Photo

Starcraft?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Bone

Bone

• Banned
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:51 PM

I was just wondering who all here plays starcraft broodwar, online. For those of you who don't know starcaft is a RTS that is made by blizzard. I consider it as the best RTS ever made. My name is Bones[SoW] I play on the east server mainly UMS maps like SoG and Lotr.
No.

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:51 PM

It's far from the best RTS ever. The only way to be good at hte game is to be fast enough to pump out just one unit and zerg. No real tactics. WCIII was a large step up but still suffers from a lot of the sme problems. SC is still one of my facorite games though, I just would dclare it "the best RTS".

I'm waiting for StarCraftII....

#3 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:20 PM

I used to spend my life on that game but I got a xbox 360 so I have moved one from starcraft.
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#4 Bone

Bone

• Banned
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:40 PM

I still love the fact that i can get the whole game and its strat books for only 20 bucks. Ninjz, you must never have played UMS before? It is very addicting. I know what you are saying, but usually people online dont play like that. Also ling rushes can be stopped very easily by a couple of marines or one Z-lot.
No.

#5 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:20 PM

I've played SC before, but I found out it was too addicting. I've played a lot of RTS like SC, Age of Empires, and Command & Conquer. Has anyone ever played that one RTS for the GBA? It was something like a mech platoon thing.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#6 userjjb

userjjb

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:56 PM

Advance wars?
When life gives you lemons, simply say more morphine please.

#7 Vyperaeon Omega

Vyperaeon Omega

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 03:14 PM

No, Advance Wars is TBS (Turn-Based Strategy). I actually prefer those games to any RTS, but for my contribution to the topic I must say that I know a few people who dabble in Starcraft online. I myself suck ass at the game, so I can't say I'm a huge fan. I'm looking forward to Ghost, though (if it ever comes out).
May you find in death what eluded you in life: a purpose greater than yourself.

#8 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:07 PM

have you guys played the new age of empires game yet? it is so sweet (or wait maybe that was the new civilization game.. :P )
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users