My Progressing Homemades

No pics up yet

6 replies to this topic

#1 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:28 PM

I am currently planning and working on two homemades. One is based of Carrtoons Dtg mod but is housed and pvc, uses and sm 1.5k airtank and will have a bladder made out of 50-60 ballons housed in some pvc. I was doing some test with some screw stefans, I pumped the gun up to about 60 psi and shot at a soda can. It went in one side, came out the other, went through a layer of cardboard and dented the wall. Purty shweet eh? My other design which is still in the planning stage will use a Rapid Fire 20 Cylinder. I will do the mod found on the Merry Men Of Michigan's web page, but instead of stretching the cylinders spring, I will replace with a much more powerful one resulting in a hopefuly awesome shot. The only problem i can think of is that the cylinder might not be able to take the pressure put on it by the new spring. That's all for now. Expect pics in the next day or two.

Compliments, critisms, death threats, they're all welcome.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#2 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:13 PM

Pics would definitely help.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#3 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 06:53 AM

I should warn you, using balloons won't be very dependant.
Because they're Latex, they will start to deteriate after a couple of fills each balloon.
Let us know how these turn out, and yes, pics would do marvels.
Also don't forget that replacing the spring from a RF20 piston with a stronger one will slow the ROF down significantly since there is a regular amount of pressure in that bladder.

-Tidge.

Edited by The Inventor Guy, 08 August 2006 - 06:55 AM.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#4 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:43 PM

I will not use the stock RF20 bladder, I will use a pvc tank connected to a sprinkler valve, eliminating (or so I think) the need for a regulator.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#5 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:33 AM

You must live in some fantasy world or something. Butt land I presume? Sprinkler valves provide no regulation at all. You'd be better off with a ball or butterfly valve, or better yet, an actual regulator. Online at McMaster-Carr you can get air regulators for pretty cheap. I don't see why you wouldn't use one.

If you're going to use rubber tubing too, don't be stupid like most people and use the bladder from an existing Nerf gun. Buy latex rubber tubing from the same link I gave you before. With the right tubing layer combination, you will easily get more power than anything Hasbro has made.

What TIG has described does occur, but not as dramatically as he made it seem. It will take a lot of expansions for the rubber to thin enough to be noticably thinner. And even then, it won't perform too much worse than it normally did. There's always the option of replacement with rubber bladder systems too, something I always recommend. A homemade CPS water gun I made two years ago is on it's third bladder because replacement is good. B)

#6 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:26 AM

What TIG has described does occur, but not as dramatically as he made it seem. It will take a lot of expansions for the rubber to thin enough to be noticably thinner. And even then, it won't perform too much worse than it normally did.

Sorry, I meant that unless you filter the in-going air. :)

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#7 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:46 AM

Sorry, I meant that unless you filter the in-going air. :)

-Tidge.

If you filter the air before use, you'd just waste your money on a filter.

The rubber tubing will thin slowly with use regardless of what it is holding. As long as it is stretching, it will thin. What I was saying is that it does not thin quickly and thinning isn't too bad. The tubing actually does thin faster if you allow it to expand more in width - this is why Larami made the pressure chamber containers of some Super Soakers smaller than the tube can expand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users