Zoom

WTH

14 replies to this topic

#1 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:28 PM

Zoom, that TV show. Does anyone else remember it or think it sucks?

Edited by opiumpanda, 20 July 2006 - 10:31 PM.

"i read that nerfs coming out with a 500 watt lazer light that can burn through walls."
Hell you're lucky if you don't get fucked with a spiked bat

#2 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:28 PM

Oh god. zoom sucked so hard. The shit they did on that show was retarded.

#3 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:22 PM

That show sucked ass those kids had to have escaped from an institute or something.
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#4 davenelz

davenelz

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:42 PM

The games they made up (or were submitted, whatever) were so damned retarded.
Why did everything have to involve popsicle sticks or paper cups?

honestly?

#5 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:47 PM

The games they made up (or were submitted, whatever) were so damned retarded.
Why did everything have to involve popsicle sticks or paper cups?

honestly?

So kids wouldn't hurt themselves. Zoom sucks! I hate that show. It was retarded and I can't believe parents let their kids watch that that shit. It would teach the kids to be kids and live with their moms till the're 40. They would be afraid of germs and knives and they'd still be virgins.

#6 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:36 AM

Guys that god forsaken show still comes on and I'm going to sue the network for making a bunch of normal kids turn into forty year old virgins.

damn kids.
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#7 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:12 PM

Wow this thing is going to the crapper real quick, to get back on subject...
I personally think that zoom was an early form of goverment brainwashing, and it's purpose was to create a group of brain-washed pansies to do the goverments bidding for them.

Meiser----- :P

Edited by meiser5, 21 July 2006 - 08:26 PM.

Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#8 Out To Lunch

Out To Lunch

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:09 PM

What do you mean by "liberalistic"? The meaning of that word is amorphous at best.

Edited by Out_To_Lunch, 21 July 2006 - 08:09 PM.

#9 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:14 PM

Yea and what the fuck was up with the jibberish thing where they would go around babbling nonsense

But there is atleast one thing good that we all got from this... we all now know the Boston zip code :P
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#10 Yakkers

Yakkers

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:21 AM

The "gibberish" is called "Ubbi Dubbi." You put "ub" before every vowel.

I don't see why everyone hates this show so much.

#11 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:49 PM

I don't see why everyone hates this show so much.

Bandwagoning. It is in human nature to jump on the bandwagon to make yourself sound cooler. Some in this topic probably only posted that they hate Zoom for that reason. Few genuinely hate the show enough to post about that without having the bandwagon effect in mind. As for myself, I couldn't care less about that show.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#12 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:23 PM

Zoom has been on since I was a kid, and that was long, long ago.

I like it. A lot.

I think some of you can actually benefit some from watching "Zoom", instead of all that other trash like "Family Guy" and such.

Maybe even "Sesame Street" and "Mister Roger's Neighborhood".

And puggy...c'mon. I think that people who watch shows like "Family Guy" and "American Dad" tend to live with mom and dad into their adult years while watching the same-o same-o, if they're not out at the pub playing darts or at the bowling alley.

The ones who do watch "Zoom" and other shows on PBS tend to be out of college and out making the world a better, safer, or more prosperous place to live.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#13 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:34 PM

I dont think that I genuinly hate ZOOM. What I hate is not being able to use either tv in my house because my younger siblings are useing to to watch the same show but they are just to stubborn to move to the room where the other tv is. and I am left listening to "ubba wubba bubba duba mubba mubba lubba tubba..."

So I guess that Im not making the world a better, safer, or more prosperous place to live sorry.

and yes I can see that from a parents stand point its better than haveing your kids watch like 24 or something...wow Im compareing 24 to a pbs show... i never thought Id ever do that.... Im so cool.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#14 Mr Zarwid

Mr Zarwid

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:02 PM

I really only watched Zoom once, and I thought it was a little irritating, with all that Ubbi Dubbi stuff, but to consider it fairly it was the only channel working in a soddy hotel room I was staying at when I was 12 during my trip to Washington, so that might have something to do with it.

But what I really watched as a kid, a whole lot was Beakman's World...

Beakman's World was awesome...I loved how he explained everything, with just the sort of madcap, zany humor needed to get kids to pay attention, I know that Beakman's has changed my life for the better, and had gotten me interested at science and giant rat people at an early age. (Lester! ^_^ )

So yeah, I don't like Zoom that much, but some people don't like Beakman's World or Bill Nye or any of that stuff, to each his own I guess.

#15 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:36 PM

I personally hated it because it replaced Bill Nye The Science Guy (best edcuational show ever).

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users