Photo

Where Do You Nerf?

34 replies to this topic

#1 Bone

Bone

• Banned
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:48 PM

Edited by Bone, 26 July 2006 - 05:47 PM.

No.

#2 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:55 PM

Shit where is that? I think it is near me but I am not sure. Where you from?

#3 Bone

Bone

• Banned
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:01 PM

Illinois

Edited by Bone, 26 July 2006 - 05:10 PM.

No.

#4 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:34 PM

Dang! I wish that I lived "1 hour from you"
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#5 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:34 PM

Were located in the marvolous town of Dixon Illinois, It's around 1 hour from you.

Oh yeah, that's right. I fogot. That looks like a park that they tore down a couple of years ago. Looks like a neat place and looks like fun. There are sure a lot of places to hide. We Nerf at the bowling alley over here in Wheaton. I'll get some pictures tommorow of the place so I can show the rest of you guys. I have to work tommorow...Damn.

#6 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:45 PM

We had a park a lot like that in my town that we always wished we could nerf at. The problem was that it was LITERALLY across the street from our main Police Station so they obviously would not have allowed us if we tried. Thats awesome that you guys can nerf there cause like i said, we wish we could get onto a site like that.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#7 Bone

Bone

• Banned
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:56 PM

Edited by Bone, 26 July 2006 - 05:49 PM.

No.

#8 tcorr911

tcorr911

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:19 PM

I usually nerf inside but, there is a park and a school just a couple feet from my house, in Western Springs IL (just an hour 20 minutes away from Bone, I would come but, i can't drive sorry ^_^ ).
Bolt, ye are truly a god among men. Ye have earned yeself a place on Enigma's list of heroes, right below Sean Connery and directly above Papa Smurf...a highly honorable slot indeed.
-Enigma1313

#9 Bone

Bone

• Banned
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:30 PM

Edited by Bone, 26 July 2006 - 05:50 PM.

No.

#10 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:36 PM

Damn man, Illinois? I live there! Let's see...1 hour 48 minutes. If there is any big wars held there, I think I may come.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#11 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:42 PM

Damn man, Illinois? I live there! Let's see...1 hour 48 minutes. If there is any big wars held there, I think I may come.

Where you located at?

#12 Bone

Bone

• Banned
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:47 PM

Edited by Bone, 26 July 2006 - 05:52 PM.

No.

#13 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:58 PM

As stated above would any one want to have a war here? Also tcorr dad drives you drops you off and then goes clubing?

If you could make it a big war -- with at least, say, 25-30 people -- I'd might be willing to drive down. Illinois isn't that far away...

Carpool anyone? Carrtoon, I'd drive right past you...

Otherwise, I usually nerf indoors, which provides enough fun for our clan. Nice railing that drops onto a couch (I live in a split-level), chairs to pull over for cover... I think it's better than some outdoor locations.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#14 Jikman

Jikman

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:05 AM

That place seems excellent for Close Quarter games! I wish my local nerf sites were that nice.

I usually nerf at local elementary schools. My friends and I were caught up in the Maverick trend earlier, so all of us only have short range guns. We play on the school's jungle gym, but it is spread out and nowhere close to as nice as your site.

Besides parks and schools, where else would be a good place to nerf?
"A casual stroll through a mental asylum shows that faith proves nothing."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

#15 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:29 AM

Looks like a fun place to war. I live about an hour away, so I'm up for a war. That "fort" looks great for close quarters battles. Perfect for my dual warthogs. :)

#16 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:06 AM

On the topic of the thread, I nerf around school buildings, and on occasion go to grassy parks with lots of trees. But me usually stick to clusters of modular/portable buildings with ramps and rails and such that we find on local elementary school campuses.

But to answer your question, that place looks INCREDIBLE. People DREAM about finding war locations like that. Hot DAMN.

The only problem is that a lot of people (it appears) would decide to hunker down in one spot and make it a standoff with a team on the ground behind cover lobbing foam while the other team took potshots. The walkways might be a bit too narrow to make it an assaultable location, as anyone who can point a gun straight enough to not hit the walls would be able to shoot at an opponent and not miss. Around portables in schools and such, there is a lot more room between walls to move so that you can dodge and be standing more than 1 or 2 people across. But after playing maybe 1 round in a place like that, I think just about anyone coming from any different playing type and terrain would be able to adapt themself enough to be able to find cover in such limiting places and the game could be made to be fast-paced regardless. If you kept yourself mobile enough, I think that place would simply become an extremely intricate network of cover where you could lose track of opponents VERY quickly, which has the potential to keep everyone on their toes rather than just holeing up in a tower with a couple quadded 2k's and a crossbow hoping to keep the other team at a safe distance.

