murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:32 AM

NNP website

Episode 1

Episode 2

(RSS feed is not operational)

Edited by murakumo32, 01 August 2006 - 03:07 PM.

Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#2 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:05 AM

I was thinking we should have got nerfmonkey, and other 10 year old nerfers to be the voice of pre-pubescent nerf.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#3 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:22 AM

I had recorded a few Nerf podcasts at the end of last summer. I'm still waiting on when those will be made available by NerfHaven. If you have a reliable feed up and running, I may be willing to send you my content.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#4 Warlock

Warlock

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:41 AM

I had recorded a few Nerf podcasts at the end of last summer. I'm still waiting on when those will be made available by NerfHaven. If you have a reliable feed up and running, I may be willing to send you my content.

Hot damn, Shinny's voice on a podcast? I just might cream myself!
~§~ Warlock ~§~ Of the Lawn Chair Mafia ~§~

"It's so hard to be a fighter when your hands are always tied"
~"Señor Limpio" by Corrosion Of Conformity

Metal Gear?!

#5 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:39 PM

I actually don't have a feed yet, but I'm currently working on it.

Meanwhile...

NNP website!
-or-

#6 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:07 PM

So...what? Is this going to be a daily thing? Weekly? Whenever-ly?

Do people just submit content, or do you pick and choose Nerf-related things from The Haven and the HQ and choose which ones to report on?

Are there other things too, or is it just news directly related to Nerf?

Is it always going to be just a couple minutes, or is it going to turn into a radio-show like event?

Is it always going to be only audio, or will it ever advance to a video thing?

Sorry I'm so ignorant, but I don't know what a podcast is...

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#7 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:14 PM

I'm hoping for this to be a weekly thing, but that all depends on how much good stuff I manage to get.

Please submit stuff, and I will consider putting it on the show. Hey send me a recording of a gun review or something.

If I feel there is stuff that I need to talk about, then I will, but the show is mainly about nerf.

I really had nothing to work with the first time around, but if people submit content, and as I get better, it will be longer, and more kick-ass.

I may advance to video. I have everything I need to do a video podcast (I work on editing a show for my dad The Wu Factor) but for now, I want to stick to audio.

All your Qs were greatly appreciated, pat! And a podcast is like a radio show, but you can listen where-ever, whenever.

EDIT: Does anyone know where I can put my podcast up for download? I need a lot of bandwidth when the show gets bigger and I have more people listening.

Edited by murakumo32, 25 July 2006 - 02:54 PM.

-or-

#8 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:40 PM

Murakumo, what kind of editing software do you use for your videos?
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#9 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:42 PM

I used open source software called "Audacity."

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#10 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:55 PM

I used open source software called "Audacity."

audacity = life
I've used it so many times, im surprised. From recording skype convos, touching up songs, ripping audio from videos and editing songs for dances (adding silence at the end to make it easier to work with) this program has worked perfectly. Also, does anyone know a good open source video program?

#11 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:14 PM

http://sourceforge.n...s=video editing

Sorry if that wasn't what you were looking for. I downloaded Audacity from a mirror found on Sourceforge, it's an amazing place for finding shareware of just about any type. You probably already knew about it but that was the only thing I could come up with to help since it's about the best resource I know of.

Murakumo, if you got more people to be on it, more like a newscast, it would be even better. I love the idea of a Podcast, although I don't have an iPod. I'm sure with each episode you will get better (sort of like diarrheah).

Edited by NerfMonkey, 25 July 2006 - 11:15 PM.

SexD Warves

#12 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:55 AM

When I used it, audacity didn't support mutliple inputs. What you could do is have a conversation, and have each person record. Then one person splices them together. That's the best I ever came up with.

#13 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:19 PM

For videos, I use iMovie (Mac person).

Yeah, Audacity is the best thing I came across, so that's what I used.

Concerning the podcast, if people send me a recording of them that fits the show, I'd be glad to put it in next week's podcast. E-mail me at murakumo32@hotmail.com. Also, if anyone has any ideas that they would like to add to the show, send it to me and I will look into it.

I felt as if the show lacked content, so I ask the community to help me get on track.
-or-

#14 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:35 PM

You'll all probalby think that this is a stupid idea, but I just thought of it while re-reading this thread, so I'm gonna post it.

Remember those old (1920's and 30's) radio shows about Private Eyes and detectives and such? Well, what if we made some kind of parody of those old shows with a Nerf twist. It could be about some Private Eye with some weird name (Obviously, his name would have to either include, or be a play-on-words about Nerf guns), and he's in an Assassins game, or something, and he has to hunt down these guys...

I don't really know what I'm talking about. Last night I was listening to some old Radio shows about this detective, and I just thought that maybe we could somehow work a Parody of those Old shows into this Podcast. It's sort of a stupid idea, and a lot (A LOT) of details would have to be hammered out in order to make a feasible show, but I think that if we could pull it off right it'd be a funny, compelling story, and overall a great addition to this Podcast.

