Photo

Atk3 ?

6 replies to this topic

#1 cowboybibby

cowboybibby

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:39 PM

I plugged the pump and what I think happened was someone pumped it and left it then someone else came and pumped it and now it leaks air... my question is if/when this happens is there a standard place where the air is gonna leak or is it just any random place thanks...

on another note... cartoon's dtg/atk2 mod got me started on a similar mod for the firefly... I was wondering if I should use an atk2 or atk3 internals??

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:01 PM

You mean AT3k and AT2k, not k3 k2.

When you pump the 3k, does it immediately leak air as soon as you pull the pump, or does it leak out of the tank after it's pumped? If it's the former, you've got a check valve problem. This has been brought up before (including by me), so seach around for more help if you need it. If there's a problem with the check valve you'll have to replace the pump.

As for the DTB integration, I can't help. I'm not real good with integrations. However, my singled 3k (I had to do it, it wasn't my choice) gets slightly better range than my singled 2ks used to. I'd say go with that but I'm not sure.

Good luck!

EDIT: That's a check valve problem then, I think, which means replacing the pump.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 24 July 2006 - 11:28 PM.

SexD Warves

#3 cowboybibby

cowboybibby

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 10:57 PM

one pump and the air leaks, the gel meter goes up right after the first pump then right back down...

#4 Master Yogurt

Master Yogurt

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:10 AM

How quickly does it go down? Fairly slowly or right away? Basically, does it seem like it's leaking air or quickly losing air? If it's quickly losing air, you may have busted the bladder, which would be bad. If it's just leaking, it's probably just a sealing problem, which is fixable.
Come to PANO!

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back. The Trooper

#5 cowboybibby

cowboybibby

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:33 AM

it leaks real fast...

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:35 AM

Probably a check valve problem. The fact that the goo-gauge goes up then down means that pressure is indeed at least making it to the chamber, which knocks out the chance that it's a pressure chamber leak; if it was, the goo gauge probably wouldn't go up at all.

You either need to do a tricky check valve replacement or get a new pump. Or just play around with it and hope it somehow fixes itself. It's worked once for me.

And do try to fix your capitalization. Forum rules you know.

EDIT: And as for the firefly; if you can't fix the AT3k, use that. It would be a pain in the ass to cut down a pump and whatnot for use in the AT3k (well ok not a huge pain in the ass but it would still take a little time to find a pump of proper diameter). Otherwise, use an AT2k. Basically because the AT2k is cheaper.

~ompa

#7 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:47 AM

I've had similar problems with all 3 of my AT3Ks. It sucks. Pump should be pretty easy on a singled AT3K, but It would be difficult to deal with the rotation mechcanism on a non-singled one. Where would one find a check valve if he wanted try to replace his? Also does the size of the check valve matter as long as it fits inside the case?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users