 2006 - 10:35 PM.

V

#24 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:44 AM

Well we know somewhere is the twin cities, we could meet at the place that NO SPAM was at, but we don't necassarily has to nerf there. I don't think any earlier than 12 noon, would work, even later than 12 would be best.

#25 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:26 PM

I could do it any time monday so what ever works the best for the majority. About location If we are in that much of a time crunch yea something closer would be nice. Hilt how do you think the excelsior commons would take it if we did it there? It prob wouldnt be too busy on a Monday...

On a side note does anyone know what happend to Carrtoon?

Edited by elf_avec_gun, 20 August 2006 - 05:04 PM.

Got Nerd?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users