I don't have any recording equipment or anything, so I wouldn't be able to really be a part of this show, but I'd be glad to help hammer out a rough draft of this over PM's or E-mail with anyone who'd be interested in this project.

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#15 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:53 PM

Not bad...but...

You've got to speak a bit clearer, and your sentences begin to dwindle as you come to an end, almost mumbling toward the end.

It could very well be my Creative speakers and subwoofer in my office, that might contribute to the muffled sound, but DAMN, that ending music got REALLY loud since I turned my speakers up a bit... ;) I practically peed my pants when the closing music kicked in.

Yep, more content needed. Don't strain to read off of your cue cards either.

I'm a public speaker, so I guess I'll tend to be really nitpicky on these things.

But really good for the first time! Keep up the work and you'll be a natural!

Shinny, post them podcasts.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#16 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:41 AM

This is very clever and very creative. I suppose also that we could send you nerf-related questions, adding more content to your show? I mean good questions... Kind of like a Q & A.

Keep it up! I like the sound effects too.
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#17 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:55 AM

Thanks Pineapple, I keep this tips in mind when recording the next ep.

I'm not a active speaker, so I really have no experience presenting things. But as I practice, I get better.

Also, I working on new things to put on the show.

Sorry for the extreme loudness, I'm still learning the basics of Audacity.

A Q & A segment would be great! It could be about getting a mod to work, or something. Thanks for the idea. You get credit if I get some Qs in the next show.

Now up for download too! I managed to make a slightly better version with little white noise & a better ending song.

Edited by murakumo32, 28 July 2006 - 02:08 AM.

-or-

#18 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:02 PM

The second episode is up.

Listen Now!
-or-

#19 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:24 PM

Hey, whenever you get a new episode up, don't forget to put it up on your site (http://nerfnerfpod.blogspot.com/)... you're still using that, right?

Anyways, that's what I check and I have a link to it on my site (if you're okay with that -- if you're not, I can remove it)
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#20 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:17 AM

I'm actually setting up a new site because of bandwidth and storage. I'm having trouble getting the feed to work on certain sites. I'll provide a new link this weekend.
-or-

#21 Parapsycho

Parapsycho

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 12:03 AM

Good stuff so far.

The only criticism I have is that it sounds like you are reading from a script, word for word. I'm not sure if this is actually the case, or if it is just your speaking style. If you listen to the radio or other podcasts, most of the time they do not have scripts written out word for word. They usually come up with a topic, then talk freely about it. So, perhaps instead of a script, you could come up with notes of things you want to go over. This doesnt mean you have to improvise everything. You can have very detailed notes, but instead of reading them verbatim, you can add your own voice and style to them. It makes the listener identify with you alot more, and is easier to listen too.

One way to make the above suggestion easier is to have more than one host. With multiple hosts, you can have dialogue going back and forth, which makes things a bit more interesting. Everyone involved can also bring something unique "to the table", and it can bring out information that would not be readily available otherwise. A limitation to this is that the Nerf community is a little spread out and you might not have nerfers near you. If this is the case, you might want to look into voice conferencing programs like Skype. You can record the conversation, edit it for content and length, then post it up. I havent used skype very much, so I'm not sure of the dynamics (like if only one person can talk at a time, and everyone else is muted). If you are interested in that, you might want to post announcements on the NIC to see if anyone is interested in co-hosting.

A really good podcast that I've been listening to is 'Gamer: The Podcasting'. It's about gaming, obviously, but focuses on RPGs and LARPs. You can really get a sense of each of the host's personalities, and it's fun to listen to.

Looking foward to hearing more from you.

Edited by Parapsycho, 06 August 2006 - 12:09 AM.

#22 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 04:54 PM

Yeah, even when I talk to my friends, they think I have a prearrange script for every conversation.

In the case of the NNP, I usually write up an outline of what I'm going to talk about and record the topic. I'm not actually reading word for word from a script, but I am reciting word for word what I want to say (that's why it sounds scripted).

Yeah, even when I talk to my friends, they think I have a prearrange script for every conversation.

In the case of the NNP, I usually write up an outline of what I'm going to talk about and record the topic. I'm not actually reading word for word from a script, but I am reciting word for word what I want to say (that's why it sounds scripted).

I've been working with Skype recently. I'm looking for a good program to record off of Skype, so I could record interviews, conversations, and co-hosts.
-or-

#23 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 06:44 PM

I've been working with Skype recently. I'm looking for a good program to record off of Skype, so I could record interviews, conversations, and co-hosts.

^ Huh?
^

THAT looked scripted. :lol:

Nah, but much better. We all should pitch in with ideas for content also, though.

Give me some time to figure some stuff for yas. Getting better!

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#24 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:05 AM

So have I, but apparently, you can just record straight off the stereo mix into Audacity or whatever sound program you use. Lookout internet, here come the stoned conversations of Lunchable, the HQ mod team, and various other randoms...
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#25 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:02 PM

*nudge*

Any new podcasts, or perhaps a new site to get them from yet?
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users