Photo

Longshot Is At Super Target

23 replies to this topic

#1 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:16 PM

The super target here in north carolina has the mag and thelongshot in stores and has them for 23.99.
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#2 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:17 PM

The super target here in north carolina has the mag and the longshot in stores and has them for 23.99.
also they have the bbb and a titan not the whole unity system just the titan.

Edited by sistermol, 24 July 2006 - 05:44 PM.

#3 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:22 PM

I'm not buying this without in-store pictures. Not so much the longshot, I just don't believe that target is selling the BBB and that anyone is selling a titan alone. I'm saying that I don't buy the BBB claim because TRU had an exclusivity deal with hasbro on that.

#4 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:41 PM

I have to agree with Euphemism on this one. I need to see proof of this. According to Hasbro customer service, which I contacted when I saw the LongShot internals, they said that it is not due out until November, just in time for the start of the Christmas shopping season. The person I talked to didn't know why Wal-Mart.com already had the MagStrike for sale, but said that occasionally Hasbro will make a deal like that to generate additional fanfare for the new toyline.

As for the BBB and the Titan, I find that highly unlikely. Just as was stated, the BBB is a TRU exclusive, and now it seems the N-Srtike Unity system is as well. I was in the TRU in East Brunswick, NJ and saw the boxes on the shelf with that "Exclusive" tag printed on the box. I will check again to verify it.

To put it simply Sistermol, I call Bullshit!!!
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#5 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:50 PM

Your prices make no sense either. Why would target sell them for 5 dollars under the MSRP?
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#6 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:41 AM

I could maybe believe the longshot and magstrike thing, but not the titan separate thing! NO WAY!!! WHy would he lie though???
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#7 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:00 AM

Well, I'm going to disprove the rumor today. I've got the phone numbers of all of the Super Targets in NC. It really annoys me when people make things like this up, so when I get home from a meeting I have this morning, I'm going to call them all up and find out if they really have them in stock.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#8 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:09 PM

Sistermol is obviously lieing. The Titan would never be sold seperately, and if it was, someone more reliable would have found out by now. The $23.99 pricetags are bullshit, the BBB being sold there when it's a TRU exculsive is bullshit, the seperate Titan is bullshit, and if all that is bullshit, the Longshot/Magstrike being sold there is also gonna be bullshit. And why did he double post the same thing? probably because he wanted to add more bullshit.

Sistermol, none of us have any reason to believe you. The only way to defend yourself now is to get some picks up very soon before badger prooves that it's all bullshit. You'll probably get your ass flamed off if you post saying you don't have a camera, so don't bother with excuses.

...and if you still didn't get it after I've said the word "bullshit" 9 times in this post, I also call bullshit.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#9 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:41 PM

Didn't CXWQ already change this stupid little pissant's signautre to what it is now as punishment for something a while ago? I'm not so sure, but I think I remember someone's sig got changed to something very similar to 'Stupid little pissant'.

Well, we all know he's lying. But lets not kill him until Badger finishes calling all the Targets and proves that he's a lying sack of attention seeking shit.

But, my question is why would he post such obvious lies? I mean, even if we were stupid enough to believe him, what would he get out of it? What did he think this would bring about? Did he think we'd all blindly send him money to but some for us, and then he'd take it? It seems like a very poorly thought out plan, whatever he intended it to be.

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#10 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:49 PM

Didn't CXWQ already change this stupid little pissant's signautre to what it is now as punishment for something a while ago? I'm not so sure, but I think I remember someone's sig got changed to something very similar to 'Stupid little pissant'.

Yep, he's the one. He use to have this retarded overly colorful sig about some rapper or something.

#11 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:27 PM

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. $29.99 is after all, the suggested retail price. It's not set in stone, so it could sell for $23. North Carolina is also on the east coast. We'll start seeing these things in stores on the coasts first.

As far as the other stuff (the BBB, repapackaged Titan), I'll wait for proof either way. But no matter what, it's going to be entertaining. Either we get conformed releases of lots of cool stuff, or we get to see sistermol nailed to the wall for posting bogus stories. It's a win/win situation!

