Restrictor removal

247 replies to this topic

#226 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:03 PM

He said "or drillpress" which is what I use quite frequently.
To drill out the restrictor the safest thing you can use is a drill press with a flat-blade wood-boring drill bit in either 1/2" or 5/8" size.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#227 ZakuAce

ZakuAce

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:55 PM

I just bought one of these and I used this mod. It seems to work pretty good, I can't wait to see what it can do in a NerfWare

#228 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:03 PM

I just bought one of these and I used this mod. It seems to work pretty good, I can't wait to see what it can do in a NerfWare

This thread was one month old, and you contributed nothing. Please refrain from posting things like this just to raise your post count, which is no mark of seniority. Also, please use the Spell Check when you post.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#229 Shadow nerfer

Shadow nerfer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:02 PM

dude dont be a dumbass and post in something thats been dead for a month

Now I wasn't sure if you had or hadn't replaced the barrel, but I thought that you had. So I guess I'll give this myth a PLAUSIBLE.

- Dark Infection on 115 foot NF ranges

#230 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:42 AM

I am so so so so so so very sorry for bringing uot this semi old topic but how do you remove the actual plunger tube? I have tried jiggling, pulling, and all around fidling with it but it won't come out. How in the world do you take out the plunger tube?
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#231 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:35 AM

I just bought the new longshot and, of course, it sucked out of the box. When dry fired, it sounds like no air is being pushed into the barrel. To fix this, I removed the rear restrictor that's blocking the air from getting through. This is the first mod that I have been nervous about. There is a lot at stake here, but it isn't hard to do. I see no need to take out the peg yet, but may need to in the future.

Ok, take the longshot apart. You'll need to get to the plunger tube, so take it out. Once you have the tube in your hand, unscrew the back of the plunger tube, and take out the plunger. When you look inside, you'll see the restrictor with three prongs jutting out of the center of it. You need to cut out only the center, like you would do with an NF restrictor. Cut out the back until the center of the restrictor is flush with the walls. The way I did it was by using a buzz saw bit on my dremel. You can probably drill it out, but I don't recommend it. Once the back is cut out out, you will see the restrictor spring. Take that out. Next comes the restrictor. It has a + on the back of it like all of the other restrictors. I was able to get ahold of that with a leatherman and pull the restrictor out. This should be very easy if you dremeled right. Here's the finished gutted plunger tube from the back:

Posted Image

And the restrictor:

Posted Image

I also added an NF spring and two o-rings to stabilize the stock spring:

Posted Image

Adding the NF spring will make the gun fire louder because it isn't as long as the plunger rod. It bounces and makes noise.

This is a very simple mod to do and it will greatly increase the range of the gun. I'll have video and ranges tomorrow. I also made stefans that work quite well. All that and more tomorrow at noon! ^_^

Cartoon Im a little new at nerf modding and my tools consist of a screwdriver set and hot glue :angry:.
Needless to say I dont have a dremmel drill and I was wondering how I could get rid of the AR without the drill.
thanks

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 22 February 2008 - 01:33 AM.

Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#232 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:43 AM

You could try taking a flat-bladed screwdriver and hammering it through the three supports for the restrictor. If you do that, be wary of bending the bolt, though.

Also, please check the post dates. If the last reply was over a month or two ago, then try PMing the poster or searching instead. Just a heads-up before you get flamed.

Edit:
Omega: He's new. Noobs make mistakes. I told him what he did. I'm sure you've screwed up before, too.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 22 February 2008 - 01:57 AM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#233 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:50 AM

Nail this guy. The thread's been dead for like six months.

Yeah, the screwdriver method should work, but be careful- if you cock up that bolt too badly, you're screwed.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#234 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:21 AM

Use pliers instead. I took needlenose pliers and twisted the three supports and they snapped and everything pooped out like it's supposed to.
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#235 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:49 AM

Cartoon Im a little new at nerf modding and my tools consist of a screwdriver set and hot glue <_<.
Needless to say I dont have a dremmel drill and I was wondering how I could get rid of the AR without the drill.
thanks

You replied to a quote from almost two years ago. On the very front page I direct all members to the code of conduct which you were supposed to read before even signing up here.

The easy solution here would be to private message Cartoon with your question.

Don't reply to this, just PM him.

#236 pengynerfer

pengynerfer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:40 PM

I stuck in a NF (ist generation) spring, but didnt remove the AR. Even so, its range has increased by a surprising amount! i got 35' flat which isnt great, and 57' angled (but not all the way. ill have to try out side later)

Its not great, but it definantly increased power a lot, and range by 10-15'

#237 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:10 PM

Okay dude. This topic is OLD! Read the fucking CoC!!! WELCOME TO HAVEN!!!
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#238 Willz

Willz

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:18 PM

I just bought the new longshot and, of course, it sucked out of the box. When dry fired, it sounds like no air is being pushed into the barrel. To fix this, I removed the rear restrictor that's blocking the air from getting through. This is the first mod that I have been nervous about. There is a lot at stake here, but it isn't hard to do. I see no need to take out the peg yet, but may need to in the future.

