Does it work.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 05:33 PM

Well my reconstruction of my last gun has been finished and I am already thinking about the next gun. I have an idea for a barrel magazine system that may or may not work. Has anyone successfully made a magazine system? If so, hook me up with the link. Zero, I was looking on your site under the conseptual rifle. What is a lupien clip, or whatever it was called?

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#2 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:56 PM

...I've kinda disowned that rifle design. Centrally because it's so damn ugly. Also because it works off a breech that absolutely sucks. Even if the breech managed to work (I doubt this highly), it would lose so much pressure as to be completely useless in firing a dart... But enough of that. It was "Lucite Clip," and that is simply describing the material used to construct the clip.

I plan on using either a multi-platform elastic system for advancing the clip in my other gun designs, seeing as I can't seem to find any coil or box springs. ...Er, I think the term is "box" spring... Those springs that zig-zag, and apply a relatively constant force over a long distance. When I say multi-platform, I mean a hollow square, through which the shells can easily pass, which is elastically bound to another, and another, continuing until the end, which would just be a plate of the same dimensions. Relatively constant spring force, just multiple spring force sources, while at the same time fully collapsable. Of course, reality will tell if it works. This is simply some random thought that popped into my head for 8 seconds, so don't take my word for it's operation, but it's the best concept for dart advancement in a clip, without the aforementioned springs, that I have right now.

You may want to visit the new site, by the way. The brinkster one is rather outdated.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#3 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 03:27 AM

Holy shit! Theres a new site, I'm going to check it out now. I was thinking if you used gravity instead of springs, would you really need the shell?

Oh and since I have your attention, I'm thinking of making a huge change to my homemade I just made. Now it uses a airtank system similar to the one on your cutlass, with a pull valve to replace garden hose. Know I have to pump this sucker about 18 times each shot, seeing as it's not semi-auto. Now can I trash the air tank and just pump the air directly into the valve similar to a supermax/airtech design? It seems to me that I could get the same pressure with fewer pumps since there is less to fill. Am I correct, or will this shot only a few feet. I pulled apart two of my guns in the past, sm 1500 and sm 5000, and they had almost identical valve/tank systems, even though one was significantly larger than the other. What say you?

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users