Edited by Carbon, 24 July 2006 - 05:27 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#12 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:30 PM

Okay hows this how about someone shows me how to post pictures and then I'll make a bet with anyone on this site then I'll go to super target which takes an hour and a half then with my camera I'll take the picture and then post the pictures win the bet and gain the respect I deserve.
And cx I like my sig.
And I didn't mean to double post

Edited by sistermol, 24 July 2006 - 05:47 PM.

#13 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:35 PM

Do a damn search! There is a sticky on how to post pictures. After you read it, go take the pictures.

Even if you're telling the truth, you won't get any respect from me anyway because you should have had the pics in the first place before you posted if you wanted us to believe you.

Edited by AssassinNF, 24 July 2006 - 05:37 PM.

#14 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:45 PM

Enough, out of all of you. Until pictures or proof is posted, I'd appreciate it nobody but someone with a.) proof via phone calls or b.)proof via pictures posts. So from the look of things, that would exclude everyone but Sistermol and Badger.

As much as I doubt the validity, I'd like to keep the possiblity that it IS true there. Let's avoid a flame war people; if he's lying, then flaming is only going to be the reaction he wanted, and if he's not lying, then you've just wasted alot of energy flaming him.

Calm yourselves people, and let's see what happens.

~ompa

#15 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:49 PM

Well, I'm on the phone with the store in Charlotte right now, waiting to talk to a representative in the Toy Department.

EDIT: I just got off the phone with customer service. They had to talk to the Toy representative via radio to have them look. Here is what I found out.

They have the Longshot in stock, but the Longshot is going for $15.99!!! I asked her to make sure and she said that was the price. I am pretty sure they made a mistake on the price. We are still going to need pictures though to verify if they got the right item. They didn't look it up in the computer and the woman said she didn't really have a clue what she was looking for.

As for the BBB and the Titan being there as well, she said no. I verified also with Hasbro concerning these items and they said that the Titan is not being sold seperately and that both the N-Strike Unity System and the BBB are exclusive to TRU. Think about it for a minute. If the Titan was being offered as a stand-alone item, it would be available on Hasbro's Nerf website.

I am still sticking to my comment of bullshit on this topic. Until I see pictures, I can't believe it to be true. There is no way that a major retailer would sell a gun nearly 50% lower than MSRP. I know from a friend near my home that works for TRU and is also a collector that on each N-Strike system they sell, the store only makes about $8-$10 profit over cost. They sell it for $39.99 plus tax. Target, for the price I heard and for the price Sistermol posted, would be making nothing. In fact, using the price I heard, they would be losing money on each one sold.

Edited by badger, 24 July 2006 - 06:43 PM.

As Carbon once said,

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#16 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:37 PM

Oh really I called them to and theyy said they did and as god as my witness I swear on the bible that they did.

#17 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:49 PM

The N-strike Unity system must be only exclusive to TRU in the states because I have found enough of them at zellers. Also people do fuck up on prices at stores. I found out someone messed up on the price of a maxshot at walmart, selling them for only $5.00 instead of $12.99(the sticker on the box). I bought like 6 of them!
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#18 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 10:38 PM

Forsaken_angel24: That may very well be the case. It could be a TRU exclusive only here in the US. As per people fucking up on prices, I know this to be true as well, but I have also seen both the Max Shot and the First Shot for dirt cheap prices at my local Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart does this from time to time to liquidate stock from their warehouses. It may not have been a fuck-up after all. I got both of mine for a combined cost of $11 last year. They may have had too many of them on-hand or in their distribution centers and wanted to make room for newer stuff. Who knows. I highly doubt though that they screwed up the price that severely on a new product.

Sistermol: Don't go bringing God into this!!! I'm positive I called the store that you had called as well. You did say that the SuperTarget was 1 1/2 hours away from you, and by using your city and state, I determined it to be the Charlotte location. I am quite thorough in my investigations and I am also well versed in how the retail industry works.

Tell you what you need to do.

1) Go to the store and get a picture taken of the item in the store. In fact, get a picture of the price tag so we can verify your story further. If you want, get some store employee to pose like Vanna near the gun and tag. Then I may believe you.

