Vancouver Area Nerf

Who wants a war in the Lower Mainland?

No replies to this topic

#1 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 09:36 PM

Right, after being contacted by Gaebo on the NHQ forums, we've decided to arrange a small Nerf war. With the help of these forums, perhaps we can arrange a larger one. Anyone in the lower mainland of BC, or really anywhere, is welcome to attend. This is going to be centrally a planning thread for all parties involved, to give a graphical representation of availability and such.

I think I'll set a few basic ground rules while I'm here;

Eye protection optional (Pending darts and guns involved)
Cheating will be punished with... Well, kickeage, insult, and all those other fun things.
Homemades are allowed, pending power.

I'm not sure what range limitations Gaebo wants to set on guns, if any, but I'd probably be happy with a 110ft PTG cap, simply to reduce the strength of guns used, and thus the possibility of eye injury. We can argue this out, I guess. I just don't really want to play with any guns that can shatter sunglasses.

I'm fine with any mods or dart types, really, unless they're directly intended for injury. Stefans, arrows, zero darts, Nerf micros... No problems with any of these, just so long as they don't have exacto blades protruding from the tip, sharpened tips, little bits of exposed metal, or anything like that.

Now, the important stuff, availability and location. I still need to rack up some times for my 3 other friends that may be interested in a war, but I know I'm available this Thursday and Saturday, and the following Sunday, Monday, Friday, and Saturday. I think, to make things a bit more convenient, I'll make a calender table, where days unavailable are shaded. From there, some layering could provide superimposing of these tables to find available spots. I'll have these as soon as I talk it over with my friends, which will probably be Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. Sorry about the poor availability, Gaebo, but myself, and most of my friends, work fairly regular jobs, so this is going to be one of the harder areas.

Location; I'd suggest Mission's Centennial Park, given it's mostly abandonned at all times, while at the same time offers many different environments (crowded woods, creeks, fields, hills, playgrounds, tennis courts, and a large building at the top of a hill), but that's a bit of travel for your people in Burnaby. I'm just worried about the number of people that are going to be at any other parks. Scout out some places, and I'll see if I can check them out on some of my off days.

If anyone else wants to join in, speak up. Same goes for any additional rules or locales, and availability info.

Also, while I'm here, what is your friends' age group, Gaebo? My friends and Myself are all roughly 18. Also, are you guys going to be using modded guns or homemades? We're probably just going to be using modded guns, two integrations, maybe one or two hybrids, nothing special. Info would be handy, for team balancing details.

I'm going to post mirrors of this topic on NHQ, NE, and Nerf Center, for good measure.

Hope we can plan a relatively cool war.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users