Photo

Homemade Shotgun Question

6 replies to this topic

#1 chip tortellini

chip tortellini

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:23 PM

do you guys think I should use shells or no shells for my shotgun? No I am not a noob. Just thought that you guys would have more experence(sp).
ctp. Tim of

UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

"Sic vis pacem, para bellum. If you want peace, prepare for war."

#2 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:14 PM

Is it clip fed?
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

Behold. Helping Bunny on his way, one signiture at a time.

#3 mkg91 0

mkg91 0

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 03:31 PM

Do you manualy load it or is there a storge port for ammo about to be loaded into the barrel after you cock it.
If quizes are quizicals then what are tests?

#4 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:31 PM

Well, you'll need to give out some more information about your "Homemade Shotgun" than simply asking if or if not you should use shells. I could say yes you should use shells if you are planning to use shotgun-stephans, but if you are going slug-style then several systems have come up that do not require shells. It would probably also be good for us to know what kind of propulsion system you are using (spring, air, antigravity, etc., etc.), what kind of barrel you are using, and generally a layout of your design. Maybe not the entire thing in all it's detail, but at least a basic idea of what is going on.

But if you don't plan on giving us all that information, I would say that shell-less is the way to go if you can.

#5 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:28 AM

Ick, don't use shells they take forever to load.

Can you give us more info on this.....Shotgun?

Edited by Megamannt92, 14 October 2006 - 10:28 AM.

Muaha! We aint' no Geocity anymore. Join here! The Foam Universe!

#6 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:50 AM

As cool as shells are, they get lost easily and they are quite a hassle. Plus, you would have to make an ejector system. Dont use shells.

#7 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:13 PM

If you have single slug-type rounds to fire out of your "shotgun," and not pellet-like clusters, then use the shells. The only other reason I could possibly think to use shells is if you keep getting bent darts when you try to load.

Keep in mind that if you use shells, you will have to get a bolt system and extractor, instead of just a plunger. If you want to keep this design simple, then just don't use shells.

P.S.: If you ignore this and make shells anyway, then make sure they are small and light, like brass. Do not use anything bulky, like PVC or anything that is too hard and time-consuming to replace if you get them lost.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users