Ok, take the longshot apart. You'll need to get to the plunger tube, so take it out. Once you have the tube in your hand, unscrew the back of the plunger tube, and take out the plunger. When you look inside, you'll see the restrictor with three prongs jutting out of the center of it. You need to cut out only the center, like you would do with an NF restrictor. Cut out the back until the center of the restrictor is flush with the walls. The way I did it was by using a buzz saw bit on my dremel. You can probably drill it out, but I don't recommend it. Once the back is cut out out, you will see the restrictor spring. Take that out. Next comes the restrictor. It has a + on the back of it like all of the other restrictors. I was able to get ahold of that with a leatherman and pull the restrictor out. This should be very easy if you dremeled right. Here's the finished gutted plunger tube from the back:

Posted Image

And the restrictor:

Posted Image

I also added an NF spring and two o-rings to stabilize the stock spring:

Posted Image

Adding the NF spring will make the gun fire louder because it isn't as long as the plunger rod. It bounces and makes noise.

This is a very simple mod to do and it will greatly increase the range of the gun. I'll have video and ranges tomorrow. I also made stefans that work quite well. All that and more tomorrow at noon! :mellow:

Nice im gonna do that now!
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#239 Tehmandude

Tehmandude

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:20 AM

You...

Have...

Got...

To...

Be...

Kidding me.

Are they teaming up?

"Read the fucking CoC!!! WELCOME TO HAVEN!!!"

Hello Willz.

Edited by Tehmandude, 29 June 2008 - 01:21 AM.

QUOTE(umdlancer @ Mar 25 2008, 04:29 AM) View Post

If you accidentally clock somebody with a doubleshot, then you're more liable to break the doubleshot than you are to cause serious injury.

PM me if selling a NIB or LNNB LnL.

#240 koolio

koolio

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

is that 3 O rings on the plunger? Awesome mod by the way :D

#241 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:33 PM

Oh come on! (smacks head against wall).

Read the code of conduct.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#242 boom1

boom1

• Banned
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:34 PM

Ughh man koolio you necro did you read what vacc posted man your fucking dead if the admins hear about it I am not ratting you out but someone might.
mystefansdontflystraight stole my sig

#243 bamblack2000

bamblack2000

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:46 PM

Ughh man koolio you necro did you read what vacc posted man your fucking dead if the admins hear about it I am not ratting you out but someone might.

So why the FUCK did you feel that you needed to post? Also, maybe you should talk English not "koolio" language. These fucking new members are driving me insane.

#244 boom1

boom1

• Banned
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:51 PM

sorry.

Edited by boom1, 11 December 2008 - 10:00 PM.

mystefansdontflystraight stole my sig

#245 bamblack2000

bamblack2000

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:53 PM

I was talking about you.

#246 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:55 PM

Bamblack you dumbass I don't know what fucking english your talking about he only missed a damn capital you fucktart and we were warning him.

This topic has been necroed a dozen times. And now you two are gona start a fight or something!? What the hell, stop posting continuously in a necroed thread. A "Hey, dumbass noob, go read the CoC." is all that needs to be posted.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#247 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

Range test

Very, very awesome! 99' was the highest distance. There was a light, swirling wind that could have either helped or hurt the distances. I held the gun parallel to the ground and was using the stock darts. As you can see, the stock darts are extremely inaccurate due to the hole in the hollow rubber tip. The wind throws the dart for a loop literally. Sometimes this helps ranges, sometimes it hurts it. I haven't tried stefans yet, but will soon.

Here is the internal pic of the plunger. A BBB spring plus the Longshot spring is a deadly mix.

Posted Image

{SF3G}pat 2nd Lt., the only reason adding a spring would decrease range would be because the seal wasn't tight enough. Get a tight seal with a strong spring and you'll have one heck of a gun. I think the seal is really good. When you pull back the bolt, a small nub comes up and the next dart drops in. The nub stops the dart from moving forward when you push the bolt forward to get thedart into the barrel. The barrel is only a little bit longer than a dart, so we need to increase that! If you want to see some video of the nub working, say so.

Ryan, thanks for reminding me about that hole. I plugged it and I think it will help. I thought you needed the restrictor to advance the next dart. Am I wrong? You are correct in thinking that this gets at least 100'. I got 99' with stock darts. Add a barrel and some stefans and we may be in buisness!

One last pic of the insides:

Posted Image

All in all, this is the best nerf gun I've ever seen! It's more comfortable, has a better rof, and possibly a better range than the xbow. A must get for anyone going to a nerf war!

Do you know how to take out the barrel peg so it can shoot stefans?
He's my slave. Or he will be. I promise when I take over youtube, I will enslave Uni13. That is all. DBNF

#248 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:21 PM

Yes. You also need to refrain from bringing up old topics, maybe actually read the topic you necroed, and look at the posts above you. Hope that helps.

Woah, sorry. I missread what you said.

Actually, this is something that has bothered me in the past. Go at it with a half inch drill bit. It should fall right out. Hope that helps. I've had this problem before too, and this writeup really doesn't help a whole lot.

Edited by BustaNinja, 24 December 2008 - 02:22 PM.

Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users