2) Get an additional picture of the BBB and Titan launcher you claim are there. That way, not only will we believe you, I can then go back and call Hasbro and tell them the mistakes they have made and they can have their customer service representatives ammend their information they tell the public.

You have been posting on this board long enough to know what people expect. There are some users that can get away with posting a comment like this, but they have earned the trust of the NH community. I was questioned a long time ago in a thread to show pictures of my collection when I said I had all of this stuff. I delivered on this request when I started my checklist project. I understood that I was not well known and had to earn the user's trust. You, it seems, have a reputation for posting complete bullshit, and I believe that is what we have here again. How can you possibly tell me that you are correct when you never saw it with your own eyes. Correct in the belief that the LongShot and the Magstrike are in a store over 600 miles away from the main Hasbro distribution center located in NJ and already on their shelves for sale when Hasbro has stated that it won't be out until around November. Correct in the belief that the BBB and the N-Strike Unity System, which are exclusives to TRU, are somehow in another store, which would make the definition of the word exclusive null and void, and would put TRU in a false advertising situation and Hasbro in a breach of contract situation. You mean to tell me that Hasbro, along with the ambassadors that are a part of NH, are wrong?

BULLSHIT!!!
As Carbon once said,

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#19 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 10:42 PM

Badger, I think that's enough. Bullshit has at least been said 10 times to the little kid. And you've repeated yourself, let it rest for a bit :huh:.

Edited by SirTofu, 24 July 2006 - 10:42 PM.

Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#20 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 10:53 PM

My apologies to you and anyone else that may have been offended by my continual attacks on him. I just truly dispise people that lie to get attention. I have earned my trust and respect on NH and I am continuing to do so. It just pisses me off when someone blatantly tries to pull one over on people that I would like to meet and call friend someday. Just a major pet peeve of mine.

Once again, sorry to go into full flame mode SirTofu. He just hit a really bad nerve with me.
As Carbon once said,

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#21 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:04 PM

Generally it is also best when one is swearing something to God to have it be God you are swearing this to and not god. But thats only a suggestion.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#22 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:00 AM

Don't you sware to my god sistermol! The god I believe in doesn't lie. Asshole
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#23 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:47 AM

Whoa folks, getting a little heated in this topic. Now I'm just a good ol' boy from the rural South, (yes we nerf down here too) and is seems to me that there's no need to get this indignant over a piece of plastic. There has been much calling of sistermol's integrity into question, but all he has to do to answer is post a picture or two.

Upon seeing pictures, we will know that he is telling the truth.

Without pictures, we know that his credibility will be ruined on this site and he will have a long uphill battle to re-earn the respect of the NIC.

Uncle Hammer, remember that our God is a god of mercy and grace. You are right to get indignant if sistermol is, in fact, lying. However, there has been no proof to either substantiate or discredit his claims.

The way I see it, Hasbro says the Longshot will be released in November, but at least one location has already released it, and there is now a link to buying it on-line. So Sistermol's claim there is, at least, plausible. The Big Bad Bow and Titan claims are somewhat more difficult for me to believe. Toys-R-Us would not give up exclusive rights lightly, but who are we mortals to question the minds of such corporations.

Perhaps sistermol is lying. If so, he has been called on it and will have no credibility.

Perhaps sistermol is not lying. I'd imagine many of us would head down to the closest SuperTarget to pick up a gun or two.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#24 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:09 AM

Thank you cmdrmack. I'm just going to close this thread. If I see a "we hate sistermol" thread started by anyone other than an admin, expect to be banned.

Badger, your behavior I have to admit was understandable, but do try to keep that temper in check for next time, eh? Most people that troll the boards do so to get an enthusiastic response. Let's not give them what they want.

Sistermol, if you get pictures, feel free to PM me, I'll unlock the topic and you can post them. I still do feel that there is a chance that you may get pictures, although that chance is very small in my mind. But hey, I believe in second chances.

So the supposed proof is in; if sistermol has pics, he can start a New topic. This one has already gone to hell. I see a religious debate brewing, and that's something I don't want to see.

*Closed*

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users