But in answer to your question:
I don't live in Illinois. But I'd be willing to fly my ass out there just based on the photos above to play there, provided enough people were going to be there. The place looks awesome.

Edited by Falcon, 26 July 2006 - 10:10 AM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#17 Maverick Master

Maverick Master

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:25 AM

Looks like a fun place to war. I live about an hour away, so I'm up for a war. That "fort" looks great for close quarters battles. Perfect for my dual warthogs. B)

:lol: :)

Looks like a great place to nerf. I also live next to a elementry school that looks somewhat like that but more open. I live in New York so I think the war is a little out of range for my guns so to speak. And I can't drive yet.
Cpt. Brian Scott of UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

Alias Scoped loser (+)
(.)(.) :)

LordofTheRings434
"In a sense, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't waste your time handling your balls. Go for the foamy rods instead."

#18 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:06 PM

Now that I think of it there is a place like that near where I live! My family calls it the french park but I dont know what it is actually called. It is like a four or five level structure and its like that one only it is mainly climbing ropes/ nets. It is amazing and it is (approximatly) 40min to an hour away from miniapolis. the funny thing is that my dads aunt and uncle used to own the land but they sold it. I will try and get some picks up soon. The one problem is that you need to be a member of the park to get in so I would need to like ferry people in (and afterwards out) by the carfull. but the good thing about it being private is that I think one can rent it out!!! But they might not allow toy firearms on site but we could probuly work with them and affew release forms later... you get the picture.
or another place that I thought of is this really big park its like ten times the size of a normal jungle gym at the average elementary school it has like three main parts with this big pit inbetween that you slide down to and then to get out of it you climb up nets or on one side you go under a bridge and up this really steep rubber coated hill. And Im sorry about the lack of pictures the next chance that I get I will go and take some. alot of the parks around where I live are fairly large and elaborate because the city as a whole is pretty wealthy.

Edited by elf_avec_gun, 26 July 2006 - 02:40 PM.

"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#19 Wild Boys

Wild Boys

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:02 PM

I usually Nerf indoors and in very small outdoor areas.

This may change soon though, as my local LakeSide Village shopping outlet is the perfect place to have a Nerf gun war, and hopefully if I get enough people to Nerf then this could be the place to do it. Most of it shuts at around 7pm and then its empty almost. Its a certainly a good place, all I need is to get a few things cleared up first.

Anyway, pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are only a few pictures of the place, I have loads more to put up soon when I transfer them.
BTCC For The Win!

#20 Jikman

Jikman

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:36 PM

Personally, I think it's too open. It tends to give long range guns advantage, and a possible stand-off with players standing still outside of each others' range.

I am still amazed at OP's pictures...that place is so ideal.
"A casual stroll through a mental asylum shows that faith proves nothing."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

#21 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:00 PM

As stated above would any one want to have a war here?

If you could make it a big war -- with at least, say, 25-30 people -- I'd might be willing to drive down. Illinois isn't that far away...

Carpool anyone? Carrtoon, I'd drive right past you...

Otherwise, I usually nerf indoors, which provides enough fun for our clan. Nice railing that drops onto a couch (I live in a split-level), chairs to pull over for cover... I think it's better than some outdoor locations.

I would come too if my parents arent being asses.

And as for the indoor wars in his house I agree that it is better than some outdoor locations because there arnt any mesquitoes (which are a pretty major problem around here) they are the siz of birds.

Got Nerd?

#22 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:01 PM

People DREAM about finding war locations like that. Hot DAMN.

I dream about other things. I'll give you a hint, they involve thighs and breasts, and I'm not talking about fried chicken. Sorry Falcon, I couldn't resist. :)

In all seriousness, Bone don't screw up and lose your ability to Nerf there. You truly won't appreciate the place until you can no longer use it. Be courteous and don't let the soccer moms have to resort to calling the cops.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#23 Bone

Bone

• Banned
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 04:04 PM

Yes,it is pretty funny looking at all the minivans all lined up in the parking lot. Knowing most people around here i would guess that almost every mom has the cops on speed dial. Just waiting to ruin someones fun.
No.

#24 sniper25

sniper25

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 04:13 PM

mav master were in new york do you live? is it close to crochfester...i mean rochester
so far i just nerf in my yard although i only ever have like 8 people playing at one time. last time i was at my friends we set up a big nerf maze made of couch cushens turned off the lights and added strobes and other cool lihgtings and blasted techno. it was pretty cool.
Mr. pink of ugns

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

#25 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 04:19 PM

Bone, I'd be willing to come down along with some other MNers, especially if Falcon and other west and east coasters come. Probably not this summer but